1. The Reaper

The Reaper Banned

John Rambo

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Reaper, May 31, 2007.

Have a look at this http://www.ramboiv.moonfruit.com/

I'm really looking forwards to seeing another rambo film and the trailer looks awesome. The website also states that there will be a rambo 5

2. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

Oh lawd...
    Why do we need this travesty? >.<

3. The Reaper

The Reaper Banned

Oh come now. Rambo movies are classics of the action genre

and the first rambo film was really well written too.

4. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

Sure, the first movie was fine.
    And then it kind of went down a little...then down farther...than "pbbth", until the man who stepped out of the woods so long ago is no more...

5. Targaddon

Targaddon Banned

I actually love the first Rambo film first blood. it was really good and not stupid. the second though boredered on stupidity for some of the scenes. While the third lost its way i think drastically.

Now as for the fourth john rambo what i do know is they have gone back to basics and made the film as it should be made and a proper sequel to the first rambo first blood

6. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

I think perhaps I will be going to see this film. the trailer looks good seems though stallone could have got a little old for such a charactor to be played i couldn't imagine Rambo being 60 years of age. but the first three were good actioner films thats for sure. though the first was best of the three.

7. Panther

Panther Banned

I've been fortunate to have seen the preview and i can say its worth the watch. its good and not on a daft typical scale.

8. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

The one thing that I can't stand about movies is the OTT sensitive guy concept in just about every movie made today. It's enough to make a real man sick.

On top of that, if hollywood really does have even an iota of balls to make an action film today they have to go and do it with old characters with aged actors. This new Rambo film looks good I'll give you that, but things have got to be different today.

When First Blood first came out it depicted male emotions really well without pussifying the character into a big girl's blouse. Nowadays in films it's usually a pathetic display of girlishness from men that really feels patronising and damn right aggravating to watch. Everytime I see this character it makes me ask "is this how a man is supposed to act or is this how we are told to act?"

Hopefully, old actors or not, this film will put machismo back on the radar. I still don't like Sly very much though.