1. Andrejs Brivulis

Andrejs Brivulis New Member

I need plot ideas for an animation script...

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Andrejs Brivulis, Feb 15, 2018.

Hi! I wanted to make a short animation feature, nothing too grand, just to make me remember the techniques and joys of animating from when I was nine years old. The idea for the story I got was about an old man in the distant future who has invented a time machine that he uses to go to the past, bring a thing back to the present, and then artificially age it to sell it as an antique. I’m pretty happy about the idea, but - the story lacks what happens next (the plot). This idea at the moment is like a stage on which the play needs to be staged. And... I can’t think of anything. So what better to do than to ask some of the people here - I’m open to all sorts of ideas and I’m excited to see if anyone can think of something really good. Thanks!

2. SethLoki

SethLoki Retired Autodidact Contributor

He's paid cash, a handsome sum in brand new 50s, when he gets home he finds the money so aged and delicate it crumbles to powder in his hands.

Final shot is the purchaser (having last laugh) by hopping into a time machine of his own to return himself and object back to its origins. He's a member of an agency that has to prevent anomalies (looper-esque).

3. Sphinx _Talon

Sphinx _Talon New Member

And maybe the old man confused, goes back to the antique shope, discovers it's not there anymore, goes back in time to before he sold the thing to the antique owner to get answers, then go from there..

4. Andrejs Brivulis

Wow, that’s quite interesting. I espicially like the idea of an agency that prevents anomalies that could happen if you brought something from the past. Though I still haven’t decided whether time-travel is a semi-normal thing in this future, or is it still quite impossible and this old man has found a way to do it but he keeps it a secret. If I want to add such an agency in this story then I guess time-travel has to be a thing that does exist and everyone knows about it.

5. Sphinx _Talon

Sphinx _Talon New Member

Maybe it's a small secret society like the agency that knows that the old man had no idea about?

6. Andrejs Brivulis

The more I think about it, I think I might go with the idea that time-travel exists and it’s public to anyone (like airports, there could be places where you can buy a ticket to travel in time and see things and places in the past) although it would be very regulated, if you’d want to travel in time there would be background checks and special rules you have to obey to not mess up the course of the history. And this old man could be a guy who knows how to build a time machine on his own (which would be illegal) to do this sort of bussiness. The main plot of the story could be about when the police discover that he has a time machine in his possesion and try to stop him.
    Nevertheless I’m still open to other ideas aswell.