1. Tamsin

Tamsin New Member

prejudice

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Tamsin, Apr 28, 2010.

Am I the only one who thinks it is out of line to post misogynistic/homophobic/racist comments on this forum?

I have encountered so many posts where people express views that are completely prejudiced. I know these small minded people exist, but I am starting to worry that there are loads of them on here, all wanting to post their ridiculous opinions on threads.

I am getting quite sick of reading them to be honest. I'm starting to wonder if it's even the 21st century...

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

If you see something like that, use the report button [​IMG]. We take such things very seriously, and will deal with them, if our attention is alerted to them

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

One more thing - use the report icon [​IMG] instead of responding in the thread. Responding in the thread only inflames the matter, and may result in you sharing in any disciplinary action that becomes necessary.

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

And just to be sure that the forum understand that the mods are all on the same sheet of music as concerns this, use the [​IMG] report post button. DO NOT RESPOND to that kind of poison. It is precisely what the individual spilling the poison wishes. When you get into an argument with the person, you have done exactly what they wished. They got a rise out of you and they win. They win! Is that what you want? It certainly isn't what I want.

Report the post and douse the individual with your indifference.

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

great line!... good advice...

we're blessed with the best in admin and mods here... which is why no other writing site that's ever existed since the web was born even comes close to this one in the quality of its content and its membership...

vive le wf.org!!!

6. Jammer

Jammer New Member

Ah, I am so glad I read this. I won't mention the details but something happened in another thread that had me a little confused. Now that I know about how to flag offensive posts I think the mystery I had is solved.

GREAT POST.

Terry