1. TeeBee2011

TeeBee2011 New Member

Better to look for an agent in your country or go global?

Discussion in 'Agent Discussion' started by TeeBee2011, Dec 8, 2011.

Hi,

I live in the UK and i’m getting to the stage where I want to pick 10 or so agents to see if they are interested in my Children’s story. The story references real places in the UK, and also a couple of popular childhood activities that UK agents might have done themselves as children (and probably not agents who didn’t grow up in the UK).

I haven’t compiled my list yet but my question is, am I better to target UK based agents who might have experienced these places and activities and perhaps associate with the story, and look at it in a more favourable way, or shouldn’t that matter?.

Thanks

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

it all depends on where your book will sell... if it will appeal only to uk readers, then stick to agents/publishers there... but if its appeal is more universal and would interest readers in the us or canada/austalia, by all means try agents/publishers there, as well...

fyi, it's unlikely you'll find an agent willing to take on a single children's book by a new and unknown author, so you should consider querying publishers directly, to maximize your chances of seeing it published...

3. TeeBee2011

TeeBee2011 New Member

Thanks mammamaia. I have a book containing a list of agents. Can you recommend something similar for publishers.

Thanks

4. TeeBee2011

TeeBee2011 New Member

Thanks mammamaia. I have a book containing a list of agents. Can you recommend something similar for publishers.

Thanks