1. ewearne

ewearne New Member

Ancient Slavic Religion - Question

Discussion in 'Research' started by ewearne, Jun 15, 2016.

So I am thinking of creating a story with a heavy foundation in Slavic Mythology and old religion. I am having trouble finding sources and information about it, however. I was wanting to know if anyone knew a lot about the subject, or knew of a source that is reliable. Thanks

2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Contributor Contributor

3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Maybe you could look into shamanism? If you Google Slavic or Uralic shamanism/shamanism in Siberia, there's at least some information available in English. I found some in my native Finnish but they won't be of much help... Maybe try your luck with Google translate if you find an interesting-looking source in Russian? It mangles up the target language but usually it's somewhat readable.

4. Alexz7272

Alexz7272 Member

I know of Eastern European & Russian paganism, feel free to send me a message if would like! I am from Lithuania, we learned all this growing up :)

5. Sil_Nap

Sil_Nap New Member

Hi, you can message me about it also.
    I am from Poland and know a thing or two about Eastern European mythology ;)
    I guess you were inspired by The Witcher ?