1. Elona

Elona New Member

A (Strange) Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Elona, Feb 14, 2017.

Hey everyone, call me Elona if you like. [​IMG] Here’s some information about me in no particular order. Introductions make me nervous, haha.

Recently I lived in Maine and Canada, but for now I'm in South Carolina. I'm in my mid-twenties and one of those vague artsy types, only without the cute fashion sense. 'Artsy' because most creative forms appeal to me. 'Vague' because I have a memory that tends to devour the identifying details about things, e.g. book titles, author names, song lyrics, etc. It's not that I don't care, I just forget. D: It's very annoying.

I spent the past year traveling as a live caricature artist. I've had thousands of conversations with thousands of different people. In the summer I'll work festivals again but for now, while the weather is mild I have time to focus on my personal projects. I want to write authentic characters that crawl inside the mind and live on long after the story ends. . . That's the goal, but I'll settle for interesting right now. haha.

I'm not a terribly interesting person, but I do love loose leaf tea and my dog, a clever (and sneaky) tamaskan.

The Picture of Dorian Gray is one of my favorite books, but I'm drawing a blank on anything else... I used to read a lot of YA, but I haven't lately other than those books about those warring chimeras and angels. I can't remember the title/author but it was totally epic and I cried. If anyone knows what I'm referring to please let me know! (The titles were something about blood or smoke or bone... hm D: )

Other interests are manga, webtoons, movies, cooking, and animals.

~~Elona

2. iRoppa

iRoppa Member

Welcome Elona, I've only just joined myself so we're in this together! And 'Wow', what an intro. You sound like an interesting person to me! I also love manga, though my habit has fallen off of late. What's you're all-time fav? Mine is an oldie (and i mean OLD!) called Grendizer. Or Spaceketeers (Starzinger)! Or Gaiking! Argh, Force Five!!!!! [mumble]A little before your time....[/mumble]
    Could you tell me what the hell is a webtoon? I'm British and that word means nothing to me. I could Google it I suppose, but where's the fun in that?!

3. Elona

Elona New Member

Thanks, iRoppa! Webtoons are Korean manhwa distributed online. The format's similar to manga, but more cinematic. They tend to be fully colored and are updated weekly. Some of my favorite webtoons are Noblesse and Bastard, other than that, I'm really bad with titles and can't recall much at the moment. Card Captor Sakura was big when I was 10--I vaguely remember convincing my uncle to pay me in manga volumes instead of cash for babysitting! :D

4. iRoppa

iRoppa Member

Manga for babysitting. Revolutionary! Love it!
    I'm vaguely aware of Noblesse but it may not be the same thing...anything named Bastard HAS to be good! I remember Sakura, though i wasn't a fan. I used to love the Yu-Gi-Oh cartoons. Crazy hair!

5. Elona

Elona New Member

Oh Yu-Gi-Oh. . . haha. Good times! Good times! Lately, I really enjoy thrillers. Mirai Nikki is a good one if you go for that type of thing. :)

6. Jaiden

Jaiden Member

I think all arty types are vague to non-arty types. Difficult to pin down, and always doing something that everyone else doesn't understand.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, I'm guessing?

And welcome.

7. iRoppa

iRoppa Member

Agreed. As long as they don't put human hair in pillows, we'll get along o_O

8. Elona

Elona New Member

Human hair in pillows! Thank you for the nightmare fodder iRoppa. . . . o_O