Atlantians (revival) discussion thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by naturemage, Nov 20, 2015.

1. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Would you mind if I post a big supervillain attack, like something that would require multiple heroes to respond? I'm trying to think of a way to bring everyone together. Our characters are so different, I don't think they'll group up unless a big crisis draws them in.

Also, what time of day is it? Halisme's latest post seems to have moved us to night, so I'll go with that, if everyone's fine with it. Callie and Cryo seem to be the only ones actively involved in anything. Everyone else seems to be in waiting.

2. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Mouse, I'm actually using Bob to do as such. He's going to be the first big villain.
    Also, I would like everyone to move their characters to mid morning time. Try not to skip so many hours at once because it starts bending the timeline around and making it difficult to tell when events took place.

3. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

Is there a place as well we should try to have them go to or be around?

4. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Not really, just try to get on the same time of day

5. obi-sem kenobi

obi-sem kenobi Senior Member

I've really enjoyed the stories so far and I'm excited to be a part of it!

Name: Alan James

Family: Parents died recently. He has some brothers and sisters back on the mainland, but he
    doesn't really stay in touch.

Appearance: Slick hair, his features are stern but his eyes are old and worn. He used to walk straight like those slick corporate boys, but he's already slacking. He has a sturdy built and he's strong, but not in a bulky way.

Clothing: Trench coat, fedora hat, usually wearing a fading suit.

Description: He sees connections that other people miss. He’s a conspiracy nut, but only if he can find or verify the connections himself. He can be blunt and inquisitive, but also polite enough to get the information he needs. He can read people very well and understand why they do what they do, what makes them tick. Some will think him rude and dislike him from the start, while others might warm up to him eventually. Though few would believe it, he really likes people. That’s why he is disheartened every time he realises what they are capable of. He always looks for the bigger picture and can be frustrated when other people just don’t see it. He won’t be on the frontline fighting super-powered villains, but he will make sure that when those villains do go down, their entire criminal network goes with them.

Hobbies: He does not really have hobbies so much as little obsessions. Smoking, toying with his lighter, drinking (just enough not to be addicted, but skating the edge), observing everything and everyone wherever he is. He stays up to date on all current events by whatever means necessary. He has perfect recall, so everything he observes he can call up at a time when he needs it. The only place he really relaxes is in a nice, quiet Jazz café.

Superpowers/Equipment: None. Unless his gun counts.

Extra info: He was born in the Netherlands and lived there until his parent died. He moved to Downtown Atlantis five years ago.

6. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

I'll be posting tonight or tomorrow to continue everything. Just wanted to be sure everyone else had a chance to get to the same point on the timeline

7. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

Cool. I was waiting for someone else to reply as I dislike double posting.