1. Username Required

Username Required Active Member

New here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Username Required, Feb 2, 2023.

Hi all, I’m new here. I’m a published poet, of the New Formalist school. (If you want to see my work, search the name Joshua C. Frank.) I’m looking to break into flash fiction (definitions vary, but I use the definition of less than 1,500 words); I’ve already written a few and am hoping to get those published too.

I’m here to connect with other writers. To make a long story short, I learned the hard way that some forums will tell anyone who even mentions being a Christian that he is no longer welcome; I saw a thread here in which Christian posters were allowed to speak freely, and right then, I knew this was my group.

I look forward to talking about writing with you all!

Catrin Lewis likes this.
  2. ps102

ps102 PureSnows102 Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Well, no, this ain't going to happen here so long as you're respectful yourself. Welcome! I am from Greece, a Christian country!

You can share flash pieces here for critique and you can even participate on flash contests if you want to try your hand at competing. The flash contests have a 500 word limit though.

3. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023 Community Volunteer

Hello, Mr. Username Required! I, too, am a Christian author, or maybe I should say, an author who's a Christian. I've been a member for the past nine years.

These forums work because, for the most part, members focus on the art of writing and what's likely to make a story good as a work of art. If a member doesn't like or disapproves of a particular genre, they just avoid commenting on it. So when I ask questions concerning my own Christian fiction, I don't get anyone telling me I shouldn't be writing it. And I try to return the favor.

The mods are very hardworking and fair when it comes to keeping us in order. That really helps.

I write Christian romantic suspense. I have one novel up on Amazon and wide via IngramSpark, and I'm almost done with its sequel. I'm thinking of making a compilation of my own poetry and getting it out there, once it's properly curated.

I'll look into yours.

Xoic and Username Required like this.