1. Published on Amazon? If you have a book, e-book, or audiobook available on Amazon.com, we'll promote it on WritingForums.org for free. Simply add your book to our Member Publications section. Add your book here or read the full announcement.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. Manutebecker

Manutebecker Member

Anyone just a flat out writing procrastinator???

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Manutebecker, May 28, 2009.

Don't get me wrong, I love to write. Most of my stories being short and whipped up in an hour in a sort of continuous flow, like therapy, where I just let it flow. Lately, however, I've been writing a screenplay and want to get the story drawn in my mind before I just go ahead and even put pen to paper. Just wondering if anyone else procrastinates their work at all.

2. Henry The Purple

Henry The Purple Active Member

It's not a good idea...

3. RomanticRose

RomanticRose Active Member

There is a difference between procrastination and incubation. Sometimes a story just isn't ready to be written down. You're still writing, just not typing.

4. Anir

Anir Senior Member

In a place where the forces of space and time have
    I am the biggest procrastinator on the island of procrasti-nation, where to procrastinating natives drink procrastination juice out of procrastinating coconuts.

And it sucks. I'm ready to write, and then I see the text, and I'm like, "Um, okay, now let's see whats on the internet." Curse my internet addiction!

5. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Senior Member Contributor

Procrastination is my middle name, im so good at it. and tis not even about internet addiction i can sit and say okay i want to write, but i have to watch that thing for the fifth time. i hate it but i just cant stop!

6. JGraham

JGraham Senior Member

For me it is a bit different. I have focused and been writing frequently in my one novel for almost a year. It is 218 pages typed and i am nearing the end. Now that i am here though, it is like i dont want it to end, so i avoid it, doing only a little at a time. I even started my next one.

7. TereFaerie

TereFaerie Member

LOL, I procrastinate just about everywhere else, but not with my writing. Maybe I'll try it out when I have a publisher breathing down my neck and a deadline looming ever closer...

8. Arthur_Rimbaud

Arthur_Rimbaud Member

oh god, I was totally just going to make a thread exactly like this. It's funny, I always feel like I'm the only one who does it, guess I'm not the only writing procrastinator after all. Haha.

I'm horrible for it. I love writing. But most of the time I can't drag myself to get on my typewriter and punch out some words. I'm not sure why. It's really bothering me, lately.

9. OurJud

OurJud Contributing Member Contributor

My procrastinating is so severe that I never get anything written. It's no joke either. It stops me from enjoying something I really want to do. All I can manage these days is the odd forum post.

I so underestimated the dedication, devotion, discipline and talent (although Dan Brown managed) it takes to make it as a successful writer.

10. psyence53

psyence53 Senior Member

I never write.
    I think about it but never do.
    Ha.
    Go me.

11. Dcoin

Dcoin Contributing Member

I procrastinate by writing.

12. BillyxRansom

BillyxRansom Active Member

My procrastination comes from some deep rooted fear. I just have this fear of not finding the right words, and in my procrastination, I... don't find any words at all, really. :/

However, I will say this!

@ DCoin, I write by procrastinating. ;)

13. TragicJuliet

TragicJuliet Senior Member

You are not alone, i'm on here instead of working on my novel like I should be :p

14. Lalis

Lalis New Member

Brilliant definition. Only for me it's kind of hard to tell which is which >_<

15. JJDupre

JJDupre New Member

Oh, golly do I procrastinate. I actually made a blog to post some random updates as far as my writing is concerned. What's it called? A Work In Progress: Because I Never Finish A Damn Thing.