Tags:
  1. Tgonza

Tgonza New Member

Action Spy Movie Plot Ideas...

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Tgonza, Jun 2, 2020.

Hi, I am currently working on a screenplay but need help with the main plot. My character is a young female 00-agent that is a top of the line international spy. Any plot ideas and twists?

2. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

So I'm going to be kind of nice and kind of not here.

First off, welcome to the forum, we're always glad to have people looking into learning a bit of the trade and entering the world of literature, for hobby or career. So, welcome, and I hope you can find what your looking for in your stay here.

Now I'm going to lay a pretty hard truth here, no one is going to write your screenplay or develop your plot for you. This is the experience of writing. It's the challenge. Why don't you start with a creating a history for the character you already have. Ask yourself why she is the way she is, where she came from, why we've stopped her character for the story in this exact spot. Roll into a historical progression for your character and as I have, I'm sure you'll find plenty of branch points in her story to tell. When you select a spot, establish the basics: who, what, when, where, why, and how. Twists come with development. Also, read other screenplays. There are literally thousands of videos on screenplays as they are being ran through with the films playing alongside. See what stands out, what's being skipped over. Lastly, read some screenplays here, or on other forums. Find what works, and more importantly sometimes, what doesn't. Just read a lot. It helps.

Sorry, I'm sure this wasn't the answer you wanted, but there's a lot of work the goes into the practice and learning, much of it being not involved with your actual story itself. Good luck, and if you have very specific questions you can't pull from google, or about the craft itself, we have plenty of members here to help.

Tgonza and Steve Rivers like this.
  3. Steve Rivers

Steve Rivers Contributor Contributor

If you google "plot ideas" and "plot twists" you get pages and pages, lists and more lists of every idea under the sun (or most of them). It's also easier and faster than waiting for responses here.

Cave Troll and Tgonza like this.
  4. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

I meant in googling specific items, like weapon sets or areas. Not general plot twists.

Cave Troll likes this.
  5. Steve Rivers

Steve Rivers Contributor Contributor

And I was replying to the OP really EF, so I didn't mean that to reflect your post :) So sorry for the confusion

EFMingo likes this.
  6. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

A story is built from conflict. You have at least the bare idea of a main character, now she needs a nemesis. A good enemy to test herself against. And a situation in which they meet and clash.

Something needs to happen at or near the beginning of the story to force the main character (we refer to them as MC around here for simplicity's sake, saves a lot of repetitive typing) into action, force her to decide to fight against the nemesis. Maybe the nemesis does something that puts her life in danger or maybe she's just hired by her agency to stop some plan of the nemesis.

Cave Troll, Tgonza and EFMingo like this.
  7. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    The twist is the spy is a double agent and doesn't know it.
    [​IMG]

8. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

But really a TRIPLE agent!! :ohno:

Steve Rivers and Cave Troll like this.
  9. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    He is so deep cover he doesn't know he is undercover. :rofl:

Steve Rivers and Tgonza like this.