1. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

28 *insert period of time* Later series.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ValianceInEnd, Jun 17, 2008.

I just finished watching 28 Weeks later and 28 Days Later and am very satisfied. These films bring credibility back to the zombie genre that hasn't been around since Day of the Dead. Truly brilliant and intense films. The camera work is well thought out and beautifully done. Still, 28 Weeks later had to be one of the most depressing films I've ever seen. What do y'all think of these movies?

2. LibbyAnn

LibbyAnn New Member

I wasn't crazy about either one of them...not my cup of tea, you could say :p I did think they were well done, they just didn't appeal to me in particular.

3. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

I saw 28 days later and loved it...up until the end...I just didn't like the way it ended...but, it is still a movie I watch because I enjoy the balance of suspense and in your face "zombie"....:D

4. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Both were amazing.
    The start of 28 Weeks Later was revolutionary.
    But the grittiness of 28 Days Later makes it the better of the two.

5. Undefined

Undefined New Member

IMHO, 28 Weeks Later was a huge letdown, especially the ending. The thought process through the entire thing was just so grr-inducing plus the part with the Night Vision Scope was about three minutes too long.

6. ValianceInEnd

Oh I would so agree with you. The opening of 28 Weeks Later was literally stunning. Just masterfully suspenseful. I was excited that maybe it would be better then the first from that, but overall it wasn't quite as good.

And yeah Undefined, the night scope scene was painful.

7. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    I hated 28 Weeks Later.
    Yeah the start was good which unfortunately made the middle so painful. Why was the caretaker able to use his security card to get into the quarantine rooms? Why would the soldiers put hundreds of civilians into a poorly defended area when the infection comes back?
    Separate the civilians into small groups and put them into specially made vaults. Much safer much more intelligent.
    I didn't make it to the end of the movie due to the 'military dumb' plot.

I loved the first movie though, I thought it was really well done.

8. ValianceInEnd

Yeah, there were some pretty blatant plot holes in 28 Weeks Later, but you really should have watched the whole thing! The ending is cool. :D

9. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I have seen both and am very ashamed to say that 28 weeks later actually scared me. It is the only horror movies I have seen <that don't include clowns as anything with clowns, even childrens programs, terrifies me beyond belief> that actually made me jump and get scared. To me, those two movies are TRUE horror. I loved them, even though the second did have plot holes, it was pure brilliance!

10. ValianceInEnd

Yeah, I remember that they didn't scare me while watching them, but I've had nightmares where Infected are chasing me. That's scary! :p

11. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

What happened at the end of 28 Weeks Later? I forget.
    Didn't dogs become infected too, in WL? Or am I confused with Resident Evil?
    And how cool was the helicopter scene! :)
    Oh my goodness, and the music! Mainly from the first one. John Murphy is a genius. The tunnel scene was intense. The score from the final army barracks scene (In The House - In A Heartbeat) in DL is perplexing, equal with Surface of the Sun from Sunshine.

12. ValianceInEnd

In the end, it shows the black guy's (forgot his name! :redface:) helicopter torn up. We see infected come running up a subway, like the shot in Britain, but when they get out we see it's in Paris. This means the kid brought the virus out of Europe and brought it from being an isolated event to a global pandemic. Makes for good prospects to have a sequel. ;)

And yes, the helicopter scene was awesome! Not for the faint of heart though, haha.
    The music is very good as well. Both movies had a perfect moody rock sound track. That Muse song in the trailer for 28 Weeks Later is perfect, and I get chills down my spine every time I watch the trailer. Awesome.

13. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

I never saw Weeks Later but Days Later was pretty good for a zombie movie and the only zombie movie I would consider to be good (absolutely hate Dawn of the Dead!). There just aren't very good zombie movies these days and freakin Resident Evil is so freakin cheap it shouldn't have even had sequels.

14. ValianceInEnd

Ohhhhhhhh, my friend, you have never seen a good zombie movie. If you want, I could open your world to the wonders of zombie-phoria.

And being a zombie geek, you're forcing me to get technical. Really, 28 Days Later isn't a zombie movie because technically they aren't zombies. Technically... ;)

15. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

Yeah I know....but it is in my book since there's an "infection" running about.

What are some good zombie movies though and how do they compare to 28 D and W?

16. ValianceInEnd

I'll pm you good one's if you like. We shouldn't jack the thread from it's original subject.

17. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

woops ok pm me^^

*end discussion*