1. Sandra Powell

Sandra Powell New Member

Building confidence!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sandra Powell, Aug 29, 2017.

Hi all, I have finally found the nerve to publish 5 books on Amazon. I've done it myself and now trying to figure out marketing and promotion. It isn't easy, because I am not a very out-going person and pushing myself forward isn't in my genes. For years I have written, finished books, edited and edited, hidden them away. In the new year I started getting them ready to publish and now I have done it. I joined this forum to keep myself motivated and see if anyone else has the same issue.
    Since I finished my last book before Christmas, the ideas seem to have stopped flowing, but it's been a difficult year for our family, so stress has probably interfered somewhere. My discipline for writing is a bit hit and miss. I can go for days without moving from the laptop when the ideas flow, but when they don't, I get lazy.
    I live in the UK.

2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Welcome, fellow UK-er!

There are experienced and new self-publishers on the forum, so I'm sure you'll be able to get marketing and promotion tips. The hard work doesn't end with 'The End', huh!

Sandra Powell likes this.
  3. Shemshari

Shemshari Member

Hello Sandra,

Congrats on publishing your books. There are a lot of tips in this forum for self-publishing, so maybe you can find what you need. In regards to staying motivated, I am the same way. Just like you said, there are days where I am non-stop writing and others where I only write a few words. Good luck with your endeavors.

Sandra Powell likes this.