1. pirhar

pirhar New Member

A non fiction book-Customer service

Discussion in 'Research' started by pirhar, Feb 3, 2018.

hi guys,

I am planning to write my first book on a "Customer service" Any suggestions on particular points to be researched?

2. Laurin Kelly

Laurin Kelly Contributor Contributor

Have you worked CS jobs before? To write a whole non-fiction book about the industry, I think you'd need to have experienced it. For one thing, there's a lot of different levels of customer service, from people with no experience making peanuts in a call center, to worldwide Account Managers who make $50-80K before commission.

I've worked in customer service in one form or other for over 20 years. Your OP is pretty broad, but I'd be happy to assist with any specific questions

Fiender_ and pirhar like this.
  3. pirhar

pirhar New Member

well! I've been to the market for last 10 years and now i want to pay back to community. My focus, lets say, the small enterprises as well as the customers themselves. My books is not planned to a demonstrator of a brilliant CS but will be a guide to the actual soul of CS both for customer and care givers. lets hope the germ is pretty.

4. lonelystar

lonelystar Active Member

I've worked in several customer service jobs.
    A lot of companies have their own set of customer service requirements that staff should follow. In some companies staff can be disciplined for failing to meet the requirements.
    A lot of these include not discriminating because of race, religion, ethnic origin, disability. Being polite. Personal appearance including uniform.
    Government services are different as well.

CS is so broad and varies so much. Each country has different methods as well as the different types of companies.
    As a customer the expectations are often different. The experience you get from a call center is different to a receptionist to a store salesperson. What are the good or bad points to this?

I would look at restricting your scope as much as possible to look at certain types of business. Maybe consider comparing a specific number of different companies and how they deal with customer service.

There is also customer care which varies slightly from customer service. You need to understand the differences.

Firstly I would Google customer service so you understand what it is. Decide the number of or types of companies you want to focus on then start getting a list of questions. Then ask these questions.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    pirhar likes this.