Anime

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Writer Ray, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Let's revive this topic :)
    Ghost in the Shell is definitely on top of my list. Clever plot, many little things that make it enjoyable. A women as a hero.
    The Mysterious Cities of Gold
    The Adventures of Tom Sawyer - it extended the magic of the book so perfectly. I still have chills thinking about Joe the Indian.
    Death note
    The Girl who leapt through time. (Movie).
    Origin: Spirits of the Past
    Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
    Code Geass

2. Reece

Reece Senior Member

I've really been enjoying Kimetsu no Yaiba this season. This was a good season for me, new One Punch, third Bungou Stray Dogs. I've been digging Fruits Basket too. I'm stoked for the next season of Shokugeki no Soma to come out this fall.

ImpactFrames and Merovingian like this.
  3. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

I finished Stein;Gate - to be honest "Time travel stories" become all the same.

4. Gladiolus83

Gladiolus83 Active Member

Did you like it? I didn't that much. Mayuri's Tuturu ruined it for me.

5. OmniTense

OmniTense Active Member

Made in Abyss
    Dorohedoro
    Ishuzoku Reviewers

Not a big Anime guy...but these three new ones are at least something different and I'm enjoying them.

-SIN

6. ImpactFrames

ImpactFrames New Member

Currently watching:
    My Hero Academia's 4th season
    Healin' Good Precure

I've had my eyes on "Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken" since it's an anime about making anime which is what I would like to do!

A few of my favorites are:
    • My Hero Academia - The characters are super loveable, the animation's superb, and it's designed by one of my favorite character designers, Yoshihiko Umakoshi.
    • Katekyo Hitman Reborn - SEVERELY underrated though it takes a bit of time to get to the good stuff. Once it picks up you're in for a ride. Designed by my other favorite character designer Masayoshi Takaka.
    • Heartcatch Precure - Even if it is just an extended commercial for children's toys, this season really feels like so much more than that to me. The plot is amazing, especially that of the movie. Also designed by the wonderful Umakoshi.
    • Noragami - The main trio is very endearing, not to mention hilarious. You'll be riding the feels train more often than not. Animated by the lovely studio Bones~
    • Kyousougiga - A wonderful tale about family, abandonment, and redemption, not to mention it's fun as heck to watch. (Good luck understanding Episode 0.)
    • Mob Psycho 100 - Coming of age story that stands out from other shounen due to the unique circumstances of the protagonist. Also love the zaniness of it all.
    Kimetsu was really good! Thats about as much gore as I can handle though. Glad to see another BSD fan!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  7. Reece

Reece Senior Member

I'm really digging Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! At first I couldn't get into it because it seemed a bit too much of an artistic wank, but the plot is developing, and I am really loving it these days. Also love the opening theme. MHA is ++good. It can make me tear up, laugh, slide to the edge of my seat whilst biting my nails. Such a good show. And yes, love BSD! Noragami also good. Tried to get into mob psycho, but I just can't for some reason. I'd like to say that with all the social distancing I now have time to give it another try, but I've been social distancing my entire life, and I'll give it another try when I have nothing more pressing to watch, hah! I'm looking forward to Spring 2020: Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen, Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season, Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara, Fruits Basket 2nd Season, Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season. *tents fingers* Excellent.

8. Foxxx

Foxxx The Debonair Contributor

I identify as an anime girl.

Bakemonogatari
    Kizumonogatari
    Nisemonogatari

I've got Bakemonogatari Second Season coming in the mail. And I can watch Nekomonogatari Black on Crunchyroll.

I have a Kimi no Na wa poster I still need to hang-up in the downstairs of my apartment somewhere. Just not sure where to put it yet. Gotta' claim my territory.

Last edited: May 10, 2020