Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banned

banned Banned

It was an accident

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by banned, Dec 18, 2009.

Just so you know, I registered as Daylight and you banned me because of a link. I read your working notes and I'm a real person. Why do you allow links in these entries if you don't allow them. Also, I don't sell any product, I was only showing what I do.

Could you not tell I was a real person from my post. Please it was a pain to re-register and you can ban me again, but I really don't understand why you banned me. Please, at least send me an email and explain.
    Thanks,

I was truly interested in the site and helping to learn to write better.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Banned. :)

Spambots are extremely sophisticated and your intro had all the hallmarks of the kind of spam messages we see on a regular basis. I hope you can understand that it really is not possible to PM ever suspected spam message and wait for a reply. This is simply not feasible. The site would be overrun with spam messages as we waited for responses that would never be forthcoming. As to the questions concerning links, we do allow links that are internal to the site and occasionally outside of the site when the end destination is a resource that would benefit the members of the site in their endeavors to become better writers, but not when these links lead to sites where the expected result is the download of applications or the selling or distribution of products either physical or of an electronic nature. Unfortunately, the ability to have links is a yes or no option and the forum AI is unable to discern the end intention of a link; hence, mods.

So....

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start. Then take a leisurely stroll through the different areas of the forum to get your bearings. Once you have a good idea where everything is, come and say hello in the Lounge or have a look at the items already up for review in the Review section.

Please remember that as a full participation workshop, you are required to give two (2) constructive reviews of posted items prior to posting your own work. Thereafter, two reviews for every post of your own work is the expected standard. Remember that two is only a minimum. Feel free to give as many reviews as you please. The more you give, the more you get.

We are also a Flame-Free Location and we do not host Pie Fights either.

Have fun! :D

3. banned

banned Banned

sweet screen name

Sweet, now my screen name is banned.

I read the rules. I actually attempted to read those rules before I signed up in an attempt to see if it was okay to post a link to a product. Wow. Heavy, man.

I think that this all bodes well for my future here as a resident, don't you?

Especially since you've already pointed out that my writing "had all the hallmarks of the kind of spam messages we see on a regular basis." :)

I rock as a spammobot! Banned is a ?great user name? but spammobot would've been even better. :D

I'm so doggone funny it hurts.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

If you even attempted, as you claim, to read the rules. it is inconceivable that you overlooked this one:
    There is nothing at all unclear about that, is there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.