1. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

The Holy Grail War!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kingtype, May 19, 2013.

The Holy Grail. It is an object desired since ancient times. Men have fought and died for it. Because of its legendary existence, many tales and myths have followed the Holy Grail, telling tales of great warriors and kings who have fought to claim this holy relic.

A thousand years ago, the Einzbern, a family of magi, began their plans on reclaiming a great lost power then once had. Their plan resulted in failure, which forced them to do something never done before 800 years later. They enlisted the aid of outside help to obtain their powers. The help consisted of two other magi families, The Tohsaka and the Makiri. In order to mask their true intentions, the Einzbern created the lie that their work was to find a method to a way to reach a source of ultimate power.

Eventually, the three families worked out a solution: The Holy Grail. The Einzbern provided the vessels required to hold the grail. The Tohsaka provided mana rich land to create the Grail on, and the Makiri designed the command seals that would be vital later on. But like all great plans, there was always a flaw. the flaw in this plan was greed. Each family wanted the grail for themselves. Before they started a war with each other, they managed to come up with a solution. They would create a great lie to determine the owner of the Holy Grail. Seven magi, called Masters, would be picked out to fight for the Holy Grail. They were told that the Holy Grail would grant them any wish they desire. Each magus was given a servant, a heroic spirit of the past. these masters and servants would fight until only one pair remained. The defeated servants' energy would fill the holy Grail, giving it power to work with. These families would then go to war every 60 years in an attempt to obtain the Holy Grail.

The Masters, while powerful magi each, were not the ones that do the fighting. The ones that fought were the Servants. Each servant is a Heroic Spirit, a great warrior from the past summoned by the Holy Grail to battle. They were also promised one wish should they win. Each servant was assigned a class.

Archer
    Assassin
    Berserker
    Caster
    Lancer
    Rider
    Saber

A servant is randomly assigned a class that fits them.

Now, the Fifth Holy Grail War has started, and by a twist of fate, time has diverged from its original course and new Masters and Servants have been chosen to fight for the Holy Grail.
    ================================================== ====

Now that the introduction is out of the way, the more important stuff can be explained. You'll play as master and servant. If you do not get the master and servant slots. You can be an ally to one of the Masters or just an unlucky person caught in the war. But PM the idea first if you wanna do something like that

Keep in mind that Servant are the real warriors in this RP. While masters are strong, the best they can do to a servant is annoy it. Heroic Spirit are very strong, so strong in fact that no modern weaponry can hope to even hurt them. Only powerful magic and other servants can harm another servant.

You can use an oc or one from the novel. Same with the servants, though I ask you try and select a real historic person.

A master is given 3 command seals. These command seals are used in case the servant is being disobedient. The command seals can force an absolute order onto a servant, one that cannot be disobeyed. they can also be used offensively too. For example, you can tell a servant to "attack with all your power" to make the servant's next attack do much more damage.

Servants need a master in order to stay in this world, as a Master constantly keeps a flow of magic to the servant. Without mana, a servant will disappear. Therefore, it is often easier to kill a master and have the servant lose its source of mana than to kill the servant.

However, simply killing a master or a servant does not leave the other out of the fight. A masterless servant can make a contract with a master and vice versa to reenter the war.

Masters can detect the general area another master is in through their command seals.

Noble Phantasm

A Noble Phantasm is a weapon or an ability owned by a heroic spirit. In the legend of a hero, there is not only the man that the hero was, but the anecdotes about him, his arms and weapons; all of this symbolizes his existence. These symbols are the ultimate mysteries that the Servant, the embodiment of the heroic spirit, carries as a trump card. Such is the deadly weapon called "Noble Phantasms". Noble Phantasms are the crystallization of the historical facts and anecdotes that made the heroic spirit famous, but that does not necessarily have to be an offensive weapon; it can be a shield, a ring, a crown, but also a specific ability or a unique method of combat.

It is a servant's last resort in a battle. By announcing the noble Phantasm's true name, a Servant can strike out with an attack that can fell even another servant in a single strike. However, there are drawbacks. The attack will usually leave a servant drained and sometimes defenseless. It also reveals the Noble Phantasm's name, which can lead to the Servant's identity being revealed. A servant usually only has one Noble Phantasm, thought there have been exceptions.

You can make up whatever effects you want for Noble Phantasms. Let you imagination run wild.

Noble Phantasm-Range

For NP. These are. Anti-Unit (can be self). Anti-Army. Anti-Fortress. Anti-Country. Anti-World (extremely broken). However this doesn't define the strenght of the NP.

For more detail of the ranges please see here. http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Noble_Phantasm

Reality Marble

An special kind of move that can be used as a Noble Phantasm. (Yet even some very skilled master can use it). This is a very rare case. The servant is able to project their inner world into reality, violating it, and creating a temporal different reality, with different laws that are imposed. The user decides who'll carry to the RM. While for the others it's seen as if they went to another dimension. Laws of the RM are absolutely and those tend to be different than from reality.
    RM's are extremely broken in terms of power, but very expensive, thus they can be maintained only for a few minutes

Ranks

Those define the strength of a skill or NP. The ranks are. E, D, C, B, B+, A,A+,A++,A+++, EX. Being E the weakest, while A+++ the strongest. EX tend to surpass A+++ but is limited for those whose NP is so strong that can't be defined by solely strength. If a skill is rank B it can deny other's moves from rank E to B. However ranks B+ to EX would bypass them.
    Noble Phantasm then to greatly surpass the rank of skills, despite their level. However EX is definitive.

Servant Parameters:

They have 5.

Strength:
    Agility:
    Mana:
    Luck:
    Endurance:

try to keep them reasonable. For example, an Assassin wouldn't have an A in strength and a Berserker wouldn't have much mana.
    The RP will start 1 day before each Master summons their servant for the war. Masters do not know who each other are, so no attacking another master right away. The RP will take place in Fuyuki city, the same place as the visual novel. However, you are not restricted to only that city. You can travel to other places.

The supervisor does not actually fight in the war. He offers information and gives shelter to Masters that have dropped out of the war.

Remember it's first come first serve, so those who sign up earlier get to choose what they want.

you can form alliances and team up against another person. Just keep in mind only 1 pair will win.

Skills

Those are passive properties that servants have, also classes have skills unique to them. For example, the skill Magic Resistance, is a saber class skill (yet not exclusive if other hero can have it due to its legend), it grant magic resistance. For example if it's Rank B. Then spells below Rank B, won't harm the warrior. The skills are very versatile, they can be almost anything. Like Charisma that causes lower beings to bow before the servant.
    Mad Enhancement is a Berserker class skill, that defines them as mad warrior. The higher the rank, the strongest they are, but with less sanity. At rank E (the lowest) the boost is minimal, yet the servant can still speak for example, however it's personality may be distorted.

.................................................. ...........................................

Archer: Servants placed within this class are usually proficient with projectiles and could survive longer without a Master nearby, thanks to their special ability Independent Action. They also tend to have many more Noble Phantasms at their disposal than other classes. It is one of the three Knight classes, together with Lancer and Saber.
    Class skills:
    Magic Resistance D Cancel Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.
    Independent Action B Capable of remaining in this world for two days without a established contract. Also capable to live on for a short period of time after suffering extensive damage on his spiritual core.

Assassin: Servants placed within this class are always, as a rule, one of the 19 Hassan i Sabbah, the leaders of the clan of the Hashshashins who passed the name down. This rule comes from how the word "assassin" itself finds its etymological roots in that clan. But in this case that rule does not stand.

The original Grail system didn't allow the summoning of evil Heroic Spirits (this rule was jeopardized when the Grail became corrupted), and a real, perfect assassin should normally be one nobody knows (thus one who cannot be a Heroic Spirit). For those reasons, the only Heroic Spirits normally allowed in that class are those leaders.The Assassins' special ability is Presence Concealment, which allows them to remain undetected. This, and their weak fighting skills, makes the Assassin class rely heavily on stealth and usually go after human Masters rather their Servants.

Class skills:
    Presence Concealment A+ It is possible to disappear completely and become almost impossible to be detected. However, efficacy will decrease once preparations to attack are taken.

Berserker: Servants placed within this class are always incarnations of heroes who have gone berserk on their lifetime. This trait allows them to use the special ability Mad Enhancement, which trades their consciousness (i.e. sanity) for a large power boost. Because of the loss of sanity, the Berserker class is the hardest to control.

Class skills:
    Mad Enhancement B Boost up all parameters, but takes away most of sanity.

Caster: Servants placed within this class are adept in magecraft and have a special ability akin to Reality Marble, called Territory Creation, which alters or creates space around them to enhance their sorcery.

Class skills:
    Territory Creation A Creation of a "Temple", which is superior to a "Workshop", becomes possible. Basically allows Caster to control a selected area.
    Item Construction A Capable of making healing potions that grant limited immortality.

Lancer: Servants placed within this class are very agile and skilled with long-range melee weapons, such as spears, lances, etc. It is one of the three Knight classes, together with Archer and Saber.

Class skills:
    Magic Resistance B Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected.
    Battle Continuation A Will remain alive as long as does not receive a fatal injury. Lancer's are also quite fast but tend to have low luck.

Rider: Servants placed within this class place emphasis upon speed and powerful Noble Phantasms and their special skill is Riding, which allows them to fully utilize abilities of their mounts (ranging from simple horses, through motorcycles, to divine creatures).

Class skills:
    Magic Resistance B Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected.
    Riding A+ Creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

Saber: Servants placed within this class are agile and powerful melee warriors and it is commonly assumed to be the best class overall, with high ratings in all categories. It is one of the three Knight classes, together with Lancer and Archer, and also possesses the Riding skill like the Rider class.

Class skills:
    Magic Resistance A Cancel spells of A-Rank or below. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi.
    Riding B Most creatures can be rode with above average skill. However, cannot ride those of Demoniac Beast and Holy Beast-rank.

Master Signup sheet:

Name:
    Appearance:
    Biography:

Servant signup sheet:

Name: (you can keep this blank until your identity gets revealed. PM me the name)
    Class:
    Biography: (Keep this blank as well until its get revealed)
    Noble Phantasm: (You can also keep this blank. You don't need your enemies knowing your identity before the rp even begins.) (PM me the name though)
    Noble Phantasm rank: (E-A++)
    Noble Phantasm range: (Anti Unit, Anti-Army or Anti-Fortress)
    Strength: (E-A)
    Agility: (E-A)
    Mana: (E-A)
    Luck: (E-A)
    Endurance: (E-A)
    Unique skills: (any skill or ability the servant has)

For Servants, Leave the name,BIO and Noble Phantasm blank. PM those to me instead.

A word from GM

First off I'd like to give a BIG thanks to Crimson King who let me use his Grail War system and Kinoko Nasu who's work Fate Stay Night this is based off of.

All servant and master spots are taken at the moment but if you still desire to have a place just PM me and we will discuss it.

Also this RP is set in an alternate universe from the canon

RULES

No controlling others characters

GM's word is law

I'll be moderating and playing in this war. To make it fair since I'll know who all your servants truly and their NP's are I'll play as one of the weaker classes.

PM the GM your CS's first and once accepted post in the OC

Keep OC in the discussion

If you don't fully understand how the CS's work look at my CS's in the discussion

Any questions regarding how things work please ask the GM or if you don't mind sharing it with another normal player may I suggest the user and fighter in this war Asune

Do not control others characters

Please see these for more references if you need to. http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Servant http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Reality_Marble http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Parameters_and_Skills and http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Holy_Grail_War

No gods! Demi gods are allowed but no full blown gods

Servants must be figures from history, myth or legends.

No auto hitting

For anyone who's never seen the anime or read the novels. You do not have to play as someone from one of the original families. Your master/magus can come from wherever and be whoever you want it to be. Just as long as its original.

No whining if you lose. This is a game where people will lose same goes for me.....unless I win;)

Don't post until the first post goes up.

No godmodding (Though feel free to go haxx or crazy with your NP's just not to the most insane extents)

2. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Approved.

3. Kingtype

Day 1: Opening

Three figures stood.....while one actually sat but that was beside the point, in the church of Fuyuki City.

It was that time again. Time for the Holy Grail War which meant death, destruction and plenty of chaos was to eat up the city.

But the current conversation was not about the well being of the city but something else.

"Are we honestly going to let this man overseer the grail war!?" The first priest asked with a red face as he'd been arguing this for sometime. The second priest who looked a bit more sincere have a calm response. "None of the others at church agreed to do it due to events of the last war. He was the best person we could find to do this on such short notice."

The first priest once again shook his head. "But this man doesn't even have any faith not to mention just look at his record! Theft, assault, excused of plotting murder and excused of assisting in murder and those aren't his crimes as a magus!"

"Perhaps those things are what make him qualified to overseer the war then. He seems quite dangerous just on average as a magus he should be able to keep the others in line. Besides if things get bad to the point of last time he could always summon a Ruler."

The first priest was about to speak again but was cut off by the man both were speaking of. In fact he was the one that was sitting.......well standing now. He was an American man as opposed to Asian like the other two men. His blonde hair was cut short and his blue eyes shined in the darkness of the church.

He was in his early 30s and looked rugged from a lack of sleep. He didn't have a fat or muscular build but he did have a slightly athletic body. Mainly from years of running away from people. He was wearing simple yet offensive clothing. Blue jeans, work boots and a white Ambercrombie & Fitch T shirt that read "No Fat Chicks!" on it in English.

"Hey man don't be dissing me just because you gotta problem with how I roll." The American said. "I mean got plenty of faith. You know? I looooooooove me some Jesus!" He shouted.

The second priest sighed. "Mister Dexter I ask you not to mock out faith."

The man called Dexter nodded. "Of course I apologize....now! Where is that blood of Christ! I'm looking to get hammered before I register the idiots that entered this thing." The first priest had to forcibly restrain himself from not choking Dexter as the man started looking around the Altar for the blood of Christ.

It was only 5 AM, But Dexter wasn't one to wait when it came to booze or cigarettes. But despite the way he acted he wasn't a fool he had come to be an overseer for a reason not just to help those who's lives were in danger. But he didn't feel the need to tell that to the priest. So there he waited for the Grail War group to come and make there participation official.

...............................................................................................

Fuyuki City 5:30 AM: Warehouse

Carter was smiling as he drew the circle on the ground.

He'd been at the location he was at for since yesterday night making the preparations for his servant. The warehouse was large and musty filled with useless amounts of old junk such as crates, pipes and rusty metal tables. But he'd made it one of his many strongholds in the city. He was joining the Grail War for two reasons to surpass his already impressive accomplishments and of course for a personal reason. But now wasn't the time to dread on sad thoughts.

It was time to win the war! And the first thing he needed to do that was summon a servant. Carter Prescott wasn't a very imposing man. He was of average height and quite slim looking but he was handsome enough that he didn't need to be concerned about his looks and he was a sharp dresser.

As he wore a black expensive looking 3 piece suit. He knew what the Grail War was and entering it willingly a battle royal between several magus (including himself and their servants which were normally epic heroes from ages ago). Winning team would get their wish granted.

But Carter had made sure to prepare smartly and was summoning the weakest servant but it was also the servant that most suited him, Assassin.

A smile spread over the magus's face as he ran his hand through his dark brown hair. "Ladies and gentleman let the show begin!" He shouted as tribute to his time in the circus and started the summoning.

The circle began to glow red and shadowy figure appeared. Even the summoning was leaving a bad taste in Carter's mouth and in his soul. Once the lights died down a man.....no just a human like figure stood in the circle.

His black cloak covered him completely. But there didn't seem to be a realistic person under the robe itself it was quit ominous. Carter wasn't blown back by the summoning as Assassin was not a very hard or powerful servant to summon. But what had Carter in odd was the pure fear he felt from this creature standing before him and this sort of danger the magus smiled.

The hood figure didn't even bother to look at Carter as it spoke.

In fact it didn't even have a voice to speak with but instead talked with its mind. I ask you, are you my master.........?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  4. Crimson_King

Crimson_King New Member

The soldier stood, arm stretched out, holding an ancient leather bound tome. The pages were yellow with age, and brittle as glass. The book was opened to a specific page, one written in a long dead language. Magecraft grew more powerful with age, and there was no older language than this. Unfortunately, that made translating the book a pain. It took Terevix Kassad three months just to find the correct translation for the text written on the page. It took another two months to learn the correct pronunciation for the words. The words had to exact. There was no room for error. Even the slightest mispronunciation, the slightest accent, would cause the spell to fail.

In front of Kassad was a circle carved into the stone floor. In the center of the floor was an ancient sword. Despite its age, the sword looked as though it was forged yesterday. The circle was carved to a specific size, made optimum for summoning. The sword was the best catalyst Kassad could find. If he managed the summon correctly, he would be able to summon a truly powerful heroic Spirit. Opening his mouth, Kassad began speaking the long dead language, made flawless due to hours of practice.

A faint blue glow filled the room. the summoning circle flared to life, outlining the runes carved into the ground. The sword gave off a golden light, mixing with the blue glow of the runes. As Kassad continued speaking, the glow of the circle grew brighter. Prana filled the small room. Discharges of energy blasted apart a nearby chair. A gale blew stacks of paper into the air. Something was wrong. The spell was drawing into far too much power, even for the heroic Spirit Kassad was aiming for. It was too late to stop though. Stopping would mean a complete waste of effort put into this war. No, the only option was to continue. Kassad continued speaking, ignoring the discharges of power. It was almost over anyways. then, with a final word, the spell finished. The summoning circle gave off a brief flash of blinding light as it absorbed the prana in the room. Kassad shielded his eyes from the brightness. When he opened his eyes, he saw the figure standing in front of him.
    Standing in front of Kassad was a figure wearing ancient clothing. Although the style looked complicated and rich, Kassad could see the clothes were a fairly simple designed that maximized freedom of movement. A straight sword hung at the figure's side. Long hair flowed from the figure's head. The heroic Spirit stood tall, eyes closed. The Heroic Spirit's eyes suddenly opened, taking in the surrounding area. Spotting Kassad, the Heroic Spirit kneeled in front of him, only say one thing.

"Greeting my master. I am your servant Saber. Your orders are my command"

5. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Travis Walken enters into the war

"Hahahahah... that was a good entertainment..."
    A man laughed in front of what seemed to be the corpse of a dead man..
    "Fiuuuu, that was a close one.... damn!!! I was sure that I as lost this time... But well I'm surprised even by myself..."
    After those words, the alien went to sleep once again...

"A powerful mage of a powerful lineage, one of the three families no?. So you were going to fight the Holy Grail War with that thing you call servant right?" the man mocked at the dead corpse while poking him with an stick...

"Funny no?... I decided to enter into the war too!!! It was a challenge... A challenge fitting for me, the great Travis Walken!!! the challenger of fate, the one who defies magic itself, hahahahahaha...."

He then took the severed arm of the dead master and continued to speak...

"But hey... you know what?... It would had ruin the challenge if I were to had summoned a servant in the traditional way... How to add more challenge then?...there were many options. I considered to enter without a servant... however I wouldn't be an official participant, and that would had ruined the idea... Hence I had to become a participant in a more challenging risky way... Guess what... Killing a very powerful magus that entered as a master!!!..."

The man cheered himself while dancing around the corpse of the magus....

"Of course I studied the participants before hand... And you seemed the more powerful, in other words, the true merit was to kill you and steal your command seals... Rider, no?. Excelent choice for someone like me..."

The man then signed with his left hand, and two buddies of him showed..

"What is it Travis?" asked one who seemed to be a short american guy

"You know!!, use your trick... transplant those seals on me... 'k?". Replied Travis clearly excited.

"... It will be painful you know?..." said the man

"No care, go for it!!, the pain, means another challenge for me to withstand..."

"If you say so..."

And then the short man transplanted the command seals upon Travis.... who know was the official master of Rider....

Not even with that the man was satisfied...
    He raised one finger of his left hand and aimed at the corpse
    Inmediatly the corpse ignited into bright flames, neither red, yellow or blue, but totally white
    After that the corpse morphed into ashes... however said ashes were different... they could be used for several things...

And what did the man do with the ashes?

He wrote a message
    He wrote a message on the floor, even a secluded area that no one visits, still he was sure someone would notice the message

...I Travis Walken had killed the magus that hid here, and entered into the war on his place...

He clearly revealed his identity... that was part of the challenge
    He was about to write Rider's indentity, when his own thoughts stopped him...
    Sure it would be funny to go and augment the challenge revealing his servant identity....
    But that would ruin the idea of the war, for others to burn their heads trying to disclose him...

The man laughed and left the place with his buddies

The wish of the Holy grail was meaningless.... this war was a challenge, and that was enough for him.

6. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Black Night Goes Blank

A shadow flickered in the lamplight as a young girl bolted down an alleyway, the laughter of her pursuers not far off.

"Heheheh . . . come here little girl! We don't wanna hurt ye . . . much."
    "Yeah . . . come here little'un. We just want o have some fun."

Gasping for breath, heart hammering in her throat, the child turned a sharp corner and ducked behind a trash can, pressing her back into the corner and trying to make herself as small as possible. Footsteps hammered over the cobblestone, and then three young men rounded the corner. All were clearly drunk as the first one leered and stumbled forwards into the flickering light of the lamp, his head swinging from side to side like a snake as he sought his prey.

"Where are ye- there she is!" he exclaimed, pointing. The girl gasped and bolted, but there was nowhere to go she realized. The other end of the alley was a dead end. Her eyes grew huge and her face paled, her thin frame trembling like a cornered rabbit.

The men laughed, hemming her in.

"There's nowhere tae go now . . ." Then the light went out. The men looked up sharply, backing up until they were in a tight group as the girl shrank back, whimpering.

The shadows grew, darkening and swallowing them up. At the end of the alley behind them, one of the men yelped as he spotted something white hovering several feet off of the ground, weaving from side to side like a dandelion in the breeze. "D-Demon!"

The mask showed no expression. It couldn't. It had no features other than its circular shape and pale illuminecense as it swayed too and fro, as regular as a clock.

The girl shivered and covered her head with her arms, curling up in a tight ball and crying for someone to save her. The shadow turned its head in her direction, then looked back at the men. A pale hand rose up beside the mask and seemed to snatch something out of mid-air, and the girl screamed as a huge, black hand came out of the wall and scooped her up, then she vanished into the wall and in that same second appeared safely at the end of the alleyway. White as a ghost and shaking, she stumbled away and looked back, confused. The pale hand waved her off, and she fled.

Then the mask turned back towards the three men, who were now terrified.

"Demon demon demon!" one moaned, clutching at the second. The third, however, pointed at the shadow and spoke in an accusatory tone:

"Get lost! Why did ye ruin' our fun eh?"

The shadow just watched them, then it slowly sank back into the floor and vanished.

The light went back on, and the two men fainted outright while the third laughed.

But it was choked off by a gurgle and crimson spattered the wall nearby as his body dropped heavily to the ground. A slim, onyx dagger poked out of his windpipe, and then it disintegrated, leaving nothing left of its passage other than a single corpse.

Blood by Bane, Blood by life,
    Sword by train, sword by strife.
    I awaken thee, destroyer of cities,
    hunter of beasts, I unlock with bloody keys. . .

7. Crimson_King

Crimson_King New Member

Kassad looked at the Servant before him, silently cursing. Not even five minutes into the war and he's already screwed up. He may have to rely on his own powers for this war. Still, if this Servant was summoned, Saber must hold at least some power. And judging by the appearance of the figure, Kassad would never have guessed this person was a powerful warrior. Maybe he could send Saber out to do some recon work.He can worry about it later though, Now they needed to prepare for war. Standing around all day was asking to be killed. Clearing his throat, Kassad answered the still kneeling servant.

"Greetings Saber, I am Terevix Kassad. I'll be honest right now and say that you were not who I wanted to summon. Still, tell me your name. Maybe I'll recognize it." Kassad said, gesturing for Saber to rise.

"I apologize for not meeting your expectations. As for my name, it is -------" Saber said, getting up from the kneeling position.

Kassad blinked. He has heard of that name in his research. Maybe this war would turn out fine after all. But first, they needed to set up. It was fortunate he had chosen the location for the summoning well.

"Right then. First, we'll go meet the mediator for the war. Then we'll come back here. I have some contacts I'll need to call to help with some info gathering. You can probably help too once you get some clothes that fit this era."

Turning, Kassad headed out the door, making his way to the church. Saber silently followed.

8. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

A few days before most of the summons

It was late in the night, there was no one in sight. The light of the moon seemed to bright up the entire sky. It was silent, nothing could be heard except for the sound of the wind flowing through the air. Also the sound of light taps hitting the ground,, of the animals in the forest.

There was a field, a big circular field. The light of the moon seemed to shine down onto the light green grass. In the night, the light of the moon reflected off the damp grass and caused the ground to shimmer. It was as if the field, that was surrounded by woods such as an island surrounded by water, was the ocean. The field was reflecting the moon's light as the ocean reflects the light of the stars.

Suddenly , the taps of the forest roamers had been speed up. The multiple of taps on the ground, and the fact the noise was coming from all angels implied that commotion had just been caused. The noises stopped again, but then one manifested once more. It was the constant taps of feet walking towards the middle of the field.

It was a man, he had dark hair that matched the nothingness that could be seen outside the field. His eyes seemed to light up as if they were a fresh campfire. They were colored red and orange. This man tucked a black hunting knife back into a hilt that was wrapped around his waist. His high collar black sweat jacket kept him warm in the night. In his hands, which were bare, was a dead rabbit. The neck of the rabbit had appeared to be slit.

Once he finally arrived at the middle of the field, he began to think out loud. "Carving into the ground would have been inconvenient. This'll do." he finished as if he was trying to verify something to himself. He began to pour the blood of the dead animal into a circle that had certain designs inside.

He dug his pale and now bloody hands into the left pocket of his tight, black, silk, sweat pants. He swiftly pulled out a folded piece of paper. He opened it up slowly, and begun to read it.

Κόρη του ο ίδιος, δίνει δύναμη σε σένα
    Ας συμπλέκονται σαν μια αλυσίδα, και να χρησιμοποιούν ο ένας τον άλλο για να κερδίσουν
    Για την καταπολέμηση της, για να πατάξει
    Σηκώστε τα όπλα μας και σκοτώνουν, και το έργο των δεξιοτήτων του άλλου
    Ψυχή στην ψυχή, και αφήστε αυτό το λόγο είναι μια διοδίων
    Για μένα το να εξοφλήσει αυτό το εμπόριο, και να αφήσει μια ομάδα να γίνει
    Συνδυάστε τη δύναμή μας, και ας αγωνιστούμε μαζί στην τελική ώρα μας

He read out in a deep voice that seemed to quite the noises of the night.

The circle of blood on the ground began to glow red and suddenly someone appeared in it.

It was a caucasian women. 6’2 feet tall. She had brown eyes that look pure and shine and light brown hair that is in braids down until the tips which are tied in two beads which leave the hair natural on the ends. Her lips are luscious and her nose is just the right size. Her beauty is breath taking, nothing on her body it too broad and she wears elegant curves and her C-sized breasts match her figure perfectly. Her skin looks as smooth as silk and shines like her eyes. She wears golden armor this includes a golden breastplate over top of a red shirt and skirt. Her lance has a holder that is tied to her back, though the end of the lance is always in the open seeing as it would pierce through the bag. She has a hilt tied around her waist which holds her black axe. She had brown leather shoes that tie up to her knees and are attached to leg armor that reaches from her toes to her knees. On her elegant and smooth shoulders, she bares two golden shoulder pads, and down her arms, from her wrists to halfway to her elbows, golden bracers are attached. Finally over top her head, laying upon her cotton soft hair is a golden helmet that had a red mane. The part of the mane attached to the helmet via a golden eagle.

"Are you my master?" she asked in a voice that seemed to be filled with disappointment rather than curiosity.

"Yes I am. You can call me Keme. Keme, Howahkan. We have a few days in advanced compared to the others, let's train a bit, and come to each other's terms. Then make our way to Fuyuki City." he stated.

She gave him a scowl, but then shook her head.

9. Kingtype

Carter and Assassin

After Carter had recovered from his brief shock he nodded to Assassin.

"Yes good sir I am your master."

Our contract is now complete. Assassin said in that same mental voice that sent chills down Carter's spine. Though the magus didn't let it show. But the red command seals did appear on his hand as he could see the glow as they came in under his glove.

Assassin looked out the musty window of the warehouse as it saw light shine through. Carter couldn't tell but it looked like Assassin was laughing under that cloak of his.

How ironic it is that you'd summon me in the day time. Assassin said he moved across the floor well more like floated. Carter heard no sound of feet as his servant walked up to him. Carter wasn't surprised he was taller then Assassin by a good deal in fact it looked like Assassin was hunched over.

Carter let out a friendly whistle. He wasn't one to dwell on looking at pointless things like physical features. "Ah well its good to have you here Assassin. Can I get you anything wine?, steak?" Carter looked around on the floor of their location. "Dust?"

Children? Assassin asked

Carter raised an eyebrow. That was certainly was a response but Carter didn't exactly find it surprising. He wouldn't allow himself to be surprised until he found out his servant's identity. "I'm afraid we don't have any of those here.....but tell Mister Assassin what is your true name.

??????? or ?????? I have many of them Assassin responded as he went into spirit form.

Carter was not surprised. Not by the comment that had been said but by his servant's identity. "You're real? That's amazing!." He said clapping his gloved hands together. "I didn't expect you'd be summoned in Assassin class." Carter was hiding his more true thoughts. Which were basically 'I need to watch out for this guy.'

Actually its not that amazing. I'm existing therefore it stopped being amazing the moment I came into this world..........

Carter chuckled as he pick up his top hat from off the ground and put on a black cape that had been hanging off one of the tables. "Yes but you see its amazing to me Mister Assassin. I didn't expect to be with someone as famous as yourself, not come we must go see this overseer."

10. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Serena (Lyric) Asher

"Mommy and Daddy outta be proud." Her words were crisp in the morning air as she flicked her bangs out of her eyes. Studying her nearly dry summon circle, a playful smirk was on her lips. Lime green sorely stood out on the alley pavement, the cheapest paint she could find.

Well she had to save her money for a quick drink, she'd need it. To think, she had actually chosen to participate in the War. Something her parents would've wanted. But Serena, formally known as Lyric, would never turn down some risky fun. Besides, it wasn't like she was being forced to, it was her decision, which made it all the more better. And promise of a reward didn't sound too bad.

Serena did a few voice warm-ups while she cast a glance over her shoulder, making sure all was clear at her favorite little alley in the slums. She hadn't felt like being extravagant, no reason to use anymore effort than she'd need.

Walking around the circle, Serena began a wordless tune as her heels clicked softly. The sounds echoed off the walls and there was a stillness in the alley, almost peaceful. Her voice fell up and down, swaying with her movements. After three rotations, she stopped and raised her hands. Clearing her throat, her brown eyes lifted to the sliver of white sky and she started a summoning song, custom made for her Archer.

"More death
    No regrets
    More lies
    No one forgets
    Life has no meaning
    In this game that they play
    They say we have no voice,
    But there is much to say.

Lift up your battle-cry in the night
    That we may see,
    Your beauty and might.

Honor and integrity,
    Strength and power,
    Wisdom and courage,
    But no mercy,
    No grace,
    No second-chance in place.

Let your voice be heard,
    Let it be known,
    As one to be shown.
    Lift it up,
    Let it sing,
    To bring
    the Victory."

The ground rumbled beneath her feet as the circle glowed to life, casting shifting green shadows on the walls. A sudden light blinded her vision for a moment and she stumbled, not expecting the extremity of power.

As calm settled again in the alley, Serena raised her head to an armored figure staring her right in the face. Beneath the metal helmet were the stern, dark eyes of a woman. A bow was in her right hand, along with a shaft of arrows on her shoulder.

"I assume you are my Master?" The Archer said. She spoke good English, but still an accent lingered.

Serena crossed her arms and gave a firm nod. "Yep, that I am."

The Archer bowed deeply, her knee nearly touching the pavement. "It is my great honor to be in your service."

11. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

The Architect-
    Part 1: Foundation

He stood in an abandoned warehouse at the edge of town. Empty crates and rusted remnants of machinery surrounded him. He was a tall man, with a long black coat on. His wavy brown hair framed his olive complexion and fierce hawk like features. Slowly, he took off his coat and cast it aside, then unbuttoned his shirt and pulled it off, revealing a large tattoo of a hawk on his back, wingtips stretching from shoulder to shoulder, the head reaching up his neck. His torso was toned and scared, showing the many dangers he had survived, and surpassed.

He bowed his head for a moment, then held out his hands toward the concrete foundation of the warehouse.

This had to work, he had come here just for this. Everything he had done up to now would pale in comparison if he could pull this off. He would be the greatest assassin in history. People would remember him, long after he had passed on.

But in order to make that happen, he needed to win the grail war first, and to do that, he needed a servant.

As he held out his hands, the concrete cracked at his feet. The cracks spread, forming an array. Seven points, one for each servant. He wanted a rider, and was prepared.

There is that story of the golden bit
    By Goddess given to tame the lightning steed:
    A mortal who could mount, and sit
    Flying, and up Olympus midway speed.

He rose like the loosed fountain's utmost leap;
    He played the star at span of heaven right o'er
    Men's heads: they saw the snowy steep,
    Saw the winged shoulders: him they saw not more.

He intoned. Certain that he would meet with success. Bellerephon, the mightiest of warriors who slew the chimera while riding the mighty steed Pegasus would be his servant.

But, as he summoned, there was a shift. He felt it, and his stomach dropped. Rider had already been summoned. But it was too late now, he couldn't stop the summoning without destroying himself. But, God only knows what was going to come out of that circle.

Pouring everything he had into the summoning, praying that whatever came out was powerful, he carried on. Energy swirling around him, the glass windows of the warehouse, fifteen feet up shattered, sending glass flying everywhere. Still though, he carried on.

He was the Architect, he could make this work still, he had to!

There was another crack, an eighth point appeared in his circle, and suddenly all the power coursing through the air cascaded into the center of the circle, and there was fire. He was blasted back and felt a sharp clack as his skull impacted with a wall.

-------

"Rise little master," a faint voice said through the haze. "You can't be dead yet, the war has barely begun."

Flitting his eyes open, he stared up at what he had summoned, and was in awe.

12. Juju Bagdasarian

Juju Bagdasarian Member

The night was cold for Danube who lost his chance to summon a heroic spirit and had to sacrifice the only cloak that kept him warm at night during his travel his master would sure get angry if he found out about his incompetence. He slept on bench near the park where he tried to do the summoning,there werent any people around so it seemed like a nice place for him to take his beauty sleep.
    He was used sleeping in strange places like bentches.floors and beaches he was so used to them that he would often sleep on the floor of his room and not his actual bed. He felt something poking his back relentlesly,it was to much of an effort to open his eyes but the light of the sun fell on his eyes making him to'please go away i am not feeling well and all night i could hear sirens from almost everything what a noisy town' the poking didnt stop which in the end made him turn around and look at the person responsible.
    there were two round brown eyes staring at him an opened mouth with its toung outside breathing on his face, he wasnt prepared for that and on his panic he hit his head on the back of the bench '' aoutsss ' the dog kept staring at him and breathing heavly ' didnt i sent you away yesterday why are you here again ' the brown wolflike dog barked twice, Danube didnt know what he said but he interpreted it as saying 'screw you i do whatever i want, is that the thank you i get after licking your face to wake you up last night' it was awfully long for just two plain barks but it also felt right to him '' hahaha okay dont get mad just let me eat something. Danube took out of his backpack a bottle with a special potion made from his master it contained several ingredient that he didnt know about and frankly he didnt want to know because he wouldnt want to drink eat again, the potion is made to keep a good and stable nutrition without having to injest food every 4 to 5 hours a simple zip of it would last him for a day without food. the dog looked at him curiously, 'you want some ? well you can't have it beacause god knows what this thing is made of lets go buy something normal for you to eat' he got up from his bed bench and patted the dog on his head ' i will call you Parthenon' the dog barked again but this time only once Danube smiled ' but after you eat we are going to find some masters to kill or work for ohh and thank for last night i forgot to say that ''

13. TheLeonard112

Keme slowly walked to the centeral of his town in broad daylight. Everyone around him was curious, yet he walked down the street as if completely inconspicuous.

Walking slowly, through town, foot before foot, slowly and gradually walking towards the train station. He rubbed his neck with his hand. After removing it, appeared he has a scar on his neck that was note existent before the night a few days ago. He thought back to it, wondering whether it would be more of a pain than a pleasure, whether he won or not. "What have I gotten myself into?" he asked himself out loud.

Arriving at the train station he went behind a door, no one could see him. After he came from behind that door, no one was looking at him anymore. He was completely normal to everyone else, for some reason they didn't stare at them as they had before.

He walked up to the person who collected ticket money and said, "Hello there, Jeffery." The money collector smiled at the man and said, "Hello Mr.Cemore Where are you going this time?" Keme looked at Jeffery and said, "Good ole' Fuyuki City. Just charge my card." said Keme handing Jeffery a silver card. Jeffery looked at him confused. "Why?" he asked. "Family reunion." responded Keme. "Of course. Well good day to you." said the collector of ticket money. Keme smiled then boarded the train after he took the card back after being charged for a ticket. It was about to take off then a brown haired man approached the collector of ticket money. "Hey Jeffery! I need a favor! My credit card has been stolen!" said the man. "Mr.Cemore? Didn't you just?" asked Jeffery confused. The train than began to take off, and being held up by the money collector, Mr.Cemore was not able to get on. Keme smiled out the window at the two.

14. Crimson_King

Crimson_King New Member

A man and a Servant approached the church.

Kassad headed for the church with haste. The sooner he met with the mediator, the sooner he can start the war. The servant beside him walked along side him at the same pace, a large cloak covering the Heroic Spirit's appearance. If they were ambushed, Kassad would hold at least some element of surprise. The enemy would not know what his Servant's appearance would be. They wouldn't even know the class, for the large cloak held the minor power of hiding the wearer's class. Of course, once battle started, the cloak would be useless. It would still be an advantage though.

It was a short walk to the church. Kassad had set up shop nearby. This would help Kassad identify any Masters passing by on their way to the church.

Kassad walked up to the church and opened the doors. Saber followed up behind him.

"I am Terevix Kassad. I am here to enter the Holy Grail War."

15. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Blank and Beserker

The ground rumbled, then caved in as a huge form rose up out of the earth, and the shadow flickered, resisting some emotion that could not be seen on its empty mask.

Eyes opened, staring out from beneath a plumed helm, and a blood-red cape flowed off of massive shoulders as the Servant brought himself up to his full height; towering over the shadow like an elephant to a mouse.

"This is what dog summons me?" the man spat, but the shadow remained steadfast, even as the barbarian pointed his spear at him and roared, the sound making the earth tremble beneath their feet. Slowly, the shadow nodded once, watching him. The man's lip curled beneath the helm in distaste, but then something flickered across his gaze and he knelt staring at the shadow's "face".

"I give only my allegiance to those who I can see eye-to-eye with, pup. Reveal yourself or i shall leave!"

The shadow stepped back, shaking its head rapidly, pale hands coming up when the other grunted and reached forward with a burly arm.

Even though it passed through harmlessly, the shadow quivered, crouching and shaking violently. Beneath the helm, the man's face split into a grin, and he burst out laughing.

"Ah! So that's why ye summoned me! Little pup wants to be stronger eh? Little pup wants to no' be a coward!"

The shadow stiffened, quivering with rage this time, but said nothing. It would only speak when it absolutely had to. The man chuckled and stood up, nodding.

"Well, let us be off." he said, boots making huge booming noises as he headed towards the church. The shadow flickered, then slithered across the ground and merged with the Servant's shadow. Hidden, and nearly invisible.

16. TheLeonard112

In the middle of the long train ride, most people had fallen asleep. He walked into the bathroom of the train. There was one young kid who was awake on the part of the train he inhabited. The little kid watched him walk into the bathroom. Once Keme walked back out, the young child's eyes grew wide and he begun to shake his mom's arm.

As Keme sat down in his set and relaxed, the kids tried desperately to wake up his mother. "Mommy, Mommy!" he said consistently. "What is it?" his mother said in a low voice sounding as if she had strained her voice. "That man changed into another man." said the boy pointing at Keme. Immediately as the mother turned her head slowly, Keme began to mock sleep. The mother looked back at her child with an exasperated look on her face, it swiftly turned into a face of exhaustion. "Probably just a night mare." said the mother to her son, comfortably placing a hand on top of his head. He closed his eyes and stared at the the orange and red sunset on the tip of the world. He looked past the tall mountains, seeing the crimson light glowing in the background. It looked beautiful when it laid behind green mountains and in front of a indigo sky.

A day later

After shopping for a multiples of his signature outfit, he rented out a hotel room. Eventually the credit card was canceled, so he had to use cash, but none the less he had enough clothes bought for weeks. He liked Fuyuki City, maybe not for the people but the scenery was nice.

He walked out of the hotel and made his way to the church. He wasn't much of a religious person himself, though this was a War, not Church. He walked through the doors of the church, his black outfit standing out from all the bright colored architecture.

17. Pheonix

The Architect Aka Jason Hart

"I didn't think this was possible..." he said, looking up at the servant he'd summoned. "I was too late, I shouldn't have been able to summon a servant... What class are you? And who are you?" The Architect asked.

The majestic servant lowered a hand and helped Jason rise to his feet after the blast knocked him down. "I am -------" he said, his voice rumbling like thunder. "My class is Champion and I will serve you as long as your cause is just."

Still somewhat dazed, Jason looked up at Champion. "You certainly seem to live up to your name. It is an honor to have summoned you." Internally he cursed. A Special Class, an extra servant unique to the war, and not only that, but he was honorable too. Not something that Jason was exactly happy about. But still, with such a powerful servant, and with his own power, he stood a very real chance of winning this war, and making a name for himself in the process.

Looking at his wrist, for the first time he noticed the command seals arrayed there. Three commands, he might have to use them too.

The Champion looked around at the abandoned warehouse. "It seems that this war has yet to begin in earnest. It would be wise to find the lay of the land and identify as many of the other masters as we can before the fighting begins, do you not think?" he asked.

"Indeed," Jason replied, taken aback at the boldness of the servant. He could tell right away that he was not one that would simply sit to the side and be given orders. "This warehouse will serve well as a base. It's on the outskirts of town, and isolated."

The Champion nodded his formidable head. "Directly to business, I approve. Do not forget either that due to the nature of my summoning, we have an advantage in this war. No one will be expecting us."

Jason hadn't thought of that.

"The longer my existence can be concealed," The Champion continued, "The better it will be. The element of surprise is a powerful tool." Jason was definitely beginning to like this servant. He was already living up to his legend.

"I think that we will get along wonderfully together, Champion."

18. Kingtype

Kassad's words went unheard as no priest or anybody at was in the church.

It was a ghost zone.

But as Kassad's back was turned as he entered the church another master approached. It was Carter top hat, cape and all his concealment magic pretty much left him undetected as he entered behind Kassad but he quickly made himself known. Assassin was present as well but in spirit form.

"Hello good sir! Come for the grail war?" He asked as it was a common looking around for a priest. "I can't imagine you know where the overseer is?" Carter wasn't the sort that let conversing with the enemy or strangers bother him. If anything it excited him for the sport. Oh how he loved the sport!

19. Crimson_King

Crimson_King New Member

Kassad turned to Carter and smiled.

"Yes, I was hoping to meet with the mediator before the war began." Kassad said.

Extending a hand, Kassad introduced himself.

"I am... Fedmahn Kassad, a Master in this war. Whom do I have the pleasure of speaking to?"

Beside him, Saber stood motionless.

20. Kingtype

Carter shook his hand and oddly enough Carter's hand came off.

It was one of those practical joke plastic arms.

Carter slipped his real hand out of his sleeve and have a bow. He was always one for practical jokes.....or would it be plastical jokes. He pondered this for a moment before answering Kassad.

"I am Carter Prescott. I am a master in this war as well and also future winner." He said laughing madly and looking once again for the mediator. "That is if the overseer ever shows up."

21. Crimson_King

Crimson_King New Member

Kassad chuckled at the joke. It has been far too long since he had relaxed. The only arms that came off in the last 30 years usually were dripping with blood.

"You have confidence. I like that in a person. It makes you stand out as a leader. Perhaps we will face each other in combat later in the war. I would enjoy fighting you."

Kassad looked around, but saw only Carter and Saber.

"I'm guessing your Servant is one of those sneaky types. No Master would walk around without his Servant after all."

22. TheLeonard112

As Keme swung the doors upon, he saw two other gentlemen. He didn't bother to interrupt their conversation, but he did look at one of there servants.

He stood there in awe, as if he had never met one. Though, seeing these things even on the fifth time for some could be considered surprising. He got himself back into focus and continued towards them.

As he stopped once again about three feet away from them, his Lancer seamlessly appeared out of thin air.

"Hello, my name is Keme Howahkan. Is this the gathering for the War?" he asked in his deep voice, sitting one the wooden seats in the row, like at every church. His lancer gave him a look and then looked away, they had grown an understanding of each other, and they knew what they both were there for.

23. Kingtype

"My servant is nothing but upfront about his actions." Carter replied. "You know.....he's just sort of prone to stabbing people in the back is all."

"Hello, my name is Keme Howahkan. Is this the gathering for the War?"

"Well nice to meet you to good sir and lady. I'm Carter and this is Kassad we will be your enemies this Grail War." He responded calmly as he looked at Lancer. He wasn't one to let servants scare him mainly due to the fact he had various escape plans in case he was over in danger from one.

Carter wondered why these men would show their servants it was bad strategy to him. He leaned down and picked up his toy arm as he kept waiting for the overseer.

24. Crimson_King

Crimson_King New Member

"Ah, so he is Assassin then. Quite a powerful Servant you got yourself. I always thought Assassin was the most versatile Servant out of all of them."

Kassad turned to the new pair and extended his hand.

"Welcome, I am Fedmahn Kassad. I hope to meet you in combat."

25. Pheonix

Jason

He left Champion in the warehouse and ventured out alone to get the lay of the land. He decided to make for the church first, since it was the usual neutral ground of the war. And sure enough, as he drew close, his felt a pressure in his command seals. There was a concentration of energy at the church. At least two masters.

He muttered something under his breath, and was suddenly concealed in a pocket of space. Nothing could see him, or touch him while he was inside it. But he could see out, though he couldn't attack. Moving forward, he saw them. Three men, and two servants.

Fools, far to early to show their servants in his opinion. They were standing speaking amiably with each other, and to Jason, it seemed... off.

But, then he realized that it might be a magnificent opportunity to learn something about the other masters. And, his servant was different from the others, he might be able to pass himself off as a simple spectator from the magical community. He stepped around a corner, so that his sudden appearance wouldn't be noticed, then released the spell. Then stepping out, he walked up to the group.

"I haven't seen this many people in a church since Christmas," he said, walking up to them.