1. Jan P. Leonardy

Jan P. Leonardy New Member

Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jan P. Leonardy, Dec 16, 2019.

Hello Everyone!
    I am a brand new member of this forum.
    I am a straight Man in his Sixties, Married with Adult Children. I am on Disability and soon to be "Officially Retired" in 2020. I started writing for my own enjoyment while working as a contractor for the U.S. Military overseas in the Middle East. Not a lot to do in your off hours, so I started writing about things that interested me.
    Being away from my family and wife and lonely, my first writings were mostly about that. I also wrote some Erotica and even posted several stories that received a lot of feedback on some free story sites.
    I started to expand my writing when I was hurt overseas and returned home to five surgeries and a long recovery period. I went from short stories to exploring themes and plots for novels.
    I have written a draft of two novel length stories and a partial draft of a sequel to one of them.
    I will make sure I meet all the requirements before posting my stories as I want and need critique and constructive assistance.
    Thanks to Everyone!
    Jan P Leonardy

2. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

Hey, mate.
    Welcome to WF :3

3. Madman

Madman Life is Sacred Contributor

Welcome! Hope you will like it here!

4. Rockatansky

Rockatansky Banned

Welcome to WF

5. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi Jan P!

I’m one of the forum moderators and I want to welcome you to the forum.

Unfortunately, it’s that ‘time of the year’ and I’m falling badly behind on my forum duties, including writing personal welcomes to all the new members, which is what I normally like to do. So please forgive me if this ‘welcome’ is general, not personal. Consider it a Christmas form letter from a Forum mod!

Just to keep you on track or get you on track if you’re just starting out here …please take the time to read these two links. They help to get you oriented, and also give you a notion of how we operate here.

New Member Quick Start

Forum Rules

If you want a quick way to explore the forum offerings, here is a great link below, and I use it often myself. It’s not a series of Frequently Asked Questions, but is, rather, a site map with links.

https://www.writingforums.org/faq/

If you have any problems getting settled, don’t hesitate to ‘start a conversation’ with me, and I’ll do my best to help. (Just click on my owl avatar and follow the signs.)

Anyway, take your time, settle in, participate in any threads that draw your interest. Giving critiques in the Workshop section is much appreciated by our members, and is also a requirement if you want to post your own work for feedback. So might as well get a head start there.

Our contests are also open to new members, both for entry and for voting. So you might want to check these out as well.

Anyway, hope you enjoy yourself, and I’ll see you around the threads. Probably AFTER Christmas! :)

Cheers, Jan