Tags:
  1. Brandon P.

Brandon P. Active Member

Anyone else draw their characters?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Brandon P., Aug 9, 2022.

I've always liked to draw the characters from my stories, especially the heroines. In fact, some of my stories have begun with drawings of the characters. It's like, after I draw a character, I want to give them a story.

I'll start this thread by sharing a few artworks of an archaeologist character I recently created named Latonya Coleman, who is meant to be a subversion of the Lara Croft/Indiana Jones archetype. Instead of breaking into ancient ruins to steal treasure, she returns the stolen treasure to them. I have one short story written for her already, but I'd like to do a longer work with her sometime in the future.

(The second image in this series is actually an illustration for the one story I've written about her, which is set in the Ivory Coast in West Africa.)

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. GrahamLewis

GrahamLewis Seeking the bigger self Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

an oasis of PC midst right-wing extremism
    Currently Reading::
    Zen Flesh, Zen Bones
    Mine would all be stick people, and I have enough trouble drawing them with words anyway.

3. Brandon P.

Brandon P. Active Member

[​IMG]
    And this would be Karen Cunningham, an antagonist from my short story starring Latonya Coleman (which you can read here). Karen's a wealthy English socialite and heiress whose fondness for "collecting" ancient artifacts has put her at odds with Latonya's mission.

Dogberry's Watch likes this.
  4. AlyceOfLegend

AlyceOfLegend Senior Member Contest Winner 2022

Currently Reading::
    Fanfiction- Stranger Things, Supernatural
    I would love to draw my characters, but I am barely above stick figures.

5. JoanneLawrence

JoanneLawrence Banned

I would love to draw the two main characters of the story I'm working on now, but I'm not that talented and, unfortunately, can't do it.
    But I have one friend who is a graphic designer and draws amazing, and maybe, I'll ask her to help me with that, because I really want to have them drawn.

6. John L. Thoreau

John L. Thoreau New Member

I would love to draw my characters if I didn't think they would come out looking like indistinguishable stick figures. I love the concept though.
    Something I have tried in the past, and I'm tempted to keep trying is using the Sims 4 character builder.