Tags:
  1. Summerac77

Summerac77 New Member

Advice for memoir

Discussion in 'Non-Fiction' started by Summerac77, May 27, 2020.

Hi there! I'm a newbie here. I am writing my episodic memoir of my life as a professional with bipolar disorder. I have some questions for you all.

1. I have changed the names of persons that I have worked with to protect them, but someone who knows me or my resume history could easily speculate accurately who I am referring to. I read another post on this forum that said "ask a lawyer" What sort of lawyer would be best to ask this?

2. I'm using wattpad right now. What are your thoughts, honestly, on wattpad?

3. I love reading episodic writing but I'm struggling to write that way in as much as I feel there are "holes" for my audience by going back and forth in time. I see that I cannot post in the critique section yet. When will I be able to? (I just joined.)

Thank you for all or any answers! I really appreciate it!

2. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2023

In answer to your third question:

https://www.writingforums.org/threads/new-member-quick-start-guide.132102/

That's the quickest way to answer your questions about being new. If you have further questions, the mods are the people with yellow/tangerine names and are very helpful.

I'm not sure if they know what lawyer you need, but they'll be able to answer forum related questions better than anyone else.

I hope you like it here.

3. Friedrich Kugelschreiber

Friedrich Kugelschreiber marshmallow Contributor

I imagine any sort of lawyer worth his salt would be able to answer your basic questions, but I guess one who is an expert in defamation law would be the most helpful.