1. Quote

Quote Member

Currently Reading::
    Welcoming Recommendations

Another New Member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Quote, Aug 25, 2022.

Introductions,

You can call me Quote. I was pleasantly surprised the name was available. I chose it because if I ever say something that is exceptionally profound or meaningful, somebody else probably said it first. I'm 33 years old. I like cats and I hate my job. I'm here because I'm interested in writing fiction and expanding my library. I'm also trying to develop good writing habits and broaden my research sources.

I read a lot of fantasy and science fiction, but I don't limit myself to 'sword and horses' fantasy or whatever you want to call it, but I'm still a fan of that style. I regularly challenge myself to read fiction outside of the speculative genre, but my writing will always be possessed by some twist of the fantastical or horrifying; sometimes fantastically horrifying or maybe even horrifyingly fantastical.

One day I might want to write a story about a magical knight and then the next I'm considering a love story more grounded in reality except that our protagonist is taking relationship advice from a talking flower with an agenda.

I'm unsure as to the quality of whatever insight or advice I might offer, so if you ever come to me for help, I'll be happy to assist, but I'll probably just quote the advice of better writers than me. I don't want to come on here and just expect to receive help without ever offering anything in return, so I'll try my best to contribute to the forum in a meaningful way.

MartinM, Xoic, Lawless and 2 others like this.
  2. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Hey @Quote , welcome and I hope you enjoy being here. More to the point (he says in Groucho Marx voice) I hope we enjoy having you here! Otherwise we might have to put you somewhere else, if anywhere else will have you!

[​IMG]

Quote likes this.
  3. Quote

Quote Member

Currently Reading::
    Welcoming Recommendations
    If anywhere else would have me, do you think I'd be here?

upload_2022-8-25_23-25-46.jpeg

4. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

That is the right answer! You pass. :supergrin:

Quote likes this.