1. BillyxRansom

BillyxRansom Active Member

Sub-Forum for discussing setting?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by BillyxRansom, Dec 12, 2008.

There is a character development sub-forum, and a Plot creation sub-forum... How about something for discussing prose based on describing/building a setting/world? Or is there something like this which I just haven't noticed before?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Mostly those threads end up either under Plot Development or General Writing. In some cases, it falls under Plot Development->Research.

I'm not sure there would really be much added value in creating a separate sub-forum, and adding forums for the sake of finer distinctions has drawbacks as well: a longer index page, and more places a member has to search through to find the information, to name two.

It is always possible to further subdivide categories. Carried to the ultimate extreme, it degenerates to no categories at all, and each thread becomes its own category.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

ditto that!

4. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

Too true. We don't want the site to get cluttered. I've seen that happen on other sites.