1. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

Athena Academy

Discussion in 'Role Play' started by mmarage, Oct 5, 2014.

Athena Academy
    Welcome to Athena Academy, School for the Gifted. You've obviously been brought here for your mental acumen or talents... or because your parents were rich enough to buy your way inside. Definitely for no other reason. You'll be split into two separate groups based on individual talents. You may of course converse between groups, but you must never enter the others part of the academy, it will disturb teachers and students.

...Now that the mortals are gone, welcome! You've discovered the gift of magic or are of a different species altogether, for those of you didn't know about any of this, surprise! You'll be learning how to master your gifts. Learning powerful spells and other magical talents which will aid you in life and be able to defend yourself from those that would wish harm upon you.

Now there is all sorts of other things that you'll need to know about, horrible things, things that will keep you up at night as the fear and tension create unbreakable knots in your stomach... but for now, just enjoy yourselves and just follow these basic rules! Don't use magic in front of mortals, don't harm mortals that pose no threat to you, don't mess around with your magic, otherwise horrible things can and will happen, don't stray into restricted areas of the school, it's for your own safety. So, welcome and have fun!

Story:

You've been accepted into Athena Academy in Vancouver, Canada. Some may have an excuse as to how they've gotten in, grades, wealth, talents, etc. However even the biggest low-life and flaky student can still get in for one reason alone. They have the potential to use magic. Everyone will go through special testing their first day, if they succeed and use magic then they'll stay and go to the special group of students, if they fail then they'll remain with the normal students until they either graduate, move away, or fail.

However as a new student, studies will not be your only priority. Students will be grouped up and sent out on missions to determine whether or not a situation is supernatural, if it is then they must figure out how to stop it before the secret of the supernatural world is revealed to the world.

Though, that isn't the only thing that they'll have to deal with. There are a group of mages led by a dangerous and powerful sorcerer by the name of Damien Syth. They're teaming up with all sorts of supernatural creatures who desire one thing. Control. They believe that mortals should be ground under their heel. They'll do anything to attain their goals. Assassinations of important figures, taking control of certain companies and businesses, and even playing politics.

They actually have a strong foothold in politics. Managing to get into major government positions all around the world. Trying to cause as much trouble as they can in order to undermine the infrastructure of each country in order to weaken it, so when they finally decide to attack nations won't be able to organize a competent army that will be able to defend themselves.

They're bolstering their numbers as best as they can, recruiting any that they find, willingly or otherwise. Blackmailing mages by holding loved ones captive, using magic and potions to manipulate and control their minds, or merely getting them when they're young and have them grow up with their principles.

Though the group that you're in is led by Rhys Belmont he has been leading the assault against Syth and his people. Trying to gather as many mages as they've been able and trying to keep them away from dark magic and instill morals into them, or at the very least the idea that all of this is horribly wrong.

They also have a strong foothold in politics, doing their best to have nations thrive, cooperate and fight against Syth's policies, trying to make sure that when Syth finally decides to strike that they'll be prepared to defend themselves or at least be able to limit causalities.

But they aren't the only threat, there are a group of hunters out there called The Order, people with high tech equipment that can take down a mage or any other magical creature out there. Unfortunately even Syth's people have been able to infiltrate The Order and have been able to launch raids against Belmont's people.

There are mages and creatures who are neutral, not wanting to get themselves or their families and friends involved in the conflict. Going into hiding, limiting their magic usage, even going as far as to hide the truth to their children and try to suppress their children's magical presence or go deep into the wilderness where they wouldn't be bothered by anyone else.

CS:

Name:
    Appearance:
    Bio:

Skills-

You all start out with ten points for each category, however if you're a different species than human, I will determine whether or not you will get 5 or 10 magic points, it's merely to even everything out due to different race's natural abilities (Flight, super strength, etc.) When you choose each skill have a brief description of what each one is. (Just to know your understanding of the subject and just so then I know what it is in the event that it is something that I don't know or if it's far too broad, it doesn't have to be anything too complex, it can even be one sentence, for example Lock picking: 10 (The ability to pick the lock on locked doors and unlock them.))

There is a cap for the skills, it's 35, it'll go up as time goes on, but for now that's the cap, as you level up your skills higher the better your actions are and how successful they'll be. Say for instance, picking the lock on a door, if it's a simple lock and your level is 35, then you'll pick the lock in ten seconds flat, if your lock picking skill is 1 and it's a complex lock, then it'll take a lot longer or probably just fail.

Magic-

Magical Skills- Skills that anyone can learn with time and effort, yet are not the skills of everyday life, alchemy, potion making, etc.

Combat- Everyday fighting techniques, weapons, hand to hand, etc.

Skills- Everyday skills that anyone can learn with some time and effort.

Supernatural Abilities- This is for races with special abilities, the five points you lose from magic go here, the abilities must make sense for what you are playing.

Soul Magic: Magic that is unique to one's character, this magic is optional, if you do have this magic you must explain it to me in its entirety, this magic can basically be anything that's related to your character in some way, but if it's overpowered then I will deny it, you get five points to start in this category and you don't have to tell anyone what it is, however if there is something special about said magic that other players must know, say for instance it can resist or detect certain kinds of magic, then you must include that.

Rules:
    1. Submit your CS's to me via PM for acceptance.
    2. I'm GM, my word is the absolute truth.
    3. No godmodding.
    4. No character controlling.
    5. No time skips unless it is describing an event that happened prior to when the RP has moved and you're merely catching up to the present.
    6. No arguments within the game unless it is in character and strictly against another character, if there is an argument either take it to the discussion or the PMs, but if it is taken to the discussions it must be about the RP and nothing else.
    7. No killing characters without the player's permission. You may kill certain NPCs without permission. (Ones that you yourself bring into the game, if it is an important NPC or one that is brought into the story by another, you may not kill them without that person's permission.)
    8. Keep things PG-13 when it comes to romance, if it goes any further than that then skip over it.
    9. Most adult themes are fine, (Gore, swearing, etc.) just don't overdo them to the point where the post is basically drugs, half naked women, and swearing like a sailor for no good reason and mainly just detracts from the story altogether.
    10. If you break these rules you will edit your post upon my request. Repeated and malicious breaking of the rules will result in banning, no way to come back into the story, your character(s) used for their intended purpose and then killed or sent off to never be heard of again, no more characters can or will be made by someone who has been banned. If one has been banned from the RP and continues to harass it in the discussion or in the actual story then I will report them to the admin or moderators without hesitation.
    11. If you are going to leave the RP please tell me in advance so then I can plan in case your character is doing something important and not halt the RP, and be able to find a good place to be able to bring you back in the event that it isn't a permanent leave.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  2. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Approved

3. mmarage

It was a sunny August day. It was the first day back to school. For some lucky few, it'd be their first day to Athena Academy. All from different walks of life coming together. Straight A students, rich kids, or one with great talent in the arts or sports would normally be the people you would think would get into such a prestigious academy. But even the lowest thug and common person could get in... some wouldn't stay that long though. Maybe a week or a month, but soon, some of those common and less than desirable students would either lose interest, not take things seriously, or get into far too much trouble to remain a student.

No one even knew why they even managed to get in. Some people would send petitions and letters upon letters pleading to get into the academy. But they'd just get turned away and those that didn't even know of the academy's existence would just find a letter in their mail inviting them, even offering to pay their full tuition and room and board if they didn't live close enough. Though most parents found it as a god send. Some thought that it was a chance for their child to turn their lives around and have a chance at being something, other, less caring parents thought that they no longer had to deal with their screw up of a child or didn't have to pay for them to live there anymore and happily shipped them off. Little did they know what they were sending their children off to do...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Up at the top of the tower, the dean was staring out of the window, awaiting for both returning and new students to return. He wasn't what most people would think a dean of a prestigious school like this would look like. He was very youthful, he had long slightly spiky black hair that hung down to his shoulders, piercing blue eyes, pale skin, he stood around six feet tall. He was wearing blue and white, the school's colors. On the lapel of his blue blazer was a silver owl pin with a blue gem in its eye socket. Under his blazer he was wearing a simple white dress shirt, but left his tie undone, hated the thing with a passion. Then he was just wearing plain black slacks and dress shoes. Perfectly normal... but sitting on a hat rack next to him was a top hat and next to that a black cane with a silver owl ornament lying against the wall.

A woman walked into his office holding a black leather notebook. She fit the look of a secretary or a personal assistant. She stood around five and a half feet tall, she had long brown hair done up in a tight bun, keeping it together was a silver owl comb, and brown intelligent eyes behind a pair of black rimmed glasses, she had peachy colored skin and a thin build. She wore an outfit much like the dean's a blue blazer, white dress shirt, and black tie, though, properly done, she wore a long black skirt that reached down to her knees, and black high heels.

"Mr. Dodgson-" She began, only to be interrupted by him. "Oh come on sweetie, we've been over this thousands of times, Charles." He said, turning around with an easygoing grin. "...And I believe that we've been over this, it's not 'sweetie', 'hot stuff', 'sweet cheeks', or any other term besides Peggy or Ms. Reynolds." She said, managing to keep her composure, the only sign of her annoyance was her perfectly manicured fingernails digging into the pocketbook's leather, which seemed to be a common occurrence, several little lines permanently pressed into the leather from several different angles from months of countless stressful and annoying situations. She took a small intake of breath. "You must get ready, the students will be here any minute and we're still preparing for today's testing." She said, he waved dismissively. "I'll be ready... Peggy, what's my schedule for tonight?" He asked, a mischievous glint in his eyes. She knew what was coming. "Nothing is going on tonight." She said, her nails already digging deeply into the notebook. "Then how about you, me, dinner, movie, and then a long night of wild unadulterated passiona-" She cut him off before he could go any further. "I cannot, I'm busy tonight." She said curtly. "Oh come now, we know you aren't busy, but I will surrender for now, but mark my words Peggy, you will be mine one day!" He said grinning. "...Never in a million years." She said, finally reaching her threshold, with that, she exited swiftly. "How did that man get this job?" She asked herself, as she did every time she had the unfortunate duty of talking with him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

At seven AM, the gates of the school opened. A large marble wall surrounded the parameter of the school, capped with gold, the gate's bars were gold, or at least a substance close to gold, the bars connected to the white marble at the border of the gate. At the very center was an owl insignia with calligraphic intertwining As behind it. A cobblestone path led past the school's lush gardens to the front entrance, the gardens were filled with a variety of colorful and sweet smelling flowers and plants, they were perfectly symmetrical, as were the two courtyards in the center of each half, which each had a path leading into each side of the school.

The school itself exuded elegance, the outer walls were made of the same white marble as the walls surrounding it. The roof had gray shingles. Dotting the outer walls were several windows that looked into large, clean, and well decorated classrooms, filled with the latest information and technology that pertained to the wide variety of classes that they offered. The academy was three stories, the first two for the classrooms, the third for dorms. At the front of the academy a huge clock tower jutted up into the sky.

Welcome to Athena Academy, enjoy your stay.​

4. Kaitou Wolf

Kaitou Wolf Active Member

The is a lot of valuable stuff here...
    The dark haired boy leaned against a wall, eyes closed. His heart lurched, but he ignored it. It wasn't his, it wasn't blood money, it wasn't stolen. Even dragons have standards. Or half dragons, as it may be. He hitched up his bag, and walked through the gates.

mmarage likes this.
  5. Pfvex

Pfvex Member

Lucian smirked looking around quietly watching everyone around him making sure he watched most escape routes if he did get in trouble he was probably one of the older students there for reasons of just because he's never really been good in schools before but when he was told to come here he thought after a few rough knocks he could change it up and try it. He just stood there waiting yawning looking at the others quietly.
    "this place could be so dull... like the others... they never really clicked with me..." he stretched sighing quietly his hair blowing across his face as the wind blows it a little. "Let's hope this is a bit better and can be less dull."

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  6. mmarage

I woke up in my room, I peered over at the alarm clock. Five AM, I didn't have to get up for another hour. I stared up at the dark ceiling. I was attending Athena Academy, today would be my first day there. I heard that they had dorms... perhaps I could apply for one. Probably not. Knowing my luck they'd deny it outright since I didn't live too far from the school. Though, I wanted more than anything to get out of this godforsaken house. I sighed deeply... even though I had slept for eight hours, I still felt tired. Let's face it, I always felt tired. Not that anyone cared. I still had straight A's, I probably paid more attention in class than anyone else, others were usually mentally checked out or were distracting others. Idiots, all of them, just idiots, always surrounded by idiots, the only person that isn't an idiot in this world is missing.

I peered over at the faded photograph on my nightstand after turning on the lamp. Two identical boys smiling without a care in the world. "...Leon please come home..." I mumbled, just as I did every day. Even though everyone says that he's gone and he's never coming back... I know it deep down... Leon's alive, he'll come home one day... I had to believe that, no matter what.

I heard a high pitched mew and felt something pounce onto the foot of my bed, I looked down at the green eyed tabby. "Morning, Leo." I said, he walked up to me and nuzzled me affectionately as I gently scratched behind his ears. The only friend I had in this whole world. Probably the only thing that would notice if I passed away. One of the two reasons that I decided to stay in this miserable world. But, he probably only had a few years left in him before he passed away, then once again, I'd be left all alone. I was brought out of my thoughts by Leo's excessive head butting and mewing. "Alright, alright, I get it." I said.

I got up and walked through the dark house to the kitchen and grabbed Leo's food bowl and dug it into his bag of food and set it down, then filled his bowl up with fresh water and set it down next to his food bowl. I sighed. "Up anyway, may as well get ready." I thought, I went back to my room and grabbed a plain white shirt, jeans, and a pair of underwear and went into the bathroom after retrieving a towel. I hopped in and out of the shower and then brushed my hair and teeth and put on deodorant.

I walked back into the kitchen and just had a small breakfast, a bowl of cereal and a banana. Then I grabbed a pair of socks, put them on, then grabbed my messenger bag, trench coat, and shoes. I knew my parents would be up soon and I'd rather avoid that eventuality if possible. It was almost six, I knew they got up around this time for work. I slung my messenger bag over my shoulder after putting my trench coat on, and then I slipped my feet into my shoes and walked out the door, letting Leo slip outside with me.

On my way to school, I stopped at a crosswalk... a delivery truck was driving this way. I stepped forward and watched as it came. A thought popped up in my mind... I just take one leap... I'd probably end up under the wheels, its massive weight would crush me and turn me into a bloody mess all over the pavement... no more pain... no more sadness... I could finally sleep. I could feel my legs tensing up, preparing for that leap. But at the last second... I decided against it. My parents would probably get rid of Leo... and Leon needed someone waiting here for him. I watched as it drove past and continued on my way to school.

I stopped outside of the school's golden gate and sat down next to it, waiting until it opened at 7 AM. When it did I walked in briskly and looked around quietly. I eventually found myself sitting on a bench next to a stone step pathway that led to one of the courtyards roughly halfway down the school's cobblestone path. I stared up at the sky in silence, knowing I still had an hour before school began. I wasn't interested in talking to anyone, knowing that they'd just be idiots, just like the rest of them.

Fabulous Jewels likes this.
  7. Kaitou Wolf

THE ANNOYING FAIRY ARRIVES!
    "Why, hello there."
    A new person sat next to Joe on the bench, a book in his hand, humming a little tune.
    "Isn't it annoying when you have that one song in your head that you can't remember that one phrase in?"
    His voice was soft, and amused, but not malicious.
    "First day here?" he asked, trying to keep conversation friendly.

Fabulous Jewels and mmarage like this.
  8. Nia

Nia Active Member

I find mornings to be the most dull part of the day. It's monotonous and ongoing. You get up and get ready and do all the typical things in the morning.....For me this morning was just off. I wake up and get ready only to find myself with no real chores to do. I merely brush my hair and pull it up with clips and straightened up my outfit. That was it for the morning. Nothing else to do which felt again off. I look towards the time on a clock above the wall in the room I currently called my home. Though it was only temporary until today. Today I would head off to some school......Something I would never have though I would be sent to. I was 'home' schooled after all. Either way I headed outside making sure the place was locked up before making my way outside towards Athena Academy. I was curious as to how the dorms would be but I was more concerned with the students.....What would they be like? Would they be nice? Or just mean. I've heard so many things about schools and all their problems that the idea of it just frightened me.

I hesitantly looked upon the school gates as I stepped in front of them. The school looked absolutely gorgeous. I couldn't help but stand there a few minutes staring in awe. I quickly shake my head and go past the gates looking around at the surrounding scenery especially at the many flowers. I looked at the time and realized I had alot longer time than I had though before time to attend. I quickly glance around to see if anyone was there not noticing the bench with the two conversing on it and go to the flowers to look at them happily. Not only did they look beautiful but they smelled just as wonderful.

9. mmarage

Leave Me Alone...

I frowned at the person sitting beside me, I turned my head away. "Leave me alone..." I said simply, allowing a hint of annoyance to enter my voice. I didn't want to deal with this annoying guy. God knows what he wants. They always want something, always. Everyone gets to know someone else for an ulterior motive. My parents are prime examples of this. Maybe he wants someone that'll help him study, or more than likely, someone to cheat off of. Maybe he thinks I have drugs or know where to get them. Maybe he's a sociopath or a serial killer wanting a new victim. Either way, I didn't want anything to do with him or better yet, anyone here.

"Let me see..."
    The other boy stood up, his book closed, the title facing him.
    "Musashi-sensei would tell me to go with a more direct attack. So... who'd you lose? And how can I help you get what you want?"
    The boy lifted the book from his eyes, a bright green shine to them, slightly alien in appearance.
    "Your girlfriend? Boyfriend? No..."
    He put the book down, and leaned in close.
    "Hrrrm... someone close enough to be related... your brother?"

I scooted away from him. "It's none of your business as to who I may or may not have lost. How about you get lost?" I asked, my fists clenched, my nails digging deeply into the palms of my hands, I thought that the kid had just heard about me from someone in town or something. Maybe we attended classes together. Maybe he's just been here all of his life. It was pretty well known about the forest fire thirteen years ago and how a little boy had been killed in the fire. Though... they never found the body, the family... my family... reported that he had wandered off shortly before the forest fire began and we couldn't find him. They never found his body though.

The other boys eyes searched Joe, and he sighed. He sat down again, and placed a gold thread to hold his place in his book. The title, The Book of Five Rings, were gold against a red background. The boy put his book down next to him, hands clasped together, thinking.
    "I don't know what happened to him," he said. "I just know he's been torn from you... your aura is screaming in pain... An old wound, but a painful one none the less. I don't know if I can help... but I will try my best if you'll let me."
    He gave a small smile, fangs showing against his lips. He brushed away some hair, revealing a pointed ear. The effect actually looked adorable, not creepy as one would expect.

"Hmph... you can help by getting the hell away from me already, I don't need yours or anyone else's 'help'." I said, I refused to look at him, I wanted him to get the picture. I'm fine. I don't need friends, I needed him to leave me alone. I didn't need anyone's help. I needed my brother. I didn't even know why I was sitting here still. I got up and walked further down the path briskly, wanting to escape from this kid's idiocy and his nonsensical talk about auras.

In a puff of smoke and vanilla, the boy suddenly appeared in front of Joe, waving a card.
    "In case you change your mind," he said, placing the card in Joe's hand. "Sorry about the scent. I've been trying to change it."
    With that, he walked off, waving, before vanishing in a puff of smoke and vanilla again. Before he did, a blue tail seemed to flick around.
    The card read: The Love Agent. Tam Rider. I help find lost loves. Followed by a couple phone numbers.

I looked shocked as he suddenly just appeared in a puff of vanilla scented smoke. I blinked a few times as he put a card in my hand and disappeared, but I was sure that he had a tail. "S-Stage magic, that's all... or maybe I've finally lost it... one of the two." I thought still shaken, I absentmindedly tucked the card back into my pocket and sighed, turning around. "Well at least he's left the bench." I thought, I went back and sat back down, trying to devise a way for him to have gotten in front of me so quickly... He must've just... taken the stone path opposite of me, and then threw down a weird scented smoke bomb and popped out while I was surprised... and the tail... obviously some weird accessory.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    FabulousJewels likes this.
  10. Pfvex

Pfvex Member

Lucian sighed seeing the others around him seeing the girl smelling the flowers a man appearing out of no where pestering a guy that obvious looked like he wanted to be alone and just various other people that were happy and enjoying themselves talking between each other. He sighed and leaned on the wall quietly sighing. "Well these seem like an interesting bunch of people that's for sure." He looked at a spark in his hand bouncing from finger to finger it was quite small so not many people would really notice it. "It was odd that they found me and offered me a place here everyone look the quite oposite to me..." He smirked stretching his hair covering his left eye he was wearing some jeans and t-shirt. "Well I wonder where the person that asked me to come here is... I mean these guys look rich..."

11. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

"Come now Miss London. Surely there's something I can do to help you?"

Wyndy glanced at the man who had been sent to bring her to the Academy. He was tall, with a crisp suit and tie, as well as equally crisp and well-trimmed hair streaked with gray on one side.

"I'm... okay..." she said quietly and her gaze slid to the entrance gates again. Students milled about, some in suits, others in plain clothes, and several in the ratty attire of those born and raised in the streets. Her? She was in a new school uniform, clean and pressed by her mother before she had been brought here by limo. When she'd seen the vehicle she'd know it was too much, but she ha learned long ago to tolerate things like this to please her parents. They worried about her enough as it was.

If only Myndy were here...she would love this place...all the shiny gold to stare at...Wyndy sighed and pushed herself up and out of the limo seat with a helping hand from the butler. Or rather she called him that mentally. He'd never told her his name, claiming he was a simple caretaker to make sure she arrived here safely and didn't need to be known as anyone important. Now, he simply grabbed the large suitcase and luggage from behind her and when she reached to help him with one he tutted. "Ta ta, Miss London. I'll be fine. And with your capabilities, I don't think it would be so wise as to risk injuring yourself with something too heavy."

Wyndy flushed a bit and her ears lengthened then folded back in embarassment. But just as quickly they reverted back to human ears and she turned and followed the man through the gates. She kept her head down, but couldn't avoid sensing the curious glances cast her way. No doubt she would look like a spectacle to some. She was just a regular girl, really, but her family kept treating her as if she could break at any moment. As if she were a glass vase that must be cleaned, shined, and kept in a padded box. Rarely shown to the world.

I guess that's partly my fault for following their orders... but it's my nature. she thought, looking around at the others gathered around. Then her nose twitched and she glanced sharply at a boy leaning against a wall several yards away. Something that smelled like fire was coming off of him.

12. Pfvex

Pfvex Member

Lucian not really caring felt someone watching him stopping the spark appearing in his hand quietly looking at a girl that was looking at him quietly sighing to himself shaking his head a tiny bit. He was slightly reminded of the glaring he was given back in the day when he was causing trouble and doing pranks on a lot of people. Which in turn made him chuckle a little but also feel guilt for it and went back to sending the spark of lightning across his fingers slowly jumping from each one to each one like a jumping fountain but with lightning. "What?" He says looking at her with curious eyes eyeing her from a distance. "haven't you seen lightning before?" he says quietly and a little curiously. "It's a static shock thing I've learnt to do when I was younger... as I've been positively charged i can make small sparks appear in my hand." He lied smiling quietly yawning like it was nothing special. "Of course I could do bigger but heh well not that I want to it can be dangerous to me." He laughed happily a long loud almost smug and condescending laugh jumping the spark from one hand to the other.

13. Keitsumah

When the lightning began jumping between his fingers, Wyndy went stiff as a board. Watching it.

Thunder. Thunder. She was running over the stepping stones. Waves rose and fell, threatening to overwhelm them. Myndy was a few steps ahead, hair standign on end as the two greyhounds fled in panic from the storm. Then the river swelled like an ugly beast and swept over the stones. Wyndy barked in fear and struggled to remain on her stone. Her claws had nowhere to dig into though, and she just managed to stay on by changing her forepaws to hands.

When she surfaced, she frantically looked about for her sister. "Myndy?"

"M-Myndy?"

A faint howl was all she heard, and when she only looked in time to see her twin go under.

Four paws touched the pavement and a large black greyhound stood where Wyndy had been. Ears folded back, spine arched, eyes wide with panic, she curled her lip in a snarl and backed away from the boy with lightning running across his fingers. Her new school uniform fluttered to the dirt.

"Miss London, please calm down. Sir, she's a canine shape shifter. Please ceace with the electric spell." the butler let go of her luggage and made a move as if to approach her, but she was already gone. Ran over the lawns at top speed, echoes of the storm that had stolen her twin raging in her mind. The man called for her, but she refused to stop, and when she saw a bench, she didn't notice the boy sitting on it or who was around. She just wanted to hide.

She skidded over the pavement and rolled, slammed into the side leg of the bench and wriggled underneath. High pitched, near silent whines came not soon after and she huddled in a ball beneath her hiding place, shivering uncontrollably.

14. Kaitou Wolf

Tam had teleported into the gardens, tapping out what appeared to be a cigarette from a carton. He lit it with a strange match and took a drag off it, then exhaled, sighing, before tossing the cig into the ground, stamping it out, and throwing it in a waste bin.
    "Doesn't work for me anymore, I guess," he said, throwing a carton into the bin after the cig. He went and sat on a chair, looking around. The garden was beautiful, and here and there he caught the faint chirping of birds and other animals. It was.. peaceful.

mmarage likes this.
  15. mmarage

I had looked at the girl that had arrived with luggage and a butler, I merely rolled my eyes. "Great, going to have to deal with rich idiots as well... I wonder if they'll be even more stupid than the regular ones. More than likely. After all, they probably don't lift a finger to do anything for themselves, buy off teachers or other students to do their work." I thought, I scoffed and looked away.

I suddenly was jolted from my thoughts from a slam from the side of the bench. I turned to yell at the moron or morons that did it to find that no one was there. "Huh...? What the hell?" I mumbled. Then I heard whining sounds under the bench. I got up and then knelt down and saw a rather large furry ball was underneath. I frowned. "How did this dog get inside...?" I wondered aloud. "I bet one of these dumb asses thought that it'd be a good idea or funny to bring in a huge dog like this... poor thing." I thought, I gently reached out and stroked its back. "Shh... it's okay." I said in as calming of a tone as I could, people I couldn't stand, animals were another thing.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  16. Nia

Nia Active Member

While I was looking around at the beautiful flowers I notice a boy around my age had appeared next to the garden not too far away appearing to be trying a cigarette. I hadn't notice him come over at all and I felt a bit panicked and worried. I would instantly shy away from the boy and the garden. I then look around the yard and notice all the students that had arrived while I was busy and look around quickly for any places not crowded. It seemed where I was no one was too close so I awkwardly decided the best plan was just to wait in my place until it was time to go inside. I wouldn't have to do anything but listen then....Hopefully.

17. Keitsumah

"How did this dog get inside...?" Wyndy curled up tighter at the sound of an unfamilliar voice, then jolted when she felt a hand on her back.

"Shh... it's okay."
    The hand stroked her spine in short, soft movements and Wyndy slowly felt her body relax. Eventually she uncurled and looked up at whoever was petting her. A boy. She couldn't tell what color his hair or eyes were -she could only make out the vibrant blues and yellows of the flowers in the garden behind him, but knowing his appearance, even without color, was enough.

But as she looked more closely, she realized that his facial expression was of someone looking at an animal. Not a human turned animal. Like the one time another student at her school had found her huddled in a corner in her dog form. It had helped get her outside, but then she'd had to run home on her own, leaving her clothes and her backpack behind. That situation had been a harder one to get out of when the teachers had called her parents asking what had happened, but thankfully had been the only one.

She didn't feel insulted. Rather, she preferred it that way. At least as an animal she couldn't be thought strange for being quiet. She could just follow her master around and do what they wanted. Her parents had always told her that she must get some independence, but she was a dog shape shifter. That had to mean something right?

Her ears folded back and she sighed and lay her head in the boy's hands. She hadn't asked for this. She hadn't asked to lose her sister. If it hadn't happened she'd still be normal. She'd still have her other half...

18. mmarage

It was a sweet dog. It pissed me off that some asshole would use her in such an idiotic way. What would be the point to let her run around? It's clear that she's scared. Not as if she's going to start barking her head off or jump on people. "Let's get you out of here, eh? Find yourself a better master that isn't an idiot, a tall order in this world. I'd take you myself, but don't know how well you do around cats and don't want to subjugate you to the happy happy hypocrites. There's no way in hell I'd call the pound to come and get you. I've heard some horror stories about sick bastards enjoying killing off unwanted animals, even going to the point of bragging about it. I mean you're really sweet and cute, but most people tend to go for the younger animals." I said, I got up and backed away patting my thigh gently. "Here girl." I called softly.

19. Keitsumah

Wyndy listened to the boy, deluding herself that life would be better if she was just a dog. And when he backed away, she watched him carefully. When he called, she hesitated for only a moment before she crawled out from under the bench and padded within a foot of him and sat down. This was okay. This was simple. Life would be better if it was simple.

But it was quickly shattered when she noticed the butler heading in her direction, the luggage left on the pavement and her clothes in his hands. Dust marred what had once been an impeccable skirt. Her ears folded back in embarrassment and her tail curled around her feet.

"My apologies, sir, and thank you for keeping an eye on her. Miss London was startled by another and bolted before I could try to calm her down." the man knelt in front of Wyndy, and though she didn't shy away her head lowered a bit. He held out her shirt first, waiting for her to give him the go to help her into it so she could change back no doubt. "Come, Wyndy. This place will be good for you if you give it a chance. There are more students like you here than in the human world."

20. mmarage

"Hey what the hell are you doing?" I asked I shoved the man aside. "Oh, I get it, this dog is that snobby rich girl's isn't it? Well tough, if she has to drag her poor dog around and even demean her to the point of dressing her up, she doesn't deserve her for a second." I said, it pissed me off to no end how crazy animal owners would dress up their animals and drag them around or even make them compete in pageants. I couldn't imagine how much that dog must've suffered and how insane this lady must be, I mean... getting a uniform for her dog as well? Crazy with a capital C.

21. Pfvex

Pfvex Member

Lucian looked absolutely confused on what the situation just happened blinking taking a double take at the dog that just skittered across the ground that was once a human. "Well that is something you don't see every day." He laughed confused blinking more a little freaked out but started to calm down as he was used to magic existing but he didn't know others had it"maybe wait another magic user that couldn't be possible... I thought that was only my skill.."
    "I better go find and apologise to that girl dog... whatever she is..." He went over hopefully where he saw the girl went. " He brushed his blonde hair out of his face and sighed stopping the spell quietly not expecting that. "Heh well I guess she is a dog so understandable she'd be scared of my magic." He sighed quietly and looked down feeling bad.
    "well at least I have an advantage over her if we ever need to fight her at least." he muttered to himself quietly.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  22. Keitsumah

"I am afraid you are incorrect, sir." the butler said calmly and wiped off his shirt. "Miss London does not own a dog. This is her. But of course everything will be explained later by the Dean, I am sure..."

He glanced back at Wyndy, but when she backed away and hid behind the boy he sighed. "I will bring your things to your room. It's number thirty-six. Here's the key..." he glanced at her lack of pockets and pulled a slip of cloth from his pocket, tied the key to it, and after a moment of hesitation when she finally stepped forward again he wrapped the cloth and key around one of her forelegs at the ankle. "I am surprised nonetheless that you've found the one other student who is similar to you in one regard, Miss London." he said, but rather than clarify what he meant, he stood and walked back toward the unattended luggage.

Wyndy watched the man go, ears back and a guilty look in her eyes.

23. mmarage

"...Okay, now I'm sure that everyone that's associated with that family is just plain crazy now." I mumbled as he left, I mean I get the animals are a part of the family. But this is a dog. It cannot use keys, it cannot open doors, and it certainly can't find a room that it's never been to. I mean maybe following its master's scent... though I couldn't really imagine why that dog would want to return to a life of more humiliation. I turned around and knelt down, gently patting her head. "So, 'Ms. London' I doubt you wanna go back to all of that, so, just turn and run before your crazy master finds ya." I said.

24. Pfvex

Pfvex Member

Lucian quietly walked around searching curiously finding Joe and the greyhound girl quietly with no lightning or anything shrugging. "Well hello there I don't think we've met." Lucian smiled softly sighing. "I just wanted to say sorry for spooking your dog. I was playing some loud music and kind of just you know made her run away. I didn't mean to and I apologise." he smiled softly acting polite and peaceful but obviously not knowing that Joe had magic he had to lie to make sure that he wouldn't be ratted out like a freak or an absolute wierdo. "the name's Lucian. Not really great on the introductions but you can call me a bit of a unlucky student."

25. mmarage

I fixed the boy with a cold look. "This isn't my dog, and I don't really care who you are, and I'm ninety nine percent sure you don't care who I am as well. Thankfully for the both of us, you won't want to speak to me after this, you'll probably walk off and think something among the lines of 'This kid is a douchebag, I should avoid him to spare myself further unpleasantness'. So have... a day." I said crossing my arms.