Tags:
  1. Carlton's_thoughts

Carlton's_thoughts Member

And so it begins...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Carlton's_thoughts, Aug 19, 2017.

Hey y'all!

I'm actually not that new here (been a member for almost two months now), but since signing up I've been too busy to engage with this seemingly friendly community :) Anyway as I've not done so already, I want to introduce myself here. My name's Carlton, as you may have guessed already, and I am from the UK.

I'm fairly new to writing as an art form, but wanted to properly try my hands at it, as it's something I have enjoyed in the past, but I feel academia has put me off doing it as a hobby. Being an avid reader for many years, I decided to give it a go one day, and found it to be both enjoyable and therapeutic. I've been working on some short stories now, some of which I've abandoned for being complete trash and others that I've stuck with.

I enjoy reading about history, and much of my inspiration comes from there (how original ey?). With that said, I do wanna branch out and see if there are other genres I may enjoy writing.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you all, and I hope to be a bit more active now that I've graduated, and have a fresh perspective on writing.

matwoolf likes this.
  2. Fernando.C

Fernando.C Contributor Contributor

Hi Carlton and welcome to the forum :D

This is really great and supportive place for any writer wanting to improve their craft as well as just chat and interact with other writers. We're a supportive community here if I do say so myself :p.

Btw I'm based in the UK as well, London to be more specific.

Good luck with your writing, have fun here and don't hesitate to ask if you need any help.

Carlton's_thoughts likes this.
  3. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Carlton. :superhello:

4. surrealscenes

surrealscenes Senior Member

mwahahahaha

Carlton's_thoughts and Trish like this.
  5. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    GIR Waving.gif
    we are all mad here.gif :supergrin:

6. Carlton's_thoughts

Carlton's_thoughts Member

Hey Fernando, I'm from London as well, won't be anymore specific than that haha. Yeah I feel like everyone wants to get the best out of each other, at least from what I've seen in the workshop. Look forward to seeing what reception my works will get :D

And I also want to say thank you to everyone that's welcomed me here so far!!

Fernando.C likes this.
  7. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Long live Carlton!

[​IMG]