1. Summer Poenradt

Summer Poenradt New Member

Currently Reading::
    Atheist Handbook to the Old Testament by Joshua Bowen

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Summer Poenradt, Oct 26, 2022.

Hello All,
    This is my first creative writing forum. I've been writing science fiction/fantasy/sports stories for my own enjoyment since 2018. Well, perhaps I wrote them for stress relief where I thought I had control and the good guys win. A funny thing happened to me while writing - my characters demanded better plots and character development! I have not sought out mental health counseling because their demands are entirely reasonable. Now I am reaching out to the erotic writing community to seek input about how to be a better author.

My niche belongs to the LGBTIA+ erotic romance in the science fiction, fantasy, and sports categories. I am a voracious consumer of stories on Kindle, Apple Books, and am looking into Good Reads. Also, Summer Poenradt is my pseudonym. I have always wanted a nom de plume so that is crossed off my bucket list. My favorite authors are sci-fi classics: Jules Vern, Asimov, Bear, Clarke, Niven, Pohl, Herbert, and yes, even Heinlein (I did NOT appreciate the mid-century homophobia in Stranger in a Strange Land.) My very first LGBTQIA+ author was Gordon Merrick (Peter and Charlie's romance trilogy). My favorite LGBTQIA+ author is Storm Constantine (Wraeththu series). Since electronic publishing came out, I have access to so many new authors and their ideas. I am grateful for all of the new materiel that is out there. The last story I read tends to be my favorite, but recently, I've encountered some really inspirational stories. Eileen Glass's Human Omega series was so provocative, I wrote fan fiction set in her universe (but different galaxy) for my own enjoyment. Like all of her fans, I'm desperately waiting for her to release of Pykh Book 4.

Well, that's my introduction. I hope to meet aspiring authors in my niche.