1. X Equestris

X Equestris Contributor Contributor

An Oath to the Sun

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by X Equestris, Jul 25, 2021.

My superhero mystery novelette “An Oath to the Sun” will be published at the end of July as part of Murder & Mayhem, a murder mystery anthology!

Here’s a little teaser from my query letter:

This will be my second published story featuring Whippoorwill, though “An Oath to the Sun” is pure mystery where “Law, Love, and the Whippoorwill” was romantic suspense, and I really enjoyed the opportunity to build up this world while exploring Topsannah and her cultural background.

If you’re intrigued by that teaser, you can find Murder & Mayhem through this universal link:

http://books2read.com/DSPMurderMayhem

2. X Equestris

Murder & Mayhem is out now!

I gotta say, out of all the magazines and anthologies my work has appeared in, this one has one of the best covers.
    upload_2021-7-31_14-0-55.jpeg

3. X Equestris

My contributor’s copy came in a couple weeks ago, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover “An Oath to the Sun” is the very first story in the book. It’s always nice to see an editor thinks so highly of your work that they’re willing to let it shape the audience’s first impressions of their anthology.

in other pleasant news, I was recently invited to write an article about my story. That’s definitely a first!

https://www.readersmagnet.club/a-peek-inside-murder-and-mayhem-an-oath-to-the-sun-by-austin-worley/

4. Seven Crowns

Seven Crowns Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    "Alas, Babylon" by Pat Frank
    That's impressive! The lead story and the last story are always the most prestigious, so that's a final victory for you. That's a cool cover too. Very high quality! It's always nice to see a publisher put effort where it matters. They say you can't judge a book by its cover, but you kind of can.

Set2Stun and X Equestris like this.