Tags:
  1. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

Anyone else get this message?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Crazy Ivan, Mar 31, 2007.

This is a PM I got when signing in:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I was visiting writingforums.com and I saw you amongst the active users. I thought you might like to know that I have also created a website with the sole aim of promoting Authors, Poets and Screenwriters.

Allow me to introduce myself.

I represent a new and innovative website that caters for writers. You are able to display your stories, poetry and scripts that can be freely uploaded, read and reviewed using a unique registration, rating and review system that will allow you to receive regular feedback from your peers without any membership or subscription fee whatsoever.

www.fourthperspective.com

The site has been open for just over a week and I'm looking for your support and that of other screenwriters and authors to create this forum for the expression and review of original works. I invite you to explore the features of the website and see what it can offer you.

Thankyou for your consideration.

Michael Danton.

P.S.
    The good people at writing forums do not want you to know about Fourth Perspective and have unfairly prohibited me from addressing you on the grounds that this letter is "spam", even though this letter of introduction to you is written and sent to you by my own hand and concerns you as a writer, specifically.

With this in mind, if you have any questions or comments, please direct them to the Fourth Perspective forums, or my personal e-mail address at swarm@bigpond.net.au
    As it is likely by the time you read this, my account here will have been barred as it was the first time and was not able able to reply to your messages.

With that said, if you so wish, you may proposition any or all of the writers on Fourth Perspective in a formal and civilized manner as I have done and I will not stop you from doing so.

My sincerest apologies if this is the second time you have received this message, it is never my intention to bother anyone, only to inform.
    Thankyou.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

Obviously, spam. Anyone else getting this? Anyone care to comment?

2. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.
    I love how the guy has no posts.

3. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I received this pm lastnight he has pm'd almost everyone I think.

It is quite funny as I am not even a member of that forum he spoke of lol

But I know of 2 other people who got a pm form him when i was last online and i am sure that he has pm'd a large number as he was around for an hour or so pming people. Love how he worded it though. lol

4. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    I got it this afternoon. I ignored it.

5. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I would say that this person has looked for whoever was active, a regular poster or the enitre member list. Either way the administrator and the moderators have been notified of this member and the pm that has been sent out.

6. Lizzy

Lizzy New Member

I am a very new member. I just joined yesterday and received it. I guess Mr. Danton has been extremely busy.

7. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

The user has been banned... and yes, it is spam.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

8. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

one of the reasons i don't sign up for PMs!

9. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

I received it.

It is kind of silly, I think, to attempt to recruit members by going against the desires of the admins and moderators of an existing forum, by sending spam in an effort to recruit members for a new writing/crit forum (a second attempt no less).

What kind of ethics, and resulting credibility, does one expect to have after doing such? Would it inspire individuals to sign up? On the whole, I think not.

I have not blocked PMs because this is a rare instance it seems (the first for me) and I've had some interesting and useful PM exchanges with members here.

Just one more opinion on the issue.

Terry

10. Kincaid

Kincaid New Member

Received it. Ignored it.

11. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

terry... i agree pms can be used to good advantage, but i give my email address out freely, so don't see the need to add pms...