1. James Terzian

James Terzian Member

Author of the Lord Of Shadows Rises

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by James Terzian, Aug 8, 2017.

Hi

James Terzian here. I have written the Lord of Shadows Rises trilogy. Third book is in editing. On here to get more inspiration and ideas and overall improve my writing

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    GIR Waving.gif Sir.
    Cool. Editing sucks. :p
    GIR and Moose.gif To de-stress from editing. :supergrin:

3. TheNineMagi

TheNineMagi take a moment to vote

welcome to the forum, looking forward to what you have to offer.

If I may ... I would be highly interested in learning about your journey in writing your trilogy.
    What inspired you, how long did it take to write, and what were your ups and downs.?
    What kind of advice would you give to writers looking to publish their first book?

are you seeking to continue the series or looking to start a new project?

4. James Terzian

James Terzian Member

It was no inspiration. I was bored one day and started to write. For me my first book was published by a vanity publisher. That was a waste of money. I went with createspace and editing three time before getting a good book. The ups has been the five star reviews but the first editing I did was subpar and that hurt me early on. Difference is I was willing to make the changes and go back and fix it. The advice I would give is get you ducks in a row. Make sure you market before writing. I wish I had done that.

My second advice is as the Author you should stay away from those pay for play publishers. They will charge an arm and leg.
    This may not work for you, you can try other stuff.