Tags:
  1. Stormsong07

Stormsong07 Contributor Contributor

Writing Side Gigs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stormsong07, Aug 26, 2018.

Hey all, I am looking to supplement my current (somewhat meager) funds with some quick side jobs. And, of course, I am looking into writing ones. I got the idea from this list I found last year about greeting card companies that pay. I actually have one that passed the initial selection and is in the market review process for Blue Mountain Arts, which pays $300 if they accept it. (Only problem is, market review can take up to 24 months!)

https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/make-money/8-companies-thatll-pay-write-greeting-cards-one-pays-300/

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else had any resources for side writing jobs to earn a little extra money. Post them here if you do! I'm sure we could all use it.

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

my sister has been writing blurbs for steamy romance (of the trashier sort) for a while... she got the work through and agency but I don't know which off the top of my head

3. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

I've made reasonable money writing for the Hooked app... they keep changing their format and their payment schema, but I think right now it's about $1 000 for a 1K word story. But I'm not sure it's available to unagented writers? And honestly, it's pretty hard to write something interesting in that format and with that length...