Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosa Hampton

Rosa Hampton Banned

A question about illustrated children's books

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Rosa Hampton, May 13, 2022.

I have a friend who is a wonderful artist, and she has written and illustrated a children's book. She is going to seek out trad publishing but wants to leave her options open. I had sent her to The Passive Voice and Kristine Rusch's blogs so she will know what pitfalls to look for in a contract.

She asked if illustrated children's books can do well on kindle. Although I have one, I'm not a good person to judge by as I do no promotion. I did tell her that since I had my story illustrated, the sales have picked up, but I'm still not selling well, so not to use me as a yardstick.

Do any of you have an illustrated children's book that is doing well? I'm not quite sure what advice to give her on this. Thanks to anyone who can weigh in on this. upload_2022-5-13_18-49-31.gif :)

(Link deleted)

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2022
  2. SapereAude

SapereAude Contributor Contributor

I have a Kindle, but no children's books. My guess would be that the answer is mixed. Remember, Kindles are monochrome, and the screens are a bit on the small-ish side for a book for young children. BUT -- Kindle-format books are also bought for and read on Amazon Fire tablets, which display color and which have larger screens than the dedicated Kindle devices.

Which is to say that if she goes it alone, she should format the file using color images rather than convert them to B&W or gray shades.

3. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Yeah, Rosa Hampton from Pakistan linking to a publishing site on "her" first post? Spam, spam, bacon and spam.

:closed:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.