Act One Discussion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Domino355, Dec 25, 2016.

1. gibble410

gibble410 Contributor Contributor

Don't forget Loki!

2. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Some domains can overlap. But I need the template to run by me, to make sure it will fit with the rest of the story.

3. c.r.beaumont

c.r.beaumont New Member

Yeah, it doesn't seem like there is a delete option. Sorry there, still getting into these forums and how things work. I'll re read through the rules you posted initially.

4. gibble410

So, I am guessing this is why we dont control NPC's? Are we at like a standstill here? Who are we waiting for to post?

5. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

Me, and I might have to drop out purely for how long the posts are getting at this point. I don't have enough time to read and provide suitably lengthy replies.

gibble410 likes this.
  6. gibble410

We should occasionally make summarys. And I'll be posting in your RP today, the discussion.

7. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Alright, shorter posts then. Just make them recap shorter periods of time. And at the moment the creature is quite badly injured and is trying to attack Yurius. And we're waiting for @halisme to post

8. MagicPenguin

MagicPenguin Active Member

There are no Simians in the Immortal Legions.

9. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Hey @halisme I deliberately didn't adress what happened to Khaline. Thought you'd like to reply to that.

10. MagicPenguin

Hey, Hal, I'm not totally clear on what happened in your last post. It seems to suggest that Khaline fell asleep when she was hit? Is that right? Did she fall through Yurius's portal or not?

11. halisme

Sorry, I'm not having time to read long posts, so I had to skim read yours and then go back to find out what your talking about. For ease, can I say that one of the wolfs grabbed Khaline? Arzian is going to call all the gods together once this thing is sorted out anyway.

12. MagicPenguin

Domino, on the RP Wiki, it says there's another star called Pheo. Would not that one be a source of light in the absence of Meerac, contrary to what you wrote?

13. gibble410

Pheo was the first star Realiti created, to basically signal the other gods to her location. Pheo died, however when Eliphon aged it to make his phoenix. So it's not around anymore. I'm guessing that Oblivion didn't cover the entire of Meerac, just basically most of it. So its really dark and shadowy everywhere,

14. MagicPenguin

Oh, okay. Good to know.

15. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

After my last post I've got a feeling Eliphon is slowly becoming the god of sarcasm... Lol, anyone gonna post?

16. halisme

Is Eliphon insulting Arzian there, or Yurius?

17. gibble410

I guess I'll do a short post.

18. MagicPenguin

I couldn't tell either. I thought he might actually be complimenting Yurius, but it also could've been sarcasm and, given how everyone apparently dislikes Yurius for some reason, sarcasm suddenly seems more likely.

I'm also a little confused about some things that went down in that post. What exactly did Eliphon do? Age the star inside Oblivion as suggested? Or something else? Who crashed the planets together? The monster, with its feet, or Eliphon with his weave? Did the monster successfully attack Eliphon with its tentacles lunging out or did you stop as he was attacking, but before he could connect?

19. gibble410

I think he aged the spirits inside like you thought of.

20. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Sorry, I thought my last post was clearer. Eliphon is complimenting Yurius while insulting Arzian at the same time (since Yurius is the only one actually coming up with ideas.) He's trying to age the star Oblivion swallowed to a point of supernova. Oblivion, in retaliation, is trying to stop it, by sending all of its tentacles at Eliphon at the same time (No mention as to weather they hit, but let's just say that Eliphon is in no position to defend himself from them). And it was Oblivion who smashed both planets together, and is now on top of them. The planets are still holding form, but barely

gibble410 likes this.
  21. MagicPenguin

Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification. I was pretty sure that's what was happening, but I wanted to make sure before I posted. Anyway, here's a quick thing to visually illustrate what I was trying to describe in my post, just to be sure everyone understands:
    [​IMG]

The blue dot is Eliphon. The big black circle is Oblivion. This is not to scale, clearly, but it's good enough to demonstrate. The tentacles Oblivion's shooting out, the black lines, are on all sides, above, below, left, and right of the weave, which is the red line. If Yurius makes one big portal (green line) for all the tentacles to travel into, it will have to cut through the red line in order to catch them all. Instead, he made the portal a donut: there's just a tiny gap in the center of the whole thing that isn't part of the portal so the red line can go through without being sliced, but none of the black lines can fit.

When all the black lines fly through, he's going to shut it abruptly. The tentacles, trapped half in the underworld and half on the battlefield, will (in theory) be sliced in two when he shuts the portal. The spirits trapped in the tentacles will be freed. Yay!

Well, in theory, at least.

Just an FYI: Eliphon, sitting on the non-entry side of the portal, would not see where the portal leads. That can only be seen on the entry side. Eliphon would see what was happening on the other side of the portal (e.g., Oblivion and the tentacles) as if he were looking through a shower door made of frosted glass. As in, he could see what was happening, but the details would be fuzzy and indistinct.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  22. halisme

Not sure if I'm getting likes for being creative, doing something suitable mythic for a god, or just because it's the biggest attack possible at the moment.

23. MagicPenguin

Soooo...it just occurred to me, but Tesni is the Sun Goddess, right? And that star was sort of like this universe's sun, right? And we kind of just blew it up...

Oops?

24. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Well... She's also the goddess of volcanoes, so I guess she's still alive.
    And Realiti can always make a new one

25. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

@halisme I'm thinking all of the above?
    I mean, yeah, we have a problem. Solution: drop the freakin' moon on it.