Tags:
  1. Travalgar

Travalgar Active Member

An Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Travalgar, Sep 1, 2021.

Hello! I'm a man, turning 31 y.o. this December, who mostly writes science fiction and fantasy (or, more often and unconsciously, a blend of both). I blame years of my youth playing role-playing video games (both Japanese and Western) and exposures to great SF&F classics during my more mature years for that.

As the title suggests, recently I've rediscovered my passion for writing stories. Unwilling to let this fire die down like before, I decided to join the Forums a few minutes ago, in hope of finding kindred spirits to discuss speculative fictions with. I found out long ago that this is the best way to keep me interested in writing long enough, at least for me to actually complete writing something! Of course, I hope to turn this into a lifelong pursuit as well.

I've participated in NaNoWriMo and completed the challenge back in 2013 and 2014. I consider those to be the height of my interest in writing so far, which had mostly been ebbing and flowing under the floorboards before that (and sadly, afterwards as well). Needless to say, I hope to move those peaks of interest to the future!

English is not my first language, but I intend to keep writing in it. Although I'm actually deeply insecure about my lack of grammatical perfection I perceive writers are supposed to at least command a degree of, I'm extremely enthusiastic for inputs from everyone about my language use! Any kind, I mean ANY kind of constructive criticism to help me make better use of the language are always welcome.

Looking forward to your kind guidances!

montecarlo and Madman like this.
  2. Madman

Madman Life is Sacred Contributor

Welcome to the forums. I also write a science fiction fantasy blend. My main work is at least something of the sort, it will have spaceships and dragons...
    English is my second language as well, and like you, I am somtimes unsure about my grammar.

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards. If you ever post a science fiction fantasy story in the workshop, let me know and I will take a look at it! Though, you need to give two critiques for every story you post.

Regards, the not so mad, yet pretty decently mad, Madman.

Travalgar likes this.
  3. Travalgar

Travalgar Active Member

Thanks for the welcome! I'm definitely looking forward to participate in discussions. Looking around the forum for a couple days, the folks seems really friendly and welcoming (compared to the other internet forums I'm frequenting).

Madman likes this.