Antagonists are people, too!

Discussion in 'Word games' started by MLKerrick, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Taylee91

Taylee91 Carpe Diem Contributor

He would make sure his opinions/ideals were listened to and acted upon. Somehow, someway, he'd also reach his goal.

What kinds of things does your antag do in his spare?

2. K.S.A.

K.S.A. Member

Why, thank you madame :)

As for the question...you meant spare time, right?

"Condemn souls, seduce virgins, watch people burn...slowly! I mean come on...what else can hellspawn get up to?" **winks at you**

Who would make a more challenging sparring partner for your AC & why? Your options are the Big Daddy of all evil himself aka the Devil, middle-aged mother of 5, Paris Hilton **snickers to herself**

3. Anonym

Anonym New Member

Gareth, "Paris I suppose. She'd probably make a horrid subject, but we could probably make something of her eventually... a spy or saboteur or somethin'... The devil is just god's prosecutor really, but the common conception of him would make an ideal, if not perfect subject. Not much of a challenge there."

Franz, (When the antag) "Spar? With words I imagine? Paris. Fictional characters good sparring partners do not make, so no devil, & she quite aptly represents the shameless debauchery of the old world. It'd be interesting & definitely a challenge to deprogram her & enlighten her to the future of civilization because of blithe, gluttonous people like her. If she had enough of a mind to change at least."

What's Antag's favorite band/song/genre?

4. Drusilla

Drusilla Active Member

You mean my AC......

He lives a pretty normal (or should I say "weird"?) life. He mostly locks himself inside his house. He is of course obsessed with finding the tools to give him ultimate power, but he isn't spending all of his time looking for these tools. He isolates himself most of the time, and he prefers to spend time alone. Sometimes he gets lonely and invites his underling over to play darts with him, talk with him and play other games with him. The underling doesn't really appreciate AC that much, but AC convinces him that "entertaining him" is part of his job.....
    The underling is mostly doing what he is doing because he is promised profit for it and because the underling himself plans to get AC of the way and take over AC's project.
    AC is addicted to coffee, darts and crossword. And sometimes beer (if he feels for it). Sometimes, he fantasizes about younger women.......

What would your Antagonist look for in a spouse?

5. jc.

jc. Member

My antagonist wouldn't be writing in a measly diary. That's for chumps. He'd be making his lackeys draw pictures of him in their own blood.

*Insert tacky over dramatic laughter here*

JK.

6. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Ahoy! I have returned with more villains beside young Amos' bad guy!

My sci-fi protag, Helen's villain is Arkoth, an entity which will soon take a solid shape and be the biggest threat Earth will ever face.

My Western protag, Mike's villain is Rodger Hollister, former comrade-in-arms during the American Civil War when they were both fighting in the Army of Northern Virginia.

Now...um...let's see the question above for them.

What would your Antagonist look for in a spouse?

Arkoth: One who is easily dominated, controlled, and bent to my every will.

Rodger: Don't you DARE talk about spouses around me, you damned Yank! I once had a wife, name was Clarabella. We was the greatest couple down in Georgia...until that damned monster, Sherman came in and...burnt the plantation and shot her! I swore I would never marry again. No woman alive can ever replace my darling Clarabella. To make matters worse, my best friend has sided with them! He is their bounty hunter! We fought together, we was brothers! We shed blood together! Gettysburg, Antietam! Now he sides with the Yanks and protects an Irish kid.

Me: Uh, dude? The person who asked that question is Norwegian. She's from Europe. Also, don't you think you kinda meandered off topic there?

Rodger: <glares at me with intense hatred>

Me: Damn, you're gonna make an interesting villain...

What would your antagonist do if he/she saw your MC's love interest pregnant and about to give birth?

7. MegTheLedge

MegTheLedge New Member

Kill the love interest and devour them. My antagonist is a zombie. So. Hey.

What is your AC's favourite TV show?

8. Link the Writer

What is your AC's favourite TV show?

If Rodger were in modern times? Hmmm...perhaps...

...Jesus, Days of our Lives? I don't know, I don't watch that much TV. xD

What would your antagonist do if he/she read that he/she had to tie the hero up, only to gloat and tell the hero everything? Would he/she go along with it or just kill the hero on the spot?

9. Drusilla

Drusilla Active Member

What would your antagonist do if he/she read that he/she had to tie the hero up, only to gloat and tell the hero everything? Would he/she go along with it or just kill the hero on the spot?

My AC would so much go along with it. He would talk her into irritation. He would bother her with the nastiest, cruelest words while he pointed varous sharp knives at her. She would (hopefully) find a way to escape and leave the AC in "I was a fool" mode. AC would be more hateful and vengeful towards her, and he would find a better, more efficient way to deal with this little idiot girl.

What would your AC do if he/she found a baby on his/her doorstep?

10. MegTheLedge

MegTheLedge New Member

Eat it.

Where would your AC like to go on vacation?

11. Drusilla

Drusilla Active Member

Anywhere where he could gain some clues on how to get to the next step in his quest! He wouldn't go on holiday just for the sake of going on holiday. He would travel to look for clues/magical artifacts, old scripts etc. He prefers to lock himself inside his dark, dusty old house and play darts with himself.

How would your AC raise his/her child(ren)?

12. MegTheLedge

MegTheLedge New Member

Like she is running a zombie colony. Which she is. And she considers each of the colony's citizens her children in a way. They often refer to her as The Matriarch.

What is your AC's favourite food?

13. Link the Writer

Rodger Hollister: I like steak and a few beans. Sometimes there's soup, but not much. God, at least it's better than the hard tac I had to eat during the War.

What would your antagonist do if he/she entered a contest with other villains from literature?

14. Blueflare

Blueflare New Member

Win. In short, lol.
    He's devious and plays the long game. He lets people think they're doing okay and then BAM, they realise they're trapped in one of his schemes and lose everything.

Does anyone love/care for your antagonist? Parents, misguided associates, slaves with Stockholm Syndrome - anyone?

15. eXpendable

eXpendable New Member

The MC cares for him, which is why he's trying to stop him. A few misguided associates, maybe even a nation, could be said to 'love' him. It's all unrequited though ;)

Does your antagonist have any personality disorders?

16. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

My current Anti is a zombie horde so they don't have much of a personality :p

Is there anyone your Anti acknowledges as their better?

17. MegTheLedge

MegTheLedge New Member

My anti is the leader of a zombie horde. :D

She doesn't really view anyone as her better, but she is aware of the importance of her colony.

When is your AC's birthday?

18. Link the Writer

When is your AC's birthday?

March 14th, 1840, just a year older than Mike Wolfletter. He was born on a plantation in Georgia.

How does your AC feel about the planet?

19. MegTheLedge

MegTheLedge New Member

She feels that it needs to be taken over by zombies.

What is your AC's opinion of zombies?

20. Anonym

Anonym New Member

Gareth, "Horrid abominations of fiction. Otherwise, their... metaphorical symbolism is interesting to me. I suppose in most basic terms, the perfect outcome of my research would be something similar: a mindless and inhumane instrument of carnage."

What would your AC not do to achieve their goals?

21. Link the Writer

What would your AC not do to achieve their goals?

Arkoth: Ask nicely. Last time I tried asking nicely, I got killed for my troubles. This time, I do it by force.

Rodger Holliser: Hurt children. Why would I? They did nothing to me, and I like the little runts.

What would your AC do if they were forced to spend a day in your MC's shoes?

22. MegTheLedge

MegTheLedge New Member

If The Matriarch had to spend the day as Punkster, she'd probably go to Tim Horton's a lot, just like Punkster does. Punkster and The Matriarch are alike in a lot of ways anyways.

If The Matriarch had to be Cap'n Babester, I think The Martiarch would probably die of the optimism.

23. Superevil225

Superevil225 Member

What would your AC do if they were forced to spend a day in your MC's shoes?

Probably play around with Daniel's magic. Maybe use it to enslave the Cervenian Empire and all the disobedient Hions. Punishment for those who disobey will be intense, and he'd probably have immortality too. *shivers*

What would your AC do if they found their arch-enemy's diary?

24. Anonym

Anonym New Member

Vyohn, "I'd burn it, for his own sake. Antagonism is merely a term of opposition, not antipathy or enmity. Quite the contrary."

Gareth, "If he had a diary at all, I'd be required to destroy him. Only policy, of course, but nothing I could control, or would care to. A failed experiment is nothing more than that, as intriguing as this particular prospect might be."

Dr. Cordrey, "Ah, not good. The vital undertone of our project is not merely the weaponization of the human psyche, but the veritable erasure of said humanity - of "human nature" - itself. The formation of a diary would be... entirely counter-productive to the evidence of success of the experiment. Wouldn't be my call, but probably irredeemably so. Poor thing."

Lithius, "I'd read it I suppose, and see how close the qualia of his weltanschauung is to my own... he's much potential to see the truth, through the bullsh*t. It'd only help me figure out if, and how."

Nothing, "What diary? It thing can eat? Or kill? Or f*ck? Then no care."

AC takes a day off from being antagonistic toward the MC. What do they do?

25. Link the Writer

AC takes a day off from being antagonistic toward the MC. What do they do?

Le' depends.

They may decide to go to the beach or something. 8D

What is your AC's favorite historical period in his/her world history? What historical person from his/her world looks up too and why?