Aspie's Pipeline

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by Alan Aspie, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Contributor Contributor

Today's plan: to get anything done.

Stress writing 528.

Temporary high stress situation because of reasons which I can't tell.

Today's writing until now:

Stress writing 686 words.

Project HO:
    Character file of SS from 866 to 880
    Character file of O. From 787 to...
    HO - storehouse from 203 to...
    HO - basic scene structure from 110 to...
    HO - 1 Scenes from 515 to...
    HO - 2 Scenes from 189 to...
    HO ideafile from 830 to...
    YKK from 22 416 to 22 676
    HO-F from 305 to...
    HO - incoherent file from 119 to...

I'm really weighting what big things I can or can't sacrifice for puny reasons and still stay human.

If this is my last post, then it is. If things go that way, I really want to encourage everyone who writes to write more, to think more, to be honest to themselves and others.

And never think that you know more about someone else's inner world than he or she does him- or herself.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  2. Alan Aspie

Stress writing 536 words
    JH ideafile 152 words.
    TR ideafile 272

Project HO:
    Character file of SS from 880 to...
    YKK from 22 676 to 22 866
    HO-F from 305 to...

I still don't know what will happen with my writing here.

Human beings are not omnipotent, omniscient super telepaths from X-Men. If we act like we were or if we think that something gives us that kind of power, then we really, really, really should look at a mirror. What is there? An omniscient demigod or a human being?

If you make a mistake, if you interpret things from your perspective when you can't have enough knowledge, wisdom or even a perspective... Well... Then it's mainly just a mistake + a little bit of something else.

And this is a crossroads situation... What you decide to do here means a lot. It defines you.

You are not your mistakes. But you are what you decide to be after you have a possibility to see your mistakes. That is a place of self definition. There you become something. There you truly make your choices.

The point is not "do you have good will or not". Everyone thinks they have - at least from their own perspective. The point is "do you act like you are a all knowing demigod who can see inside the heads of other people and never makes mistakes".

I have been in my life more than 50 years too near one person with that kind of delusive acting. I really know what it does to people who are put under that kind of "interpreting". And it seems that now I'm free from that.

(It took two law firms and two lawyers + nine months + that much money that lawyers cost + some extra. And getting rid of that kind of "interpreting" and acting was worth all that time, energy, stress and money. It gave me a life that is truly mine, not an extension of someone else's imagination, world view or delusions.)

Staying away from all interaction with those who act that way is one secret of happy and productive life. There are other secrets too, but this is one of them.

And I am seeking happy and productive life.

Even being and writing here is not about being and writing here. It's about having a happy and productive life, a writing life.

That kind of life is possible only if one can avoid combinations of things spoken here.

And a hint:

If anyone acts like if he or she is a X-Men type demigod with super telepath powers... Well... There are also other possibilities. And those other possibilities might be more true.

We live partially - very partially - in a world of intentions. And we live fully in a world of actions. We don't see anyones intentions. We see their actions. And more often than not those actions tell the truth about intentions. And almost every time actions tell more truth than explanations.

Maybe it is time to go forward, maybe not. I don't know yet.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Stormburn likes this.
  3. Alan Aspie

Stress writing 426 words.

K-I S HK ideafile 101 words.

Project HO:
    Character file of SS from 880 to...
    YKK from 22 866 to 23 242
    HO-F from 305 to...

Going through Erma Bombeck. Hard to find a good video which tells about less visible part of her working methods.

Still studying and researching how emotional elements, characters and narrative development is created through structure in audio-, stage- and screenplays + tv-, Youtube-, documentary-, non fiction- and infotainment manuscripts.

I'm very interested about some of those.

My conclusion just now is that under the big structure there is smaller and smaller structures which are as important, sometimes a bit less complicated and mainly unseen by audiences.

And these smaller structures inside bigger structures finetune the emotional states and movements of audience. That is why it's better to "waste" time to them than go forward too soon and make a cardboard play with "witty" dialog. You can't patch micro structure holes (my own term, I don't know does this thing have a word or not) with dialog and do good job. It just does not work.

And I think the importance of micro structure has been increasing for decades. And that has made good scriptwriting harder and gap between best and mid level script writers bigger.

Handling this kind of fractal structural complexity + being able to do original creative writing at the same time is not an easy job. But I have decided that I'll learn it and do it. Project HO is where I study and practice it.

If you want to see how this is done well, watch some recent productions by Sorkin. He hides his fractal and complex structural work behind fast and witty dialog. But try not to listen dialog. Just watch how the structure of his works has this fractal element I am talking here. And watch how deep & wide it goes. The dialog is a mask, a blanket on top of it. You must watch under that blanket. And then you see it.

Today I must work with stones, earth, shovel, wheelbarrow... the whole day. So I suppose I will not have much time for writing. But still...

I'm still something which will block or keep open my possibility or will to stay here.

As long as this situation is on, I will write only here, in my progress journal. I read other sections, but I don't write there.

To me this progress journal is not a diary like personal file. If it was, it did not exist in internet. It's not like readers of this were visiting my home but more like if I was in beside my garden gate and neighbours were wondering by, watching my garden and sometimes saying hello (liking) or even having a chat about something they see flourishing or suffering under my careless care.

A video.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  4. Alan Aspie

Still not sure is it possible to stay here or not.

The more time one simple thing takes, the more it seems that I'll go or be banned for ever.

Edit:

Just now I feel like taking a break from WF.

I don't know do I come back or not.

Write well - those who do.

Second edit: I just copied my progress journal. Now I don't have here anything important that I need if I don't want to come back.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    GaMeFreakJ, marshipan and Stormburn like this.
  5. Alan Aspie

Writing rarely with minimal content could be one compromise.

So:

I have written some amount about something sometimes.

I did not get a reward in a contest with more than 400 suspense novels.

Something extra:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  6. Alan Aspie

I have written some amount of text about some topics.

And a Finnish folk song Ievan polkka (Ieva's polka.) with a piano.

Watch the fingers no matter if you know anything about piano playing or not. The thing in life, universe and everyting is always to seek what hands are doing, not what mouth talks.

7. marshipan

marshipan Contributor Contributor

I've always liked that song. Thank you for sharing that video, it was good.

GaMeFreakJ, Stormburn and Alan Aspie like this.
  8. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer

Haunting melody. That's not the polka of the Saturday night clubs in eastern Nebraska, with the farmers in their jeans and their middle-aged wives in the floofy colorful dresses all having a damn good time because it's Polka Night and we don't care . . . that's the polka of the northern woods with mist and early twilight in the dying of the year, with dancers who may or may not be fully human, and a whirl into ecstasy or madness . . .

9. Alan Aspie

I have been writing some amount. I have done something related to writing. I'm gonna get a little bit money because of writing....

But that is not important now.

The important thing is that I just tasted Ruby chocolate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_chocolate

The taste is mild. There is something like white cholocate. But the after taste is totally different. It's unique. It's... er.... unique. It's a bit like some fruits or berries but nothing like that.

I did not get any last year or year before that. (It has been mainly in Christmas selling in Finland.) But now it's available all the time.

It's a bit expensive - 20€/kg - but as a rare experience worth it.

In Finnish. Sorry.

https://www.iltalehti.fi/ruoka-artikkelit/a/0f2aea13-8e01-40df-9b96-118582d05ec9

Andy_Megumi, marshipan and Stormburn like this.
  10. Alan Aspie

I have been doing things related to writing. And I have been writing other things instead of my projects. My things go a bit like I have planned.

The lenght off daylight is a bit more than 5 hours where I live. But... Daylight?

At 9:00 hour hand is at the point of 45 minutes which is 270°. Sun rises in the horizon. It's in this level.

At 9:12 hour hand is at the point of 46 minutes which is 276° degrees. Sun does not rise this high.

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates Christmas as a real or symbolic birth day of the Christ.

In Finnish. Not sorry. Our own Christmas songs.

11. Alan Aspie

I'm thinking about returning to write here, but only in this thread and only in a way that benefits me, mainly me and specially me.

That does not mean I would not answer questions here if someone throws them - as long questions are somehow connected to the content of this thread.

That would and could be in line with this:

And there is a small possibility that it could be in line with things that are much, much more important to me than this forum and some things connected to this forum.

I'll be thinking about this few days.

Please, do not comment this writing. I do not want to talk about this with anyone.

Andy_Megumi, marshipan and Stormburn like this.
  12. Alan Aspie

I have done a lot of background work for some project. Big part of it is learning new skills.

Some things go forward, others not.

One lousy thing in life has got a bit better.

In future I'll be a bit more vague about what I do, what are the results and is there any publishing or not. I'll tell broad lines and that's mainly it.

I'll keep posting videos and links which might be helpfull to someone interested about things like that. Finland will be one of the topics. Others... Well... Let's see.

Our winter has not been winter but like autumn. Wet, warm, dark...

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/finlands_gloomiest_town_attracts_global_attention/11139964

I have kept my walking amounts somewhere near 10 0000 steps a day.

Our country is just now total political disaster. Everything is going down. We have the worst cabinet ever - and we have had lousy ones. Those idiots have no connections to reality, numbers, scientific thinking or any understanding what are the results of they decisions.

And the dishonesty of this government is something you couldn't believe in this country. Previous prime minister had to leave because of his massive dishonesty. Current is worse than previous. Our Secretary of State is under investigation - and more dishonest than current Prime Minister. Our interior minister... You wouldn't believe. Our minister of finance has a bit too deep history with Russia...

(If you have any faith, you could pray for us.)

There are good things too. Like...

https://www.visitfinland.com/article/most-beautiful-aurora-shots-from-finland/

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    marshipan, Stormburn and GaMeFreakJ like this.
  13. Alan Aspie

I have done some things, learned something and got some things a bit forward.

Things grow like mushrooms in this years "winter" here in Finland.

upload_2020-1-26_9-47-39.jpeg

They grow inside something and some day they pop up - or not.

I decided to write few things to test writing here in a way which is inside some very strange borders and does not speak up which those borders are, why they exist and what is the origin of those borders.

Nowadays world is a strange place. If boa constrictors choke you in some swamp you can always build yourself your own territories somewhere else. Like this Finnish guy Matti...

It might take time and/or money and/or something else but you can do it.

To succeed you need to be lucky. But...

Luck = The way you do things makes the right people to think that they can benefit from your skills, motivation, work and achievements. And that makes them willing to co-operate with you in a way that leaves you room to use your skills, motivation and to achieve.

Luck this way understood is not a random thing. And it does lure more flies than bees. You need to take care that you don't tarnish yourself with flies. You need to flower in a way that invites bees. And that means you must rise above ground level.

Luckily (pun intended) you can easily sort out bees and flies. Flies carry s**tbags. Bees create new growth. You can see what is s*** and what is pollen. Just look at the bag they carry.