1. Jason Hanson

Jason Hanson New Member

Hi everyone

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jason Hanson, Feb 7, 2019.

My name is Jason but everyone calls me Jay. I was just wondering how I can post short stories on the story page? Am I missing something? It's not done but this is the first time I have ever written anything and would love input and anything that could help me write better in the future. Thank you for your time.

2. Earp

Earp Contributor Contributor

Please read the Rules under the Information tab in the header.

3. Hammer

Hammer Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi Jay and welcome from me.

There are, as @Earp says, some pretty rigid rules about posting work - created for good and valid reasons.

The best way to learn to write better is to stick around, get involved in the technical discussions, get involved in some of the goofing around, and critique other people's work - you will learn more from this than from having your own critiqued too soon! When you are ready, put some of your own up. What genre do you write in principally?

Enjoy.

4. Jason Hanson

Jason Hanson New Member

I like sci-fi and horror mainly but I am open to other genres. I have an encyclopedia on the go right now for a sci-fi series. It's a lot of work as I'm trying to come up with a new language. Sometimes I just sit down and write a few thousand words out in an hour on some story idea I had with no planning at all. I have Scrivener and haven't used it at all since I bought it. Most of my writing is all on Google Keep. I suck at organizing my writing stuff but want to get better at that as well. That's why I signed up to this site so I can get better and talk to other writers. I have been here before but just as a guest and observer and learned by reading others mistakes. I want to know where I am failing as a writer so I can fix those problems and continue writing my stories. Thank you for your time.

5. Jason Hanson

Jason Hanson New Member

Sorry I missed that and will do so.