1. jdearman777

jdearman777 New Member

Animated screenplay - The Sky's the Limit (need help with plot)

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by jdearman777, Jun 5, 2017.

Would like some input on the plot for this one. Its called THE SKY'S THE LIMIT and the premise is what if the dinosaurs had been smart enough to stop the doomsday asteroid 65 million years ago, and it was up to one nerdy kid, son of the Chiftan, whom no one believed in, to stop the asteroid from colliding with Earth and ending civilziation as they know it.

THE SKY'S THE LIMIT

PLOT As I have it so far: (feedback and input/suggestions welcome)

DINOS VS DRAGONS

In an alternate "doomsday" scenario, What if the dinosaurs were actually intelligent enough to save the Earth from the killer asteroid, and what if it were up to one kid who no one believes in to stop it?

Zack Iron-Claw (ZACK IRONCLAW) ---son of the Chieftan The kid uncovers that someone is behind the asteroid and you'll never guess who Dino Race..... vs Lizard Reptile shape-hsifter race. mainly draconian ruling class//Semi-intelligent space-faring race

A dragon prince is born who looks more like a dinosaur by a magic spell. To avoid humiliation and tarnish the family name. Father has a wizard who knows dark magic change the prince into a dinosaur and sends him like moses in a time capsule to a neighboring enemy planet.

Lands near the royal gardens like moses in a river. QUINEEN ZINNA finds him. Sees the crash
    finds the "dino" adopts him. (the dino from space.) She thinks he's going to grow up to be a T-rex

The young dinosaur (Draconian Prince) grows up in the palace of the Dino-Queen
    XINNA Raised by PRINCESS NIRA /// Royal Servant - Isabella (IZZY)

As he ages he begins to develop feelings for princess NIRA they develop a relationship but another t-rex

SARTU - Captain the guard wants NIRA for himself and is
    suspicious of the T-Rex who "Fell from the sky." like a meteor of doom.

What they dont know is the future heir is actually their enemy. T-rex SARTU is suspicious of the medallion around his neck. Matches the shape/contrail of the object coming toward the planet.

Kid grows up loving science - space rockets. engineering , tech -The dino society has little to no space travel
    It is forbidden. it is banned - but they are "working on it." for military purposes against the dragons.
    he loves model rockets against the law code of no or little tech -To prevent war

Thye tried tech once, but like human kind it nearly destroyed the planet
    the (DRAGONS) their enemy - have hi tech embrace tech DINOS (BAN TECH) (EARTH)

ADOPTED PRINCE - (DINO) who is actually a Dragon ---KING/QUEEN never had a heir - son
    Adopts him but keeps it secret, only known to Sartu Capt. of the guard and the king/Queen that he fell from the sky. Kid likes to explore , make model rockets in secret loves science has an adventurous mind
    His STEP DAD - the KING - Bans ZACK IRONCLAW from making rockets evil villain and antagonist - villain wants the throne a Senator -(LORD KOSMOS ORION) wants the throne dreams of developing space travel young dino prince (dragon) sees him as a mentor wonders what is out there?

Only top military govt officials actually know about the wall /barrier that has been erected to keep out the dragons Rest of society it has been wiped, erased, so civilians born today will never know of the great dragon-dino wars. An alternate history has been written/created within the scriptures and scrolls to cover it up which the sheeple populace has come to believe. So no one knows about war or the dragons

Kid (ZACK IRONCLAW ) is ostracized in public for his "Silly" inventions , "Silly" ideas and "Silly" Dreams.
    ZACK is always coming up with experiments and ideas, big invention ideas Infuriates his step dad. - the emperor who wants to uphold tradition and no one uncover the cover-up

SENATOR KOSMOS ORION wants to use him to develop stuff and (weapons) and throw him under the bus (robot army) (The villain) (Senator) (Royal Advisor to the emperor) LORD ORION knows about the coming Asteroid but wants to use the kids talents and take credit for saving the world himself.
    he INTENTIONALLY DIVERTS THE ASTEROID TOWARD THE PLANET using a device the kid made.
    (DARK ENERGY DEVICE)

(DOOMSDAY ASTEROID COMES) Kid is the only one who can stop it with a new rocket
    (ONLY ONE WHO CAN FLY A REAL ROCKET) BECoMES A HERO
    PROBLEM FOR THE PRINCE AS THE COMET NEARS IT INTERACTS WITH THE DARK MTTER ENERGY HIS SPELL WEARS OFF THAT HAD MADE HIM A DINOSAUR ALL HIS LIFE
    AND HE FLICKERS INTO A DRAGON Villain sees this realizes he is a dragon

SUBPLOT:

ABIGAIL - DAUGHTER OF THE VILLAIN BOY MEETS GIRL ABIGAIL - DAUGHTER OF THE VILLAIN ((SENATOR KOSMOS ORION'S DAUGHTER) Is she really his friend or not?

BOY DISCOVERS COMET BECOMES A RESPECTED ASTROPHYSIST ///DRAGONS - DINOS LEARN TO LIVE TOGETHER AND USE TECH FOR GOOD PURPOSES VILLAIN IS SENT TO PRISON SPACE STATION MINING COLONY CALLED YIXNAK IV.

Thoughts, suggestions?? on story/plot, changes?
    I'm open to ideas.

Arktaurous34 likes this.
  2. Arktaurous34

Arktaurous34 Active Member

Hi @jdearman777. It looks like you have your plot mapped out. What specific help did you require? As an animated screenplay it could be great depending on how you put it together.Your concept seems pretty solid.

Personally I tend to steer away from stories about dragons because part of the reason I am drawn to them is their unfathomable secrets. They are more attractive to me when they are rare and mysterious but that is just a personal preference. When someone attributes finite characteristics to them they loose their magic for me. To be honest, super smart dinosaurs don't appeal to me at first glance but don't let that discourage you! I have been hooked by many great storytellers despite my misgivings about their content. At any rate, I wish you the very best with your screenplay :)

3. amerrigan

amerrigan Active Member

Well, it's a mess. It has the feeling of a copy/pasted brainstorming session. I can't understand much of it, and the capital letters really hurt to read, and the typos.

Maybe you can start working at putting the events that occur in the story into categories of 'this is what happens in Act 1' then Act 2, and Act 3. Things will start to clear up a bit.

I have no input on your story idea at this point.