Tags:
  1. Arizona Tape

Arizona Tape New Member

Awkward introduction: Hi?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Arizona Tape, Mar 28, 2017.

* awkward cough * Hello everyone,

I just joined this forum since I love writing and reading, but as I got ready to introduce myself, I couldn't help but wonder about all the ways a person can say hi.

I contemplated between: Ahoy, I greet thee and a long list of other synonyms.

But that all seemed quite awkward, so I went with the awkward intro. After all, I haven't really introduced myself, have I? I much rather would have wanted to go on a ramble about how awkward is a really awkward word, I mean, what is it with all the W's?

Anyway, I am Arizona, I am living the second decade of my life and I have only recently decided that I wanted to fill my life with more writing and reading.

I live with a cactus plant and I have a vase filled with candy. I do weird things and I wonder about iregular stuff. But then again, don't all writers? :)

So, hi everyone, ahoy, I greet thee all. I am happy to be here and I hope to meet many more writers here!

Arizona

Stormburn and Fernando.C like this.
  2. Dr.Meow

Dr.Meow Contributor Contributor

From one new member to another, welcome. This forum has already helped me improve a lot.
    How do you know about my candy jar? That's top secret, where are you getting your information? (shines bright light on you in interrogation room)

Couldn't resist.

3. Fernando.C

Fernando.C Contributor Contributor

Hi Arizona, and welcome to the forum.

Oh and say hi to you cactus from me :p

4. DeepInTrees

DeepInTrees New Member

Haha... excellent. From noob to noob, welcome! Writers do often wonder about weird stuff... we are curious folks, thinkers, feelers, weirdos. Best of luck in your pursuit, and see you round these parts later. Cheers!

5. JLT

JLT Contributor Contributor

On forums like this, I do my introductions with something like "Greetings from Sacramento" or "Greetings from a fellow non-fiction writer" to let people know something about me right up front, and give them a point of reference. It's much the same as a query letter, in that the recipient doesn't really want to know that you've written a 500 page book about a war in a distant galaxy ... they want to know how your book is different from all the other fifteen books about wars in distant galaxies that they've been offered in the past month.

Welcome to the monkey house, as Kurt Vonnegut would say.