1. 33percent

33percent Active Member

A thread for beta readers?

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by 33percent, Sep 30, 2018.

My friends are not reliable for beta readers, they make up excuses to not bother reading it. Also, their bias and friendship may conflict with giving me a full honesty. So looking for outside help, to give me a different perspective what I need to work on with regards of the story, grammar, flow etc. So, I am getting to the point that I edit forever and never get it published. It's a Sci-fi genre, I only have 3 chapters uploaded because to me that's all the Agent really wants.

I've done a ton of changes in my story during editing purposes. I did a 180 on rearranging the chapters and taking out the ones that weren't part of the main story or conflict. My goal end of this year was edit and send it to an Agent. Just seems that's very unlikely. I took over a month break, refreshed my mind. I enjoyed editing again and tackling down any grammar mistakes or what's not needed.

2. 33percent

33percent Active Member

So no one is willing to beta read three chapters for me?

3. DK3654

DK3654 Almost a Productive Member of Society Contributor

I'd be willing to give it a go. I can't offer any professional insight, but I'll try to be as constructive as possible.

4. 33percent

33percent Active Member

I've just been super busy lately. I'll upload the new updated chapters and send you a link PM. Thanks!

5. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

For 3 chapters of sci-fi, I'll swap ya for three of my sci-fi? It would be through Google Doc's (comments enabled). I'm not pro either, but I like for stories to work, especially sci-fi, so I'll tell you honestly what I think. I'm already doing this with another author, and it's working out. I could handle three chapters. After that we'll see.

6. GB reader

GB reader Contributor Contributor

OK, I love sci-fi. Non native though, so I might miss finer points.

7. 33percent

33percent Active Member

I don't mind doing that. I got 102 fever and caught the flu lately. I've been sick lately . I use google doc as well. I can send you a pm of the link. I'm editing a few things before I uploaded the updated chapters.

Look forward to it. Just trying to over come this flu.

8. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Hope it passes soon. Feel better!

9. 33percent

33percent Active Member

I'm feeling way better, just playing catch up. I'm doing some quick edits on 2nd and 3rd chapter. I'm going to go over with it with my writing counselor at my college. I'll send you the link, appreciate it guys.

Some Guy likes this.