1. Snowproblem

Snowproblem New Member

Newbie with a Request :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Snowproblem, Feb 7, 2014.

Hello everyone!

I stumbled upon these forums while searching for a place to not only brush up on my writing/editing skills, but also to find some people who may be able to assist with a survey for a class assignment. No, I'm not asking you to do my homework. I'm not that lazy. I do need a few people who have either studied English/writing or are currently working in English/writing careers to answer about 10 questions. If you feel like your situation can contribute to my career research, I would greatly appreciate your time.

I hope this is not directly against the forum rules since it is simply a survey and not any form of advertisement or solicitation or anything weird. It is completely anonymous. Thanks for helping, and either way, I look forward to becoming involved in the web of experience awaiting me in other forum sections!

http://snowsurvey.weebly.com

2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

I need more information. What is the purpose of your study? Convince me it's not a marketing gimmick. :)

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

looks legit and the poster has an impressive, exceptionally well-designed website... i find it worth taking the survey, if only to learn how it turns out...

btw, i love your punny username, snowproblem!

hope you'll stick around and become a regular poster...

love and hugs, maia

4. Snowproblem

Snowproblem New Member

Thank you, maia! I'm pretty impressed so far. I think I'll be able to find some great inspiration here.

@Ginger, thanks for asking, I don't mind sharing more. I am an English/Creative Writing major in my 3rd year at a university. Currently, this research is for a technical writing class in which the entire semester of work is designed around researching the career field(s) we are interested in. We'll use the results to eventually compile a final presentation and to help us decide if this is truly the direction we wish to take in life. Also, I couldn't sell a pencil if my life depended on it and I'm honestly not sure how questions about a career choice would benefit anyone in marketing. :D