1. shaylyn

shaylyn New Member

Alice in Wonderland for my 21st.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shaylyn, May 1, 2012.

So my birthday is next month and I'm having an Alice in Wonderland themed dance party. I know writers are very creative so I thought I would come to you guys to see if you have any ideas to make it rad. We're having it outside in my parents' backyard (hopefully). I love all of the different versions of Alice in Wonderland and want to incorporate as much as I can into the party. Any ideas?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I'd leave out the hookah-smoking caterpillar unless you want the cops to make an appearance.

You could give everyone an envelope when they arrive, not to be opened until a signal is given. Inside each envelope is a playing card. Whoever gets the Red Queen wins a door prize.

3. Leia

Leia Member

You could make little 'Eat Me' 'Drink Me' snacks...I'm sure there are plenty of Alice in Wonderland themed (virgin and regular) drinks out there too. I saw a really cute idea for Cheshire cat smile cut-outs that fit over straws. And, someone must have a Mad Hatter hat.

What a cool idea for a birthday party. Beats the lame ones I had in my day...

4. gothiclilmonkey

gothiclilmonkey New Member

You can never go wrong with a mad hatter style tea party, and seeing as it's your 21st make it a long island iced tea party.

5. WriterDude

WriterDude Contributor Contributor

You could watch the movie 'Alice in Murderland', also known as 'The Alice in Wonderland murders'. The movie sucks, but it's about a woman having an Alice in Wonderland-themed birthday. Complete with Jabberwocky, of course. And a woman accidentally gluing herself to the toilet, but you might want to leave out that part. And the part where everyone dies. :D

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I would also construct a wire-frame grin with LEDs and hang it up in one of the trees. Switch it on at a strategic moment; at dusk would be particularly effective.

7. Erato

Erato New Member

And, of course, have a robotic rabbit run across the lawn, and set up some playing cards under a rosebush.