1. violinguy

violinguy Member

New Guy Reporting In

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by violinguy, Feb 6, 2014.

Good morning all!

I'm a 44 year old musician who loves to write. I am outlining a new writing project currently, but I'm also trying to immerse myself in writing of all types. My Kindle has used up a ton of bandwidth recently.

As I work to put thoughts on paper (digital paper as it turns out), I struggle against too wide a spectrum of my own personal taste in fiction. I like sci-fi, mysteries, thrillers, and horror/suspense, and I read several cubic tons of non-fiction every month. I believe my own writing has settled into the mystery/thriller genre, but we'll see as I continue to write more and more.

I'm definitely looking forward to reading and writing here. Thanks in advance!

VG:cool:

2. FrankieWuh

FrankieWuh Active Member

Hi VG

I'm a newbie too - and like you I can't settle on any one genre. I'd like to think my varied tastes provide freedom, rather than become distracting. But I'm not kidding myself - I need to write more and maybe stick to one genre for the moment.

I reckon this forum might focus me - seems like a good place for that.

Best wishes
    FW

3. ShadowFane2019

ShadowFane2019 New Member

Nice to meet you! I am new as well and can't wait to see you around the forums! ^^

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

BTW, I like your sig,

This place needs more sax and violins in any case.

[​IMG]