Tags:
  1. almostvoid

almostvoid Member

arrived out of my head

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by almostvoid, Mar 13, 2019.

people fellow scribes amazing creators I am glad I have found this site. Glanced over the what-is-going-on compared to others who were sort of different. More constrained. Whilst here horizons seem much broader.
    I've been at it for decades. Minor self publishing surprise in that my initial one hundred sci fi books sold. Well I gave about a third away for promotion as well. Learned the logic of making sense of sentences by default whilst at uni [arts BA] then ran away and drove buses for nearly two decades prior retiring early to write even more. My head is delirious. In fact, given my inherited non-coherent genetics I can state my brain is a vomitorium.
    I shall rummage around for a while. Not an intense member. More like the concessional spectre passing through

matwoolf likes this.
  2. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

"your proposal is acceptable" Men In Black

matwoolf and Cave Troll like this.
  3. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    :superhello:
    :superagree:
    Take this Shark Edition.jpg

ThunderAngel and XRD_author like this.
  4. almostvoid

almostvoid Member

I like the avatar---it looks convincing after a session with strange elixirs. Looks like a dose of partial senescence.
    your quote is apt to the point of eloquence
    the delay in replying is my brain's absence
    it wanders and returns
    with dubious allusions to things bizarre
    which make great inspiration
    eventually so

Some Guy likes this.
  5. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Almost void, eh? I like your username. Welcome to the forum, friend. Enjoy your time here.

almostvoid likes this.
  6. almostvoid

almostvoid Member

My delirium is barely containable. I shall keep a lid on it.
    The Luna aspect is beguiling -- I just read an extract from Cicero and he claims the Greeks were infatuated with the moon's light out of which the Romans made the name Lucifer
    which then was mis-appropriated by later European Christians and then later saved by the Romantics to be rehabilitated as the principle of light with a cosmic source irradiating
    sentience itself---but that could be my delirium leaking out - as well as being captivated by Buddhism- having been taught the art of breathing by Thai Buddhists and of course
    getting nowhere---which is probably a safe thing to do. thanks for the welcome

Moon likes this.
  7. Partridge

Partridge Senior Member

Welcome, Almostvoid. I think you and I will get on just fine ;) Judging by your avatar you're a Dwarfer as well?

almostvoid likes this.
  8. almostvoid

almostvoid Member

mr above my head --- back in the last millennium the national ABC [DownUnder] ran the lot and repeated them several times---I think I watched them so often i can almost recite them ---except my brain keeps in renovating itself and then well it's lost in space. yes---that pic I got off a T shirt from their official UK website---they don't sell them at the moment so I was lucky and used a digital camera for the shot -of my non existent head

Partridge likes this.