A powerless plot?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by ShalaylaW, Oct 8, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Mine's kind of similar also in that my protagonist doesn't have a whole lot of magical skills in a world where that stuff is the norm. :D Yay all three of us for our non-powerful protagonists! *holds out hand*

Another thing to consider is how she'll overcome the antagonists who are 'special'. A protagonist without powers of any kind against someone with power makes for an interesting challenge and read.

ShalaylaW likes this.
  2. TheJerminator15

TheJerminator15 New Member

Glad to meet a fellow "normie" lol. Fighting is a good point I hadn't considered. You would need to give the character an edge in some respect, since it is essentially a "knife to a gun fight" situation. Maybe they would have superior intellect and strategy? Cunning? Maybe they just do something unexpected? As an example my character just straight up surprises the super powered enemies with a gun and outright murders them before they can react (element of surprise in these one sided fights is usually a very important factor, that needs to be considered).

3. ShalaylaW

ShalaylaW Member

Nah they're just questions you're curious about because I've already planned everything for both plots.

Everyone who isn't "special" has been discriminated. Her especially since she doesn't get along with others and is determined to make something out of herself. She's a laughing stock to others, but is too lethal to mess with.

Society views them as useless because society is built upon the connection to the forest. They remain closed off to the outside world in an institution called the Braeken.

She is constantly conflicted as to why she feels she must prove herself to a world where she has been casted out by society and her own family. No parents keep a child that is Marked (not special) and I think her goal to be physically prowess because she can't have abilities is because she wants her world to know she's a part of it, and that she's better than everyone labels her as.

4. ShalaylaW

ShalaylaW Member

The fighting aspect is easy to figure out. Not all of the antagonists are with power,like the alien race, the Groudora, who are invading their planet to capture the planet's power. They're just ruthless and are being manipulated. And any powerful people they have to face have never had to fight their entire lives with hand to hand combat.