back in the 90's

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by coral reef, May 4, 2007.

Tags:
  1. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

Lol Betwitched wasn't in the Ninties was it?

It was 60s,70s or 80s, surely

Ah yes, the good old Saturday cartoons!
    Bring em back!:mad:

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

sorry, coral, but that was never the case, even way back in the dark ages when i was a kid... nor before that, sorry to say... and how could one have change left, from a 'penny'?... ;-)

in the uk, you could, with a 'ha'penny'... but not in the us, where a penny was/is the smallest piece of money... nit-picking aside, like you, i do wish some things were 'less easy' now and more like it was then... but, speaking as a mom who had to raise 7 kids, not laundry!!!

3. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

I want to live in the nineties again. Imagine, kids actually wanted to go running around outside and you could run arount outside without too much fear. There were a lot less overweight kids. I think I was happier as a kid rather than a teen that wanted to watch tv or play playstation. As A kid that grew up in the ninties, I didn't have to think about what was going to happen, didn't have to wonder when, not if, the water was going to dry up. I had freedom. That's what i liked about the ninties.

And Gak! I loved gak! I still have some plastered to my roof from when I was a kid! lmao!

Oh and power rangers! and beanie babies!

4. coral reef

coral reef Banned

when i said penny i was just using it as an example, if you want details then i was actually referring to how my mother used to be able to buy a pie, and icecream and a soda with 2 cents and have change left over..i dont know how slang terms are in other parts of the world, but sometimes in aus we like to call very small amounts of change 'pennies'

5. coral reef

coral reef Banned

i remember running around with a plastic laundry basket attached to my back and a big stick playin ninja turtles. or me and my friends would get those gigantic lolly rings and play captain planet...... hmmmmm

6. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Captain Planet! Ha! I used to like the rebal fire guy and thought Captain Planet was pretty darn cute. Until they redrew the cartoon! I loved it! And I too used to play with laundry basket and also jumping on the trampaline. Awsome fun. And lackey guns- my brother and his mate used to make them out of pieces of wood and shoelaces. They also dug up half our back yard into a trench. It was wicked fun!

7. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

holy cow!... when/where was that?... i can't even imagine that in third world countries...

...so do we... so, if she got all that for '2 cents' and got change, then did all of that actually cost just one cent, or did they have 'half' or 'quarter' cents back then?... i'm not being argumentative, btw... just curious as all get out...

hugs, m

8. coral reef

coral reef Banned

in all honesty maia...i have never thought to ask..i am curious now..

ill take a raincheck on that one

9. coral reef

coral reef Banned

we used to make whoopee guns out of a 5 inch piece of hose and the finger of a rubber glove, then we would get a hand full of rocks and run around the bush shooting each other with them..yeah it hurt but we did it anyway...
    kids are fearless..damn i miss those days..no worries, no cares, no ties..just pure innocence..

10. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Oh geez. I'm gonna have nightmares about my brother having one of those things and chasing me with it! ACK!

11. coral reef

coral reef Banned

hahahah..aww it wasnt that bad..a few bruises and a bung eye!