Author sues Ubisoft

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Keven, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Boriol

Boriol New Member

Honestly, a plot device in Assassin's Creed is the last thing I thought Ubisoft would get sued over.

I can sympathize with the author because, thinking about it in his shoes, I'd hate it if I invested years of my life into a story only to have it gain no attention for nine years, only to be beaten out by a game with the same central plot device. Frustrating, no?

I don't think it was necessarily right for him to sue, but I can at least see where he's coming from. That or it could just be a publicity stunt--or even a bit of both, as has already been established by previous posters.

2. Allan Paas

Allan Paas New Member

I googled the title when I first heard about this news, it had only one review on amazon. And the price, way too high for a book almost no one knew about and was published 2003.

3. Kaymindless

Kaymindless New Member

I don't know. Unless I go back up to the original post, I don't even remember his name or the books name. And I'm a bit too lazy to go looking for it like some other people. I figure, they get found guilty, that will hit the news, innocent and we'll never hear about it again. Sure there will be some people who go out of their way to try and figure out the actual differences/similarities but not enough to really make a dent.