1. rktho

rktho Contributor Contributor

A troop of ______s have a serial killer in their territory

Discussion in 'Word games' started by rktho, Apr 15, 2017.

Let's write a story. Here's the premise: a tribe of animals battle for territory when suddenly bodies are found, members go missing, and individuals are found dead. It's up to _______ to find the killer-- if it's even one of them.

The first person to start will determine what the creatures are (chimps? Dragons? Wookiees? Something they make up?) and introduce the characters. The next person will introduce a battle between two tribes for territory. The next will write about the first death. And so on and so on.
    Okay, go!

2. TyrannusRex

TyrannusRex Active Member

Funny enough, the first thing my mind conjured up when it saw the blank was monkeys, but I like the sound of chimps better.
    (Personally, I'm not going to set this in Planet of the Apes, but anyone after me can if they want.)

We have a brave lineup of characters from the Greypaw Tribe (with English names for simplicity's sake):
    Arch: The self-proclaimed leader who strong-armed the previous male out of position.
    Bucky: The MC, just a low-ranking chimp being ordered into this conflict.
    Long-Toes: A bigger chimp who's docile and clumsy (probably due to his long toes) and just gets pushed around a lot.
    Snag: A grizzled old male (with snaggle-teeth) who thinks all of this is a bad idea.
    Orchid: A young female who spends time with Bucky. She doesn't like Arch and pushes away his advances towards her.

Seems like a nice variety of characters, add in minor/supporting ones as you see fit.

3. rktho

rktho Contributor Contributor

Could you write the introduction in chapter form?