1. Texan Gandhi

Texan Gandhi New Member

The Thousand Swords (Star Wars Universe)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Texan Gandhi, Sep 23, 2012.

The Thousand Swords

"If you don't want collateral damage, that'll cause extra."

To start off, this is in the Star Wars Universe. I decided to use it cause its something everyone knows, and it is very varied, and provides a basic frame that everyone understands. What I decided to do different is not make a thread about valiant warriors or saints in arms fighting against dark overlords, but instead make a nice, quiet thread, dedicated to mercenaries.

And now, I present to you, the Thousand Swords.

The time is of the Old Republic, the Jedi sit in their cozy, rich Core Worlds, Coruscant and Alderaan and them, and have relegated the Sith to the Unknown Regions. Believing their nemeses to be gone, the Jedi have been content for centuries.

And then the Sith came back.

After the Great Galactic War, which lasted decades, the Sith sat holding Outer Rim and some of the Mid Rim, with the Jedi the rest, the Jedi and Sith concluded a peace. In the Galactic War many veterans and hardened mercenaries were made, at when peace was made, that left many of those unemployed. The Sith and Jedi, not quite content to leave each other alone in peace time, started up a Cold War before the metaphorical ink was dry on the electronic paper.

In this proxy/Cold war is where our thread begins. The Thousand Swords were born in the Galactic War, famous for commandeering the Battleship Golden Sun from the Republic, which is their current home and has been promptly renamed to Bloody Sun, and famous for their acceptance of Force-Sensitives (Jedi or Sith) into their ranks. They are the premier mercenary band, and they are most certainly for hire.

The Thousand Swords are set to go out into the wild galaxy, to get rich off the dirty underhanded business of the great nations, dealing death and sabotage for the highest bidder, but first they find themselves just short of their mandatory thousand-person mark. They find that they must recruit from those who deal in death, destruction, and savagry. These are not the saints, or good men in bad situations. They look for men who are comfortable with trading life for credits, or a blown up building for a hefty paycheck. The Thousand Swords are looking for those men, those who would stand gladdly and take the job of blowing up a bridge over saving some orphans cause it would get them just one more credit. To wear the Grey and Gold of the Thousand Swords, these men must shudder at the idea of patriotism and writhe at the idea of charity. They are looking for bad men, plain and simple.

You are who they found.

Rules:

1) All general rules apply.

2) The goal is to complete missions in teams for the Thousand Swords. The missions are determined by the GM. REMEMBER, this thread is about mercenaries. Not some wanna be Jedi from Tatooine, you are bad, and experienced at being bad. If its being a (crappy) Jedi, then you are fairly good at carving things up with your Lightsaber, you are just a scoundral that does it for money. Same with the Non-Jedis, you are hardened mercenaries who do bad things for money. This is as much the scum of the galaxy as you are going to get, just glorified to a position of honor as being the best scum.

3) No killing other characters, or players' named NPCs without permission.

4) The whole point is character interaction, so stick in groups.

5) Don't write for other people unless they ask you to (In the Discussion Thread).

6) No god moding, all characters must be balanced, whether it is the main character or rival. We have Jedi, yes, but if they were the Luke Skywalkers of the Universe they wouldn't be in a mercenary band.

7) You can make unnamed Non-Player Characters (NPCs) if you want, but don't make named, and thus important, NPCs very often. You can summon some miscellaneous bad guys if you want, but if you start introducing Bosses then that should be discussed in the Discussion thread.

8) GM can make or break rules at will and without permission.

9) Write the NEXT part of the story. Avoid re-capping. Use showing in the present to respond to previous posts; avoid re-telling entire previous posts from your character’s perspective.

10) No super short posts. At least write a full paragraph or two.

11) No Out Of Character (OOC) discussions in this thread. All OOC conversations are to be held in the Discussion Thread.

12) If a player is absent for a while and you want to keep the story going, then PM the GM and ask if you can say he 'disappeared'. When the player comes back, all he has to do is make a small explantion as per why he/she/it was gone, and can jump right in.

13. FLAMING, INSULTING, OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF HARSHNESS THAT IS DELIBERATELY USED TO HURT SOMEONE ELSE’S FEELINGS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AT ALL, NOR ACCEPTED ANYWHERE ELSE AROUND THE FORUM.

14. Edit before posting.

15. View the Discussion Thread for less formal details and to direction in the game.

16. Dialogue from other characters should be put in BOLD type.

17. Put your character’s name in the title of your post.

18. More than one character is allowed but requires the permission of the GM.

19. Please feel welcome to make suggestions and negotiate with people in the Discussion thread.

20. YOU DO NOT NEED PERMISSION FROM GM TO MAKE A CHARACTER. What you have to do first, however, is post your character's template in the Discussion Forum first. YOU MUST POST THE TEMPLATE IN THE DISCUSSION FORUM, and DO NOT POST THE TEMPLATE IN THE ACTUAL IN GAME FORUM. This is very annoying. The in game forum is for writing.

Characters:
    Jedi or Sith

1. You can make your person Force-Sensitive (I.E. a Jedi) but you MUST make this balanced. You are not an uber-pro Jedi Luke Skywalker god, you are not Made Windu, you are not Yoda. Most usually, you are an Ex-Jedi or Ex-Sith, and not a good one. If you were a good one, they would hunt you down and try and kill you. Powerful Force-Sensitives running around is bad.

2. If you are a Jedi or Sith, you can have ONE Force-Ability, (Push, Jump, Heal, Lightning, Throw( your lightsaber, if you have one), Vision (see through walls), Telekenesis (picking stuff up with the Force), Speed (super speed), Stealth (super quiet and faded), or Pull)

3. Force-Abilites cannot be spammed. You can use it every once and a while, give it time. You cannot use it more than once in a fight. If it is something like Stealth, Jump, or Vision, you can't go around looking through walls all the time under the premise that it is taking you a long time. Be reasonable. If you aren't I'll tell you so.

4. Force Abilities are not epic. If you could pick up an entire X-wing out of a swamp, you would not have left your Jedi or Sith Order. Your Force Lightning will not go out and char entire squads of soldiers. What it will do is short-circuit systems and give an individual enough to knock them out or maybe kill them. You Force Push will not send legions of people flying across the sky, it will simply push an individual a long ways, maybe ten yards, and a group of people a yard or two back. As I said before, you are not Luke Skywalker, you are not Darth Vader or Darth Sidius.

5. If you are a Jedi, you are not able to block all laser shots. You are not super good at dueling. If you go against an actual Jedi, or get shot at by a squad of soldiers, you will be carved up or shot up acordingly. You need cover just as much as the non-Jedis.

6. Force-Sensitives have to have something past being a Jedi. You are supposed to be in with a thousand of the best mercenaries around. You need to know some useful miscellaneous skills. Being a Jedi does not automatically make you awesome. There are lots of non-Jedis out there killing Jedis.

7. You do not have to be a 'Full' Jedi. You can be a wanna-be Luke Skywalker if you want, but you can also be a normal soldier with some talent with a Lightsaber and a Force Power. Mix it up.

Non-Jedi, Regular Mercenaries

8. If you are not Force-Sensitive, you are not Boba, or Jango, Fett. You are not a super soldier. You are not Ares, God of War. You are someone who is maybe on-par with Spec-Ops soldiers, maybe, and is in it for the money. Your equipment is not state of the art. You may have some great stuff, like an awesome rocket launcher, but you MUST BALANCE this out with the fact that it is immensely heavy, and is a huge burden, or having the worst armor the galaxy has ever seen.

9. You cannot have a Jet-Packs. This is an executive decision.

10. You must be, however, very, very proficient at what you do. If you are a front-lines bruiser, you are going to be big, going to have some kind of automatic rifle, and will have heavy armor. This is the way of things. However, if the mission is to sneak around a building, you are going to have a tough time. Those who are smaller, sneakier, you are going to have very quiet equipment and very good pistols. If, however, you are put in the middle of some Jedi and Sith duking it out, you are going to be in a very poor spot.

11. You must have some useful talent. If it is hacking computers or great hand-to-hand combat, that's good. Your talents must have limitations, however, hand-to-hand combat will not take down a Jedi. They are kind of the masters of that, since they have Lightsabers.

12. You can carry around a Lightsaber if you want. This means you can't have a great weapon, like a Rocket Launcher or Gattling gun or Super Sniper Rifle, cause that would be unbalanced. You will get out-dueled by even the Wanna-Be Jedis or Sith, of course, but you can still carve up some NPCs. Odds are you will get shot if you try to do this a lot, so keep it at a minimum. You are not a Jedi, you most likely see this as a hyper advanced door opener, or a really long, really good, knife.

13. You should have one cool gadjet or useful tool. Lightsabers are nifty door openers, but it won't get you over a thirty foot wall.

All Characters.

1. The Thousand Swords traditionally wear Grey and Gold. You don't have to, but its a suggestion.

2. Most of the time you are fighting as a team. The ENTIRE Thousand Swords will not be around. Most of the time, they will just send your team across the galaxy to do some dirty work and return back to the Bloody Sun (the Thousand Sword's home ship). Keep that in mind, as we are going to be doing small scale missions, not being battlefield butchers of masses of men.

3. This is supposed to be about "Bad Men", but we don't need to go about burning schools of ophan children or cussing up a storm. A good poke about a few blown up buildings that maybe didn't need blow up is nice, but we don't need to eviscerate men, women, and children as we go on. I know this is a fine line, but walk it cause that's the rules of the forum. And its kind of uncomfortable, so don't do it. Trash talk between mercenaries is fairly usual, but keep it within reason.

2. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Approved, may the force be with you...

3. Texan Gandhi

Texan Gandhi New Member

Arioch Morningstar, The Wayward Sith

I heard stories about this, thought Arioch, but stab me twice if I thought the stories were real.

The Bloody Sun was a true Battleship, a gigantic affair that was a city in of itself, thousands of people to make it run, thousands of people that ran its dark dealings of death, and thousands more who were running the giant ship as a huge trading center in space, like a space station rather than a ship built for war. He heard the ship was supposedly up to be hired just like the thousand elite mercenaries inside of it, but it had spent the last year as a 'space station', apparently the taxes, tariffs, and tolls made good money too.

Not that the giant ship was any less impressive, as each of its flanks was a row of massive turbolasers, all painted in the grey and gold of the Thousand Swords. It was nothing compared to the Sith Deathcruisers, each one probably three times the size of the Bloody Sun, but hell, the only time someone saw a Deathcruiser was when a planet needed its surface obliterated. At least this one slew people, blew up buildings, and maybe sabataged ships, but it didn't obliterate civilizations.

Arioch sighed. Unless the money for civilization obliteration gets really good, then the Thousand Suns might just get their own Deathcruiser.

Arioch turned away from the view port and looked towards the contents of the shuttle he was on. A big cargobay, full off a huge mix of species, some talking in groups or couples, conversing about this and that, every demographic represented from every place imaginable. It could have been an intergalactic convention, if it wasn't for all the guns. These are who I have to contest with to get the Thousand Swords slot, eh?

Arioch looked around, seeing massive wookies with rocket launchers to a few Sith huddled together speaking in harsh, low tones. Maybe I shouldn't be here. Money for killing petty officials might not be the best, but its better than a brutal death at the hands of this lot.

Arioch sighed again. Well, it looks like I'll just have to kill better than the rest of them. The pay had better be damn good, was his final thought, then he turned back to the viewport.

4. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Riorach

The cargo was bustling with all kinds of species. Riorach thought she saw a Wookie--and then when she got a whiff of him, she was sure. Standing by the viewport was a strapping man, gazing outside. Riorach thought his solitude was a sign that he was interesting. She made her way to him, but she wasn't sure how to introduce herself. Whens eh reached hte viewport, there was an awkward moment where she stood a couple feet from him wordlessly. Finally she faced him and said, in a sharper tone than she intended, "Im Riorach. Who do you think you are?"

Maybe that wasn't the best introduction ever, Riorach thought with a grimace. She waited for a response.

5. Daggers

Daggers New Member

TA-01

TA-01 stood in the corner of the hold. Monitoring. Analysing. Of all the individuals represented in the vicinity. Only two had so far been of interest to it. Me. Droid. I am as alive as any organic.
    The male. Human. Identity confirmed. Accessing database. Another little trinket left in my memory banks from my time with the Maker.
    A display appeared for the droid alone detailing what was known of this Arioch Morningstar. Wanted by the Sith Empire. A slippery one. Disappeared. Not to me. Morningstar. I know all about you.
    The droid looked to the equipment Morningstar carried. A lightsaber. Weapon of the force sensitives. Something TA-01 could not comprehend. If you're prowess with that weapon is as dangerous as the way you flaunt it so openly, you will be a worthy ally. Morningstar.
    It turned it's attention to the Mirialan who seemed to had attempted to engage Morningstar. Analysing. Incomplete entry. Name: Riorach ???. Species: Mirialan. History: Unknown. Unfortunate.
    TA aimed to make its intent known, survival would likely depend on co-operation and teamwork with the more distinguished guests amongst this ragtag group of bandits and low-life scum. The droid activated its power systems completely. It had appeared shut-down, inanimate till this point. The sudden movement startled those weaklings nearby as it made its way towards the only two outlaws to have made their presence known so far. I was designed for this. Too long operating as an individual. Organics they may be but they are fit for purpose. Devise. Strategise. Implement. I can learn from this. I was built for this.

6. Texan Gandhi

Texan Gandhi New Member

"Im Riorach. Who do you think you are?"

Arioch turned and saw the Mirialan standing before him. It wasn't the that fact that she was probably the youngest sentient being in the cargo bay, or the smallest, thinnest, or funny grimace she wore on her face that made him smile. It was the bump under her traditional Mirialan robes, telling him she had a Lightsaber, and her lack of Sithy appearence. Oh my lord, its a Jedi, he thought, a Jedi, here? I wonder where their medititation and inner peace are going to be while carving up scum for money. Wait...I guess that's what the big ass Jedi temples are for. Storage.

Arioch was about to chuckle and tell the adorable little girl to scram, until he saw what was stalking its way across the cargo bay. A big robot, making what Arioch would call a B-line if it wasn't so perfectly straight. That straightness, of course, was precidented by the fact that the robot shoved anything in his way out of that way like so much trash, like a small squad of Wookies (if you call that small), and the pair of muttering Sith that Arioch had spotted earlier. The Sith's gazes followed the droid to Arioch, who it was marching towards. Their impossibly hateful faces managed a little menance, most likely earning them a few years of therapy for the face muscles, as their eyes wandered onto his repainted armor, and his lightsaber. Oh great, two full Sith who know who I am, and probably share a mutual hate for me. This day is getting good.

The droid stopped in front of him, halting in front of Arioch uncomfortably close. Arioch wasn't sure if this was some tough-guy act, but if it was he wasn't backing down. Arioch, not entirely sure of the robot's intentions, decided to play it quiet, and let the big guy go first, painfully aware of that all the eyes of the cargo bay were on him, and an uncomfortable silence had fallen.

7. Daggers

Daggers New Member

TA-01

The droid made its way through the crowded shuttle bay with little effort. These organics fear me. Perhaps some of them should.

The sight of the droid charging through the cargo bay seemed to have quieted the group and most were now spectating what was about to happen. If it was able to guess, TA-01 would guess there was a degree of suspense in the room. Onlookers waited to see what would happen. Some of them would know Morningstar by reputation and would be keen to sit back and watch what was about to happen.

When the droid reached Morningstar. What would be described by most as an awkward few moments passed by. For these two however, the droid with no emotions and the Sith with the will of steel. This was essential. It seems Morningstar wishes to test my intentions. Perhaps I should follow conventional social protocol.

In a sudden movement which startled many of the onlookers. TA-01 extended its right arm to Arioch.

"Greetings Arioch Morningstar. Your reputation preceeds you." It said. The words plummeted to the floor of the cargo bay like a Jawa from a swoop bike.

TA-01 had calculated many possible reactions to his greeting based on what it had learned from the sith database. None were certain. The Mirialan appeared to be eyeing the situation wearily. Perhaps it will be her to break this Toydarian Stand-Off.

The droid stood patiently waiting for some kind of response.

8. Texan Gandhi

Texan Gandhi New Member

"Greetings Arioch Morningstar. Your reputation precedes you."

A damned annoying thing, that reputation, thought Arioch, peering at the robot hand hanging before him. Thick, steel fingers around a wide palm.

What are my options again? Shoot the robot, slice the robot, tell the Jedi to attack the robot, ignore the robot...but hey, apparently I am Mr. Social now. Arioch looked into the optical devices on the cold thing's face, mostly a design for aesthetics because robots don't really need faces, and smiled. Putting his gauntleted hand in the Robot's armored hand, he squeezed, shook it twice.

"Well nice to meet you, I guess you already know my name, what's yours?" Arioch said. This is like a cheap holodrama, the Jedi, Ex-Sith, and Droid. I can see it now...

The robot squeezed back, Arioch's fingers spared being crushed from the fact that the Robot just barely didn't squeeze hard enough the shatter the metal of his gauntlets. With this emotionless hulk, how do I interpret that? Macho? Egotistical? Or the obvious? Crush my right hand, which I shoot and duel with, so he doesn't have to worry about me?

Arioch looked at the robot's eyes again. Probably egotistical, the thing just pushed around some Wookies and Sith like trash. Arioch mentally sighed. The pay had better be really damn good.

The robot paused for just a moment, and before he could answer the ship rattled and jumped, then the cargo bay filled with the blare of a cheap speaker system. "Initiates, this is your Pilot. We have landed on the Bloody Sun. Prepare to leave the cargo bay." Arioch turned to the front of the bay and saw the doors open, showing a shiny landing bay outside. The other people in the bay starting filling out. Arioch turned to the Jedi and Droid and nodded, and started walking out. And hopefully they won't follow me.

Arioch sighed. But what are the odds of that?

9. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Giilan Pelenu

Giilan had been laying low aboard the freighter. He didn't feel comfortable here, and when he wasn't comfortable, he did everything he could to remain inconspicuous. There were creatures of all kinds on this ship, it reminded him of the market places of Taris lower levels. He was having a hard time keeping the flow of emotions from overpowering him, attuned as he was by his head appendages. If he focused though, he could single out specific individuals. He had been for the last few hours, figuring out who was who and why they were there. So when a battle droid powered past him to speak to a human and a mirilan, his interest was piqued. They both had lightsabers, but one was clearly a sith, everything about his emotions was red and black. The other was more complicated, she seemed like a fallen Jedi almost. He couldn't tell for sure though. He observed the happenings, somewhat amused. Then,

"Initiates, this is your Pilot. We have landed on the Bloody Sun. Prepare to leave the cargo bay."

Giilan's attention returned to the task at hand, getting out of this ship. He moved with the crowd as they bean moving out of the now open bay doors. Outside was a massive crowd of mercenaries. They were jeering and cursing, drinking, fighting and laughing. Some were cheering the new arrivals. It was chaos and Giilan had to really focus to not be overwhelmed by everything. None-the-less, he smiled out at the sight of the crowd.

So these are the famous Thousand Swords.

10. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Red Riorach, Irritated

"Did he just walk away from me?", Red Riorach said, more to herself than to the Droid. Her mood instantly swung from mild to fiery. That's why her family called her 'Red' instead of Riorach, because of her hot temper.

Red stalked after Arioch and tapped his shoulder agressively. She pulled back her hood to reveal her long ebony hair, pale green face and black-painted full lips. Black diamonds were tattooed across the bridge of her nose, a sign of womanhood in her culture. In the stark artificial light of the ship her skin looked paler than usual and her dark eyes flashed. Unconsciously, she descreetly laid a slender hand on the hilt of her Lightsaber.

"You never gave me your name", Red said in a low, threatening tone. Her left eyebrow twitched.

11. Texan Gandhi

Texan Gandhi New Member

"You never gave me your name."

Arioch turned, his sight going from the crowd of Thousand Sword mercanaries roaring in the cargo bay to the Mirialan. She was mad, and had taken her hood off, showing a young, attractive face that was scrunched into a scowl. Arioch saw her eye twitch once.

"Well I would imagine that the huge robot following the both of us said my name loud enough for the entire cargo bay," Arioch said, "But if you need it again, Arioch Moringstar."

You're adorable when your pissed, kid, was what he didn't say, though his urge to was almost overpowering. The Sith and Wookies are probably the most prominent groups that will be vying for Thousand Sword membership, and they both already set their sights on me, more or less. Might as well not have another person aiming to have me six feet under. Arioch turned, saw that the droid was, in fact, still following behind him and the Mirialan. Big silent type, eh? Droids, who gets them?

Arioch turned once the Mirialan's face got less scrunched, and saw that the Thousand Swords mercanaries were actually organized into a coherent shape. A small podium had been erected before a small space surrouned by the Thousand swords, and the space was filled by the Initiates. Arioch paused, his sight not registering what was standing at the podium. Is that a Toydarian? Oh my god..that's...

The person at the Podium, who stood flanked by five of the meanest, scarred soldiers Arioch had ever seen and five forboding looking Sith. If he is guarded by those guys, in Thousand Sword colors, then he has to be...

The Toydarian, a squat, fat, winged pig with a snout nose and grumpy face, on the podium, opened his mouth and spoke. The sound, probably linked to speakers about the Cargo bay, resounded and seemed to come from everywhere.

"INITIATES!"

The entire bay quieted at the blaring sound, deafening a few of the races with more sensitive hearing, and making the rest wince.

"Initiates, I am Klargus Waktu, owner and leader of the Thousand Swords. No doubt, you have heard of me. We have had a few vacancies in our ranks, and thus we have need of new blood, fresh and ready to get into an active job market for those who deal in death. Not all of you can make into the Thousand Swords, so I have to have some sort of test.

Which I do.

There is a conflict brewing on Nefaria. Formerly Republic, a Bill has been passed to switch to the Sith. The votes are shotty, miscounted and some areas underrepresented from new policies, vote counts mostly rigged, and the politicians ranks have been thinned from with plenty of...profitable assasinations already happening. Through the course of events, the Bill can only be vetoed by the Chancellor of Nefaria, a one Chancellor Wamei. Your mission is simple. Kill Chancellor Wamei. You may work in groups. The group that kills Wamei and gets out of Nefaria alive gets to be a part of the Thousand Swords.

Your shuttle leaves in one hour. Take a quick tour of the markets, the brothels, the gyms or outfitters...whatever your species does before a mission in which it most likely won't come back from. For those of you who do come back from it, it is nice to meet you.

And with his speech done, the Toydarian turned, moving to get off the podium. The Initiates milled about, silent after the speech. Most of them don't need to prepare. It looks like they all came prepped to fight to the death already. Arioch was ready, but then again, he wasn't shy on credits. A market designed for commerce from killers, assassins, bounty hunters and murderers might make for great windowshopping.

"Oh, and one last thing." Arioch's head snapped up, Klargus Waktu turning to speak to the initiates again. "All those in the group that survive will share a 1,000,000 credit paycheck. Have a nice day."

The initiates paused, the idea of the one million credit paycheck suddenly energizing the group, talk erupting. A group broke off sprinting to the market. Well I guess now they have a reason to shop. Arioch turned to the Mirialan and the Droid, smiling.

"You guys wanna go shopping?"

12. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Red

Red cocked her head to the side, considering.

"Shopping?", the Mirialan said. "I've got all the ammo I need. I could use some thermo grenades, though..." She shrugged and pulled her hood back up. "Fine. Oh and, call me Red." Without waiting for Arioch or the Droid's response, she headed for the market, cloak swishing behind her. A scruffy-looking human made the mistake of spitting in her direction, and then grinning instead of apologising. Red wordlessly gripped his arm and flipped him onto his back. As he gasped for air, Red stepped over him and continued on her way.

13. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Trish Ordo

Tirsh Ordo of Clan Quirin stood quietly off to the side as she watched the prospective initiates break off into groups chattering excitedly at the prospect of so many credits.
    Her black and silver mandalorian armor reflected the light around her but not painfully so. Two pistols rested on her stealth sheild belt and a sniper rifle hung on her back. Her brown hair was pulled into a short pony-tail and her tan skin spoke of much time spent in the sun.
    The group closest to Trish consisted of a sith, mirialan, droid, Nautolan and a bith. They didn't seem to have a Mandalorian yet. Good. Trish wasn't usually one to approach someone, but this was a unique situation. Better to invite herself into a group rather than wait for a invitation possibly never to come.
    "Su'cuy! I have noticed your group lacks the skills of a mandalorian." She said as she stepped in front of the group before they disperssed into the market place. "Might I join you?"

Translations: Su'cuy-Hello

14. Pheonix

Giilan Pelenu

Giilan scanned the massive bay, hundreds of shops were spread around selling all manner of wares, from high end weaponry and armor, to thermal detonators and ammo packs. He didn't have a lot of money, but he'd been a fairly successful bounty hunter so he had a little coin to spend. He started moving through the crowd, as inconspicuously as his green, tentacled head would allow. He was still on the verge of being overwhelmed by all the emotions around him, but with concentration he was able to keep his calm. As he walked, he happened to bump right into the path of the Mirilan Jedi from before taking down a human. He dodged out of the way as the Jedi walked over the stunned human.

"Hey, watch where you're throwing people!" He shouted at her. He instantly regretted it, as he saw several heads turned around him.

Just then a Mandolorian girl strode up asking to join their group, for some reason she seemed to be addressing Giilan as well.

"I ain't no company of them." He said as he started walking away.

15. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Red Riorach

"Hey, watch where you're throwing people!"

Red turned her entire body to face the tentacled alien. "Do those grow back?", Red said, meaning his wriggling appendages. It was obviously a threat. "Tell me how I'm feeling right now, squidhead. Tell me I won't do it."

Her hand went to her Lightsaber, and this time she took it out and pressed the red button. Skish! The purple energy blade shot out, illuminating the pale green face in her hood. Her black lips were set in a straight, serious line. If this guy flinched she would attack. If he stood his ground...well, that had never happened before. Everyone always flinched. But if he didn't, she supposed she'd have to respect him.

16. Pheonix

Giilan

"Tell me how I'm feeling right now, squidhead. Tell me I won't do it."

He turned around and looked her in the eye. His black, unblinking, unreadable eyes locked on hers.

"You won't do it, so why don't you just put that down." He said evenly. He wasn't expecting her to react like this, but he wasn't afraid, more amused than anything. "You don't run with scum to much do you. If you draw your fancy butter knife there on everyone who says something to you, you aren't going to last to long." One hand was on his pistol though, and the other on his vibro-blade. There was no harm in being cautious.

17. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Red

Red smirked. She was about to speak, to tell this guy she was very capable of harming him--when a bystander intervened. "Why don'tcha cool it, chick?", a masculine female said. The manly woman actually reached for Red's wrist, which was a big no-no. In a blur of movement Red sliced with her ignited Lightsaber and severed the woman's arm at the elbow. She howled in agony and clutched her arm with her remaining hand. Her horrified eyes were as wide as saucers; two medic droids led her away, the small one carrying her chopped off arm.

"I guess you're not that keen", Red snapped at Gillan. She switched off her Lightsaber and stashed it away in the folds of her black dress. "You're either very brave or extremely naive. Anyone here would cut your throat at the drop of a hat, don't you know that? I'm no different. Consider your life spared." With that, Red flourished her cloak and glided away.

18. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Trish Ordo

"You're either very brave or extremely naive. Anyone here would cut your throat at the drop of a hat, don't you know that? I'm no different. Consider your life spared."

"Well, she seems friendly." Trish noted as she watched the dar'jetii mirialan walk away. "I'm Trish Ordo. The best mandalorian sniper in this galaxy." She looked at the others hoping they would say their names as well. If they didn't she'd probably go find a different group.
    No good working with a group of people whose names I don't even know. Bad enough they arn't Mandalorians.

Dar'jetii: No longer jedi

19. Pheonix

Giilan Pelenu

"Naive is putting away your lightsaber and turning your back on someone who doesn't like you. Especially if that person has twin blaster pistols and isn't afraid to use them." He hadn't drawn though, instead he chuckled.

"Well, she seems friendly." Trish noted as she watched the dar'jetii mirialan walk away. "I'm Trish Ordo. The best mandalorian sniper in this galaxy."

"I'm Giilan Pelenu, best Nautolan bounty hunter in the galaxy, and I do not know you, or them or why little miss Fallen Jedi there is so insistent on acting like a nerf herder." He was fully expecting some kind of retaliation. He was almost hoping for it. The caped wonder rubbed him the wrong way, and he was not accustomed to letting people get away with that.

20. Daggers

Daggers New Member

TA-01

Things were moving along quickly now. TA-01 had followed alongside Morningstar and the young Mirialan when the shuttle landed. After the mission announcement several other initiates had gravitated towards the band. A varied group. Varied skill sets. Just what we need.

"Well, she seems friendly." Trish noted as she watched the dar'jetii mirialan walk away. "I'm Trish Ordo. The best mandalorian sniper in this galaxy."

"I'm Giilan Pelenu, best Nautolan bounty hunter in the galaxy, and I do not know you, or them or why little miss Fallen Jedi there is so insistent on acting like a nerf herder."

TA-01 turned to address the group in general and replied in what could be described as a sarcastic tone.

"Greetings, friends! I am TA-01. You're average friendly assassin droid programmed for murder and plot. Pleased to make your acquaintances."

With the pleasantries out of the way. The droids tone changed to a more serious one. "I believe it would be in our best interests to work together to complete the mission. Given the circumstances I would propose that our current primary objective would be to acquire a means of transport. Perhaps we should make the docking bay our first port of call and acquire a vessel?" The droid made a strange clicking noise that seemed to be an attempt at a chuckle.

"As for our secondary objective. I believe we should follow the organic meatba- I mean. The youngling mirialan. With a temper like hers I calculate a 97% probability that she will get herself killed before we are off the Bloody Sun. I judge that if her skill with a lightsaber are as good as her reflexes she may be of use to us. I may add that even if my assessment is incorrect. She may still be of use to us in a firefight as some form of live bait distraction or cannon fodder... Should the need arise for a speedy getaway."

TA-01 finished what it had to say and waited for a response from the group.
    Now the fun truly begins.

21. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Red

Red heard Gillan's retort, but just smirked and kept walking. If he had attempted to attack her from behind, he would've had another thing coming. She had slipped both her sleeve guns into her hands and was listening keenly for the sound of blaster fire. Besides, she was fairly certain her Force sense, intuition, would tell her if she was about to be shot. But she wasn't so certain--her intuition was very temperamental, it came and went. Maybe if Red had stayed witht he Jedi and meditated for hours on end she would have perfected her gift. But no, sitting in a room being quiet and doing nothing was like a slow death. She needed to be out doing things, not cooped up in a stuffy temple.

"Do you have any thermo grenades?", Red asked. She had entered the market and was adressing a merchant in a booth. The sign read in Basic language 'Fine Weapons & Things', but the booth was a filthy place with rusty metal pieces piled in baskets and on shelves. The merchant shuffled into a back room and came back with a clutch of grenades. Their were only three, two were missing. Red haggled down the price and got the grenades for two creds.

Next, Red found a booth selling exotic curiousities. She picked up something called a 'fingertrap' and stuck her index fingers inside. The device beeped and her fingers wouldn't come out, no matter how hard she tugged. The merchant burst into riotous laughter. Red angrily kicked over his stand and his wares scattered all over the floor. As the merchant cussed and floundered for his things, Red stomped away. She kept trying to pry her fingers from the fingertrap, but they remained stuck.

Red staggered around the market until she bumped into Arioch. "You know how to work this thing?", she pleaded. Red offered up the fingertrap for him to see.

22. Pheonix

Giilan Pelenu

"Greetings, friends! I am TA-01. You're average friendly assassin droid programmed for murder and plot. Pleased to make your acquaintances."

"Nice, so far the Droid has been the most reasonable one here. Go figure. Pleasure to register in your memory banks." Giilan said, almost genuinely.

"As for our secondary objective. I believe we should follow the organic meatba- I mean. The youngling mirialan. With a temper like hers I calculate a 97% probability that she will get herself killed before we are off the Bloody Sun. I judge that if her skill with a lightsaber are as good as her reflexes she may be of use to us. I may add that even if my assessment is incorrect. She may still be of use to us in a firefight as some form of live bait distraction or cannon fodder... Should the need arise for a speedy getaway."

Giilan considered the idea. Other than the ridiculous Sithy Jedi ho, the rest of them seemed okay. He decided that he wouldn't stand to much chance at assassinating anyone without a team. He remembered from Taris, there were always advantages to having a gang.

"Alright, I'm in. just keep Diamond Nose off by butt and we're good." Giilan said and then started moving with the rest of them.

23. Texan Gandhi

Texan Gandhi New Member

"As for our secondary objective. I believe we should follow the organic meatba- I mean. The youngling mirialan. With a temper like hers I calculate a 97% probability that she will get herself killed before we are off the Bloody Sun. I judge that if her skill with a lightsaber are as good as her reflexes she may be of use to us. I may add that even if my assessment is incorrect. She may still be of use to us in a firefight as some form of live bait distraction or cannon fodder... Should the need arise for a speedy getaway." Said the droid, the group agreeing.

"Alright, I'm in. Just keep Diamond Nose off my butt and we're good." was the responce from Gillian.

The bot make a good point. While wreckless, the Jedi makes good foddor, thought Arioch, approvingly. The rest of the group had seemed to just filter in, the Mandalorian, while friendly looking, was probably just assesing where the weak spots in the groups armor was. Makes sniping easier, when you know where to shoot.

The Nautolan walked, but quietly, tentacles twitching every once and a while. Probing emotional responces, but I hear rumors that the bastards can read your mind after a while. I guess that makes shooting someone easier when you know when to shoot. The bastard had also called the robot the most logical one of the group. Distrusting everyone I meet in this ship, the biggest den of killers, murderers, assassins, and manipulators...I am the most logical one, even if I don't have a processor for it.

Arioch looked to the robot. Plays strong and silent, then pulls out the big speeches. Well it looks like he's probably the most crafty of the bunch. He knew my name, probably some database processor in there, hooked up to Republic or Sith records. Most likely both. I guess if he knows your history, he'll find some way to know when or how or why to shoot you, judging from those who have already shot at you.

It took Arioch a few moments of thinking before he figured out what he was feeling. The Mirialan, with all her arm chopping, is probably the safest one to be around. Arioch chuckled.

"I'll go after the Arm-Choppin' green girl," Arioch said at large to the group, "Just get us a ship, and I'll be back with her. Hopefully."

The proposal was met with nods or mummers of agreement, and so Arioch turned around and started after the Mirialan. As he walked, he noticed the woman that Red had attacked, the big bulky woman.Arioch starred at the woman who's arm had just been chopped off. Unlike the others, who seemed to just take that in passing, he noticed that the woman only seemed peeved after the Mirialan walked off. The woman's arm was cybernetic, and a slowly look at the rest of her showed cybernetics as well. Squinting after the Mirialan, she walked off, apparently towards the medical area. Off to get a new arm. I already pissed off some Sith, TA-01 pisssed off some Wookies, and now some cyborg is pissed off at miss Red-the-Arm-Chopper...my day isn't getting good.

Arioch moved into the market place, not seeing Red. An ironic name for a Mirialan, I wonder how she got it...

Arioch turned at the sound of crashing, cursing, and then Red barged right into him, holding her hand in his face. "Do you know how to work this thing?" she cried, a small block locked on her hand. Arioch forced down a laugh, and then calmly twisted it around, found a little clip on the back he had to pull to release it. It came off, to the girl's thinly hidden delight. I'll just keep it, might come in handy... Arioch's eyes strayed to what else she had bought. This is the most oblivious kid in the world. The man probably sold her those two toys for a cred each, and made a killing of a profit. Arioch said nothing, however, sensing that it would be unwise.

"Kid, I just saved you from an Alderaanian spring loaded poison finger trap," Arioch said, Red's eyes getting wide, "So you owe me. You come with me to get my armor repaired, and you stick with the earlier group you tried your damned hardest to alienate, and we're even. Deal?"

I just hope this kid doesn't figure out that this isn't a death device, Arioch thought, waiting for a reply.

24. Daggers

Daggers New Member

TA-01

"I'll go after the Arm-Choppin' green girl. Just get us a ship, and I'll be back with her. Hopefully."

TA-01 watched Morningstar walk away from them. At least one is in agreement with my plan.

"I shall proceed to the docking bay and take a look at our options. It would be advisable if one or more of you were to accompany me. My experience with organics has shown me that they do not like to deal with droids. It may be essential for one of you to negotiate a price. Though I believe our best option is to find a ship. Murder the owner and claim it as our own.

TA-01 headed towards the elevator to the docking bay without waiting for a response from the group. If any wished to join him. Which was highly probable. They would follow shortly. I should stock up on supplies before leaving.

The droid stopped to purchase thermal detonators. It also acquired a new scope attachment for it's sniper rifle which included a thermal imaging lens. This should come in handy.
    TA-01 finished purchasing ammunition and resumed his journey towards the docking bay. A distraction came from an old junk dealer. It wasn't the dealer that caught his attention. It was the astrometric droid under his ownership. The droid was fitted with a restraining bolt and looked beat up, as if it had gone 20 rounds with Bendak Starkiller in the duel arena. The vibro-blade marks on its plating were obvious and it was clear the owner did not care much for this droid he owned.
    TA-01 did not like to see his kin being mistreated. It made a B-line for the junk dealer. An elderly looking thuggish human.
    "I wish to purchase your droid." It said to the dealer, in a matter-of-fact way.
    The junk dealer did not reply. Instead he burst out laughing.
    "Perhaps I should fix one of these bolts onto you and put you to work. Droid."He spat"Where's your master then? Maybe I will just claim you for my own!"
    TA-01 replied "Where is your master? Organic scum. Perhaps I shall just kill you now."
    The droid did not wait for a response this time. Nor did it reach for its weapon. TA-01 reached across to the human and grabbed him by the throat. He pulled him up off his feet and held him into the air. Strangling the life out of him. The human struggled to release the droids grip. He could not. He could do nothing but stare into the cold emotionless metallic face of his killer as his seconds ticked away. The droid twisted his thumb slightly and a short snapping noise could be heard. The droid released his grip and dropped the human to the ground. He fell in a heap. Dead.

Stepping over the body, TA-01 moved over to the astrometric droid and removed the restraining bolt.
    "Live well, be free, cousin" It said to the now freed droid. Reading it's designation as B7-X1. The other droid replied with a series of beeps and whistles.

TA-01 walked away from the scene of the crime and again headed towards to elevator. A few moments later, the astrometric droid B7-X1 followed.

25. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Red, Colaborative

He saved my life?, Red wondered. If he had then she should at least try to do what Arioch said. He had charisma and he made a natural leader. Red wanted to impress him. But of course, she would do it in her own style.

"I'll attempt to be sociable", the Mirialan said. "But Im not in the wrong here. I don't have a problem with anyone on our team, but that stuck-up Gillan fella. He yelled at me for disarming a guy who spat at me. I won't apologize for defending my honor." She crossed her hands adamantly. "People in this proffession who know of me have grown to fear me. Gillan doesn't know who he's dealing with. But I'll try to play nice." At the end of her speech, Red swooped away like a oversized bat.

Red didn't make it far before she saw that droid, TA-01, assaulting a human. "And he criticized me!", Red seethed. The droid dropped the guy and he lay still--dead. Red's eyes narrowed. She had only disengaged her guy--this technological nightmare had actually killed someone over some sort of arguement. Sure, she had chopped off a lady's arm earlier--but she was in attack mode and that woman should've known better. This droid had no excuse for his actions. And somehow it was all the more gruesome because he wasn't human.

"Hey, TA-01!" Red sprinted to the elevator the droid was entering. She stuck out her leg and stopped the doors from closing. "You just killed someone, and you dared to criticize me! How do explain yourself, droid??" Red felt an urge to defend the deceased guy. He was a living being and this heartless hunk of metal had snuffed out his life like it was nothing. Even for assassins that was unexceptable.

"And you better give me a damn good excuse", Red added through gritted teeth.