Tags:
  1. J.D. Ray

J.D. Ray Member Supporter Contributor

Achievement Unlocked: Published After Editor Review

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by J.D. Ray, Oct 1, 2020.

With a level of excitement probably undue the size of the achievement, which is small, I'm proud to announce that my short story, "Mexican Standoff", has gotten published in an online magazine. This marks a milestone for me, in that it's the first time I've had a piece of fiction published after review and acceptance by an editor. Previous publications have all been me deciding when something is "good enough" and visiting them upon the world (in some cases, the decision was poor).

If you care to support my efforts, you can vote for my story on the site's home page. Of course, I'd feel best about that if you really did like the story. It's short, and only takes a few minutes to read. I've improved it some since its initial publication here earlier this year. Also, the site appears to be a good outlet for Western genre writers.

Thank you all for your support.
    http://frontiertales.com/2020/10Oct/mexican_standoff.php

2. Steve Rivers

Steve Rivers Senior Member

Congratulations on it getting published, JD. It doesn't matter if you feel it's not a massive achievement, a step forward is a step -forward-, and that's the important thing. :)

*runs off to read*

J.D. Ray likes this.
  3. Rosacrvx

Rosacrvx Contributor Contributor

Congratulations! :)

J.D. Ray likes this.
  4. J.D. Ray

J.D. Ray Member Supporter Contributor

I didn't win the contest (small sigh), but the feeling of inspiration holds.

5. ruskaya

ruskaya Active Member

Congratulations! It's a start that motivates you to move forward, I say that is plenty of reason to rejoice!

6. dbesim

dbesim Contributor Contributor

Saw this a little too late to vote but congratulations! I read the story at least and didn’t anticipate the ending. Also was browsing the website and it looks quite interesting. You seem to have a knack for writing these westerns. I think you should send out another one. Good job on the publication anyway.