1. apollonaris

apollonaris New Member

Ayyy!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by apollonaris, Jul 4, 2016.

Ay yall, I'm Madison/apollonaris. I didn't know if I was cool enough to hang out here so I spent a few weeks perusing/stalking before going "#yolo imma post" so like, here we are I guess?

I should clarify that outside of hobby writing I'm literally the worst typer, my online presence basically screams "lazy millenial" and if my phone didn't automatically capitalize words this whole post would be a sad, pathetic mess, so forgive me for the sins I am going to commit in my future posts.

That said, here's a bit about me:

I love to write (obvious) and got my start in roleplaying. I've been a part of online roleplaying communities for over ten years, but these past couple years I've become more interested in my own personal writing projects, stories that I eventually want to publish, etc. I kinda decided that my dream career would be as an author. Thanks for nothing, biology degree!

My favorite things to write are descriptive scene setting and character development in sci-fi/fantasy genres, with some recent dabbling in the horror genre. I have a few big stories I've been working on as well as a collection of short stories focusing on environmental landscaping. I love writing about landscapes. No, seriously. That person that writes 5 paragraphs about trees? Definitely me. I mean, Tolkien, but also me.

So theres that. My other hobbies include herpetoculture, art, and vidy games. I'd really like to immerse myself in the writing industry and I feel like this'll be a good chance to learn more and share my works. I hope yall enjoyed reading my introductory novella. I look forward to... talking to people, instead of lurking like a creep. :)

bonijean2 likes this.
  2. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Hya! I love reptiles, I really want a chameleon. What do you have? You're sure to get lots of response here and have a lot of fun (I do). See you around.

3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to WF. :) If you're interested in role playing, lo and behold, we have an RPG sub-forum. :D Check it out!

Video games can inspire writing, even though they're otherwise very different platforms. Some video games have amazing stories I wish were made into actual novels (Dark Souls...)!

Anyway, here's our New Member Quick Start to get you officially started. See you!

-Kat

4. FireWater

FireWater Senior Member

Welcome! :)

5. apollonaris

apollonaris New Member

Chameleons are the absolute cutest! I love them, we see babies all the time at the reptile store we go to. I have 2 snakes (ball python and dumerils boa), 8 leopard geckos, and a crested gecko! I've had beardies, a chinese water dragon, a curly tailed lizard and anoles in the past too, but I've had to downsize my collection since moving to a new place.

I.A. By the Barn likes this.
  6. apollonaris

apollonaris New Member

I saw the RPG forum! I was eying it up a lil haha... But yeah, some video games are really great inspiration for writing. I love Skyrim, and right now I'm obsessed with a game called Subnautica. Makes me wanna write underwater scenes!

7. apollonaris

apollonaris New Member

Thank you!

Thanks! I hope it draws some attention! Herpetoculture is basically the hobby keeping and breeding of reptiles. Stated above, I have a bunch! They're my babies.

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! :D

Carly Berg likes this.