1. Scott Sommers

Scott Sommers Member Supporter

Andre's progress journal for the short story Parade of Stars

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by Scott Sommers, Jan 5, 2017.

My goal is to complete three short stories a month. My strategy is to have three sci-fi stores on amazon so I can create a fan base. The first three stories are not related in any way. But my next three short stories in February will. I want to test the market and see if people will enjoy my first three short stories. If they do, then I'll go forth and write a novel.
    Here is my first short story.
    Title: Parade of Stars.
    Genre: Sci-fi, time travel
    Synopsis: When overweight and underpaid high school security officer Harold Dumas meets a robot from the future he believes it's just another joke by the teens. But when the robot demonstrates his abilities and informs Harold that he is needed in the future, he doesn't want to go alone. Time is running out before the robot departs for the future and the world is engulfed in a nuclear war. Harold decides to risk it all to take along the one woman he had eyes on. But, will Crystal believe Harold's tall tale or will she travel with him to an unknown future?

So far, I'm 80% complete of the first draft. I should be able to finish today. wish me luck everyone.

2. Scott Sommers

I've got two more scenes to write before my story is complete. If you would like to beta-read it, please message me.

3. Scott Sommers

Finished the draft. I'm gonna take a break, update my post on facebook and my website. My goal now is to finish the 2nd draft before Monday.

4. Spencer1990

Spencer1990 Contributor Contributor

How long is it? I think I'd be interested in beta reading.