1. Francis de Aguilar

Francis de Aguilar Contributor Contributor

Some questions about UK Military, and weapons.

Discussion in 'Research' started by Francis de Aguilar, Sep 19, 2020.

So my MC is UK ex army, served in Iraq, Al Basra. The military aspect is not huge in the story, but is pertinent. So far I have had him as a regular soldier, I have not mentioned his unit or rank. As the story is developing I find I need to give him a more detailed background. First I need his skill set to be upgraded so I wonder what unit may suit that? sort of 'special forces' or something. The next matter concerns guns. There is scene where he and a buddy he served with are going to extract a hostage from the clutches of two criminal brothers in a semi secure setting and the possibility of a few other hostiles to deal with. I had figured they would have two small assault weapons, automatic, and two hand guns. I need to know what weapons these guys might choose AND it be a possibility that they could get them (even if remote). They may also need to open a safe with an explosive, so expertise in explosives would be a factor as would choice of explosive.

I have had really great help with a similar enquiry before, as I know nothing of matters military. Thanks

Rad Scribbler likes this.
  2. Rad Scribbler

Rad Scribbler Faber est suae quisque fortunae Contributor

3. Lazaares

Lazaares Contributor Contributor

4. Francis de Aguilar

5. Francis de Aguilar

The weapons they have for this were stolen from a private security unit working in the region. The MC is doing this with someone he served with, this someone, 'Mouse' worked for this private firm for a bit, but got the weapons from their training camp based in southern Spain, were he also worked, and smuggled them in part by part when coming into the UK on R&R. Does this sound feasible, at all? I could post the scene.